Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / How to ruin a good start....

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Sardaukar
Registered user

Last page view:

5623 days, 22 hours, 13 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 at 18:21 (GMT -5)

Had very promising Drakeling Barbarian, Carpenter quest, no problem. Went to Puppy Cave..to my delight found altar on cavernous level. OK, 2 precrownings and crowning time all coming soon, I thought. Just needed to get lawful to be able to sac more.

Went back to finish Hotzenploz and Thieves Guild boss after getting Detect Traps. Gave puppy corpse to girl and got lawful boost from carpenter quest. Got amulet and was lvl 13, bashing monsters left and right.

Converted altar in PC cavernous level to lawful with no problem. Was saccing monsters like crazy...when it came to my mind to clean the altar from rubbish by kicking.

You guess it, one kick too many... "Altar shatters..."
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4061 days, 18 hours, 33 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 at 08:11 (GMT -5)

Huh. I guess everyone does that at least once in his life, not only me :)

Who needs some stinking precrownings anyway, right?
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5134 days, 23 hours, 45 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 at 09:20 (GMT -5)

I have kicked at an altar once, but it didn't break, luckily. Also once I broke a leg and died with a char who wanted to "clean up" a dug-out dungeon by kicking heaps of rocks about (he was wearing ring of weakness)

Speaking about "how to ruin a great start" - how about this...
I started a hurthling priest 2 weeks ago, got him to 21, let him sleep past 2 weeks...then played him some yesterday.

First: Notice I have plenty of books, decide to read them up. I drop all scrolls, move 4-5 paces away so I can keypress r - a (space) and not have to scroll. (Move away so a vortex doesn't burn the scrolls). No problem, I press faster and faster, adding some space . And then...my brain kicks in and informs me that it read the words "your equipment turns to dust". WHAT? Oh sure, all non-arti eq is gone. 7lb, and adamantium spear of devastation. Turns out one book was a tract of order, and I had recently changed align to get detect traps. Niiiice.

Second, I am on bottom of puppy cave, eating corpses and food on the floor, fast-ish...one tile has a brown % on it, (several items) are here, iron rations I see, press (e)at - a two times....turns out the second was, of course, puppy corpse.

Well, back in favour with the gods again, got crowned so let bygones be bygones. And mithril warhammer of penetration can be a decent weapon too.
Portrait
gut
Registered user
Painted this one too.

Last page view:

4890 days, 20 hours, 8 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 at 10:03 (GMT -5)

That 'letting characters sleep' has bitten me
more than once also. The worst was when I loaded
up a character that I had saved on D:45. Upon
starting, I checked my inventory, and noticed
that I was wearing the AMW. This didn't make
sense to me, because I had a much better eternium
armor in my pack. So I quickly changed, and
headed off. The emperor lich around the corner
cheerfully 'death rayed' me upon sight.
Put me in the 'fool filter', where I belong!
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5657 days, 12 hours, 45 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 at 10:14 (GMT -5)

Great stories guys, keep 'em coming :D
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Worst Player... ever
Registered user

Last page view:

4685 days, 17 hours, 43 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 at 12:50 (GMT -5)

For sleeping, I keep a text file of what's going on with my characters. Location of useful stuff, resistances, and things I need to watch out for, as well what I want to do when I next play them.

I always sleep my guys. I rotate my characters and don't play more than one of my top ones during the same day, so that a death won't quite be such a setback. It sounds anal but it keeps me into the game. :)
Narcolepcy
Registered user

Last page view:

4799 days, 19 hours and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 at 15:59 (GMT -5)

I just got an idea, new challenge game. "The Minute Man", Start a new char, you may only move him ten times per day then you must save and wait for the next day. Also you may only attempt this with one char at a time. Should be able to win in about a year.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/7/2008 at 16:04 (GMT -5) by Narcolepcy]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: