Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / RRC - Game reports

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4060 days, 21 hours, 35 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 09, 2008 at 06:54 (GMT -5)

Okay, it's going to start soon. This thread is the place for the game itself, NOT for discussing it. Do that in the "Roman Republic Game" thread.

- We will use the winbeta version of ADOM. You can get it on http://www.adom.de .
- Everyone who has played a segment sends the savegame to the next one in line. The email adresses are listed in the playing order thread. If they can't be found there, check the profiles.
- Keep a backup of the received savegame, in case the game crashes with your 2000 turns.
- After having sent the savegame, safekeep it for a while in case your successor mysteriously disappears.
- After you have received the savegame, either play and post the report or, if you need some time, post a fill-in report saying you got the savegame just fine and will play later.
- Your report should be detailed, especially regarding things that your successors should know or be warned about. Did you flee from a dangerous monster somewhere? Did you detect a dangerous monster on a certain level? Did you obtain poison resistance, fire resistance? Could you have obtained them but aren't sure? Did you kill a cat? Did you find herbs? It's a good idea to write a rough summary of each newly-explored level (except for Infinite Dungeon ones, of course).
- Remember, you are a Roman consul or tribune with ultimate authority within your timeframe. You can do whatever you want with your turns. Of course, we all share a common goal: Victory!
- You have 2000 turns. Use :t (thanks, gut) to toggle your tactic display to the turn counter. As soon as it shows 2000, 4000 and so on, save. Apart from playing too many turns *by accident*, there is no exception. Even if you are in the middle of a battle, you have to pass on the game. When Caesar was called to return his troops after he took Gaul and his proconsul time ended, he said "Hell no, I'll keep them for just a little while" and it spelled the end of the Roman Republic. We don't want that.

So much for the rules. Worst player... ever, you are the first on the list. We will (our only democratic decision) let fate decide. I'm going to generate the r/c combo right now, and we'll discuss whether we should choose certain starting talents such as Alert or Heir, but you can start playing at 12 PM GMT.

CURRENT STATUS:

Rhea, the gray elven merchant, is about to save Khelavaster, has found an eternium two-handed sword of penetration, and is currently preparing to breeze through the game with her awesome power!
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/14/2008 at 18:59 (GMT -5) by Silfir]
Worst Player... ever
Registered user

Last page view:

4684 days, 20 hours, 45 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 09, 2008 at 11:42 (GMT -5)

I think Rhea is off to a good start. But let me open up with the bad news... I didn't remember to keep track of the first kill until I was on VD:4 or so. I never do that in my own games and it slipped my mind when I started this one. :(

I'm fairly sure it was a goblin.

I found Jharod, and am on VD:5. There were only a couple of situations that made me worry at all... the first time I saw a claw bug, the first time I saw a ghul, and a rabid dog/Black Hurthling Tension room. Rhea was never in any serious trouble.

Rhea is now level 6. For talents, I completed the 'Treasure Hunter' trinity so we've got that along with Long Stride and Good Shot. I did think about taking Healthy... hopefully the pull of 'Treasure Hunter' on me doesn't cost us later on. :-/

Here are items of note:

When you first enter the Village Dungeon, you'll lose all your PP in a 'strange magical shock'.

Upper right hand corner of VD:2 has a 'smells of carrots' room.

Cache of food, Warhammer near stairs heading down to level 3.

Spellbook near stairs heading down to level 4.

More rations heading down to level 5. (I found a bunch of food)

Jharod is near the up staircase on level 4.

I'm curious to see what the plan is now... what I did was the easy part. I don't think she's entirely ready for Yriggs, myself.
Narcolepcy
Registered user

Last page view:

4798 days, 22 hours, 2 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 09, 2008 at 14:25 (GMT -5)

Not used to winbeta version, such as /mq instead of @ and no fullscreen. Started off by puting ring of damage on right finger. Not sure how much you used pick pockets, but I use it on anyone that doesn't scare me. Head down to vd 6 and find stairs fast, so I go on to 7 (healing comes first exploration comes second), First room, and only possible way to proceed is a room full of gibbering mouthers. Fight them on very defensive using only thrown coins and get several more dv thanks to shield skill increases, switched to defensive and later normal when I realized it was all misses and no blocks and they can barely touch me through pv. This room took the shield skill from 0 marks to maxed (at least until we get a better shield, we now have 40/5 on coward). Was faster than Yriggz and only had to kill one monster with him standing next to me (rest died in 1 gold piece). Saving Yriggz took us from n- to n+. I then went to explore vd6 and practice pickpocketing. Found a hp regen room, and picked a cursed ring of damage, which I blessed (why bless an uncursed ring?). Found all the items worst left, went to outlaw village, and thats it for me. You should be able to join the thief's guild. I prayed once (healing) so you should have 1 left.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/9/2008 at 14:26 (GMT -5) by Narcolepcy]
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4142 days, 2 hours, 9 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 09, 2008 at 15:45 (GMT -5)

“Turn around,” strange voice whispered in Rhea’s head. “There is nice shop just behind you. Every girl likes shopping, right?”
As true merchant Rhea checked black market – instantly buying metal cap, potion of carrot juice and taking a notice of spellbook of firebolt and thick gauntlets.

“It is time to make some high level contacts”, voice whispered again with unsurpassed persuasion. “And I do not mean these stupid villagers.”
Well, Rhea get known with crime lord and gets two quests.
“We should try making impression on this guy.” So Jharod dies. Well, before that Rhea uses potion of carrot juice in proper room and zap checks the wands learning one of them was ball lightning and other of wonder giving her knowledge in “Slow poison spell”.
On way back Rhea charges towards orcish spear, but strange voice takes care of her actions once again.
“Drop stuff and step back. Fast.” After a bit dancing our merchant obtains a crude spear. Luckily it is not being cursed.
She gets back to bandit village, grants herself entry into thieves guild. Drop spellbook and warhammer into room opposite to master thief. Sell most of useless stuff. Learn bridge building and sell both manual and hatchet.

Black market luckily restocks adding archery gloves (uncursed) and short sword of hunting (1d6-3).

In puppy cave Rhea repeats milking dances obtaining second crude spear and luckily charges towards the cat as voice starts walking again:
“C’mmon, Rhea, you like pussy cats and shiny rings”. Mentioning rings is enough for her to leave a cat in left bottom corner (PC1) behind closed doors.
Next level has staircase in dark room, and fireball trap in corridor shaves half of Rhea’s hitpoints as she nervously listens to some grinding sounds in distance.
Luckily down staircase is close.
“Pick speed.” Voice whispers gain. “No elf can have enough of it.”
Rhea obeys and gets quick talent for level 9.

Voice speaks more silently, but still forces to use sword of hunting against some spiders. Luckily it is not cursed one. Unluckily there are no corpses.

Not much more to say:
-Dragging food brought strength to 15,
-And Pc4 contains lawful altar, left top room.

Good luck.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/10/2008 at 05:14 (GMT -5) by Soirana]
Portrait
gut
Registered user
Painted this one too.

Last page view:

4889 days, 23 hours, 9 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 at 06:32 (GMT -5)

I just recieved the save file. Used the alter to
convert our girl to the way of order, being a
gray elf, I hope she doesn't mind. Got our
inventory ID'd. It turns out that 'good' leather
armor we were packing, was a +4 padded leather
armor, sweet. The second orc spear was 'of
hunting', and a great one at that.

It occurs to me, that playing upon just waking
up is not such a good idea. I hit the '_' key
instead of the 'O' key. So now we've prayed
twice. Shouldn't be hard to get a bit of piety
back though.

Cave lion was generated in PC:4. I just ran
from it, I didn't lock it in a room or
anything. The fire trap in PC:3 is gone. I
donned our -fire ring, and tried to burn
away that brass amulet. Didn't work, we're
still sporting it. There is also a pool,
in the dark room on PC:2. My feet felt
wet.

Actually, I have no idea what our missile
damage is, it doesn't show any more. I
killed the old barbarian very easily, so
it must be at least 1d2 +15. It took us to
level 10, now coin throw range is 5 squares.
Our allignment switched back to NL, so I
should be able to use the alter in PC:4 to
burn away that brass amulet.

On my way back to PC:4, I led the cave
lion to PC:3. I got him lodged in some
webs, and shut behind an unlocked door.
Try as I might, I couldn't get the diety
to burn away that amulet. I even killed a
non-hostile wolf, to turn NL again. He
still wouldn't turn it to dust. Oh well.

PC:5 stairs were very close together, so
no danger there. PC:6 vault was undead.
We have a ring of -stun, so I'm in the
process of clearing it now. The turn
counter is 7761 though, so someone else
will most likely have to finish it.

I'm getting so much loot from the undead,
that I'm having to stash the extra on PC:4,
by the alter. I was on my way back to the
stash, when I ran out of turns. Most notable
addition to the equipment is a +3 adamantium
girdle. On to Darren.

Advice: You might want to check back in
that vault. I don't think I found all of
the hidden rooms.

Put me in the 'fool filter', where I belong!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/10/2008 at 07:40 (GMT -5) by gut]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4231 days, 20 hours, 52 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 at 14:59 (GMT -5)

I didn't do much, I must admit. Cleared PC6 - found a neutral altar. Pity it was an undead vault... Starting luring monsters from PC5 to the lawful altar on PC4. Got us to spiritually invincible - not far off very close by my guess, which is worth getting for the Fate Smiles. Getting a precrown this way would take up most of a whole extra turn though. The altar isn't in the best of positions. Blessed our water and ided all of our equipment.

Found a fire beetle and cave fisher corpse, so we now have a couple of extra resistances. Got to level 12 - chose Very Quick. Our carrying capacity is now doubled, which will make it hard to train strength. PC5 is not fully explored yet. We have several decent weapons now, including a club of penetration. I put on a cursed cloak of protection because we're unlikely to find anything better soon (and cloaks are easily destroyed). Haven't uncursed the amulet because we have nothing better for its place. There's a pile of stuff next to the altar on PC4, including a spellbook and some cursed chain mail.

Over to Sulangatori!
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Sulangatori offline
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 at 03:56 (GMT -5)

Okay, first thing I do is lure a goblin onto the altar on PC6. Looked suspiciously like a lawful altar, but it was indeed a neutral one. Ground rumbles. Darren's work is put to naught. I must start reading these game reports a bit more carefully. On the bright side, our deity is now very pleased with us. Hurra.

I found there was extemely little to do with my 2004 turns. Dragged some chaotics to the altar, switched ring of stun with a ring of luck and boots of dex with heavy boots (i like pv). Found an adamantium shield with (+9, +3), which was good. Also found some extra melee weapons. One cat is trapped in bottom left room on PC6 and another one I think is lurking around PC6 somewhere. It followed me from PC5 and then left me - I couldn|t find it again. Other than that I ate frog legs and picked up a kobold shaman corpse, so if anyone wants to trade a potion of extra healing with a mana point, they're welcome to do that.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5134 days, 2 hours, 47 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 at 04:07 (GMT -5)

File received, will play & post later today (8 hours from now or so)

PC: Being neutral, I did not think we had enough food for the precrown. Headed towards CoC. Got from NL to N+ by one saccing.

Terinyo: Sold puppy corpse to foodshop

Lawinthewall: Nothing much, decided not to sell stuff (and get detect traps) and get better prices later instead.

Wilderness: Found some arrows (donated by some barbarians) and pickpocketed another waterproof blanket.

D 1: Wand shop! Nothing exciting though. Piles wands in a corner and left.

D 2: Nothing much. Time ran out, I was heading due west to check out the rest of the level. I also used the bow some, but not enough to gain a skill yet. Nothing dangerous generated yet.

I was planning to get to the arena and gather food and some gold after.

Good luck

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/11/2008 at 12:09 (GMT -5) by Molach]
SinX
Registered user

Last page view:

5853 days, 7 hours, 15 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 at 22:05 (GMT -5)

Well I got the file. Ill play tonight and post tomorrow after I get out of class.

WOW I severely underestimated how short 2000 turns is. I didn't do much. In D3 herbs were generated. I picked the ones fated to died and stabilized a square of morgia root and moss of mareilon. I got lvl 13 on D4 and the challenge from Rehetep was generated. I didn't bother looking for it (doesn't matter anyway). At the arena I got some lizard but not much was in stock. Also I named the traders to sort through the crap. On D6 a potion shop was generated. I was hoping for a potion of exchange for pretty kitty's in the arena but alas.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/12/2008 at 01:33 (GMT -5) by SinX]
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 at 08:35 (GMT -5)

Okay, I played my share, and I think I made a fair bit of progress.

I entered the big room. I found a mithril ring mail there and managed to save a lot of the herb patches. We already have a steady morgia source, so we might not need to pacify the Big Room, but if we did, we'd get safe sources of almost all the herbs one could need.

I got the si, and entered Dwarftown, which was generated on D:9. (Very cool if we want to smith!)

The mimic died in two hits. I've never really been afraid of it, and with our enormously buffed up char it was easy. I bought a mithril chain mail with 7 PV, a crystal of knowledge and blue dragon-hide gauntlets in the shop, which then restocked, prompting me to also buy a cursed scroll of magic mapping (at a steal, we'll bless it later on anyway). Also blessed our water, we now have five potions of holy water.

Thrundarr quest one was gray ooze. Very humane. In fact, you don't need to worry about that quest, because I managed to complete it later.

I prayed by accident once, and got our amulet uncursed. That's not so bad, is it?

I went back to the Big Room to get the gray ooze. While killing off the monsters there, I suddenly caught gaze of a yellow V. Panicking, I checked my equipment, but found no ring of shock resistance! What was I to do? Then I found the blue dragon-hide gauntlets I just bought and let out a *big* sigh of relief. (We lost only 14 HP - might have died without my gauntlets!)

I took out a werewolf and his summons, and managed to meet a gray ooze. Killed it and hit level 14. Raised Herbalism twice, Detect Item Status once.

So I tried to make my way back to Dwarftown to get the quest reward, but my path was halted.

The first time I had to battle a spider factory, I was a little annoyed, but it was among the things you had to expect. I used up a wand of magic missiles to take care of the summoner ASAP. The second time it was a dark elven priestess - this time I lured them out to D:6 and slew spiders and summoner.

Then I entered the big room yet another time, only to find another horde of large spiders advancing! Seriously, what kind of joke is that?!

Anyway, Rhea is currently right on top of the staircases to D:6 in the Big Room. There are some spiders near, and the summoner is still alive. Iridia should be able to take care of the spiders and the summoner yet again.

PV is 18, and we have some useful items and the first Thrundarr quest already completed. I have to say, we're on a good way! I've had a lot of less powerful and well-equipped characters in Dwarftown before! We've got a good shot at winning!
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/12/2008 at 13:11 (GMT -5) by Silfir]
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3748 days, 5 hours, 37 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 at 22:35 (GMT -5)

Well, I got rid of the summoner and spiders. It took me forever--most of my 2000 turns, actually.

There's a cat in a closed (but not locked) room on the Arena level, and another in the Big Room. I also saw several jellies and shot them.

I descended back to Thrundarr to get my items ID'd--we have a spellbook of Frost Bolt, which will be nice once it's actually possible to read the thing. I tried and got blinded. There's a big heap of items just above the Big Room--I dumped them to get rid of Burdened status; they're junk but could be sold for money.

The level below Dwarftown has a scroll shop. Didn't buy anything; there's a Teleport and Identify. I killed a bunch of gnolls (one got in a critical hit), and proceeded down the hall... at which point I got surrounded by blink dogs.

That's where my turn ended... have fun and watch your alignment! Do we have teleport control yet?

Oh, yeah, and I killed a doppelganger lord. Stupid thing kept on confusing me.
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/12/2008 at 22:39 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
vogonpoet unglued
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 at 13:45 (GMT -5)

So Rhea was indeed surrounded by blinkies, but she was also bloated.
I decided to fight our way closer to the up-stairs, in order to sell in DT some of the corpses I was hoping to generate, for later consumption at Rhea's leisure.

Things kinda went according to plan, but despite the spear of hunting, only two corpses were generated.
One I deposited in the shop, and the other, which I had just blessed as it was about to disappear, I took with me, intending to consume as soon as no longer bloated. What a stupid mistake that turned out to be - it wasn't until I had finished exploring D10, and part of the level below, that I began to suspect Rhea had been snacking on blessed stomafilla with extra weetabix for breakfast.

D11:

Rhea headed on down to the level below, and got the "you shudder" message, which I think means trapped room.
Poking around the level, Rhea finds yet another neutral altar and a few pit vipers, before hearing some wind approaching. Proceeding cautiously, She spies a lightning vortex, checks her blue gauntlets are equipped, loads the construct slaying arrows, and one-shot beserkedly pastes its lily yellow @$$. Switching back to normal tactics, but feeling pretty cocky, she approaches a door, finds its locked, and kicks it down:

Ultra bad news: our short-bow, cloak of protection, and heavy boots ALL got shredded by a door trap. Sorry guys, I should have unequiped them considering I was hunting a trapped room at the time. I suck.

Pretty bad news: only now do I realise Rhea just isnt hungry. After much internal debate, I head back to DT, having to spend another holy water on the stupid blinky corpse. So now we have two blink corpses, and a lucky pixie corpse I found, stored in Waldenbrooks. But stil not intrinsic tele (pretty ring though).

After 1000 turns, apart from destroying our best equipment, all I managed to achieve beyond stupid corpse finding was to drag a dwarf downstairs to killed by some hostiles, yeilding a pickaxe, which is nice.

The good news: One of the gnolls Iridia killed turned out to be weilding a battle axe of penetration 1d6+4, which is considerably better than our sexy club.

D10 again:

Heading back down (still bloated), the scrolls shopkeeper did a partial re-stock, yielding a SoIncreased Melee Damage, which I bought. Having sold a few battle-axes and Si's upstairs previously, I also spent 550 gp on buying all the cheaper scrolls in the shop, in order to make next re-stock more useful (49gp for scroll of darkness? bargain, who knows where next vortex tension room will be?)

Luckily a few monsters turned out to be in the trapped room on D11, so we know where it is. I didn't cross it, so rest of level is unexplored - I was hoping D12 would not be Dh1, and indeed it is not:

D12:

Finally became satiated :)
Put new axe to good use killing stone golem. Having lost all our best equip to traps, got a bit scared by baby blue dragon, but axe saw that off too.
Found the ancient scythe in the darkness on the right of the level.

D13:

You feel excited! You hear buzzing sounds.
Just before time ran out, Rhea gets badly beaten up by a ratling duelist, but her newly trained crossbow skills fell the beast.
Then 22000 turns come up, I save, and realise I didnt make a screen shot. I open it back up, and manage to commit my final act of stupidity - playing on a lap top as always, wanted to make a vlg or whatever its called, but managed to pray instead. Thats right, the fourth??? accidental prayer of Rhea's short life. Still, she got healed from 43 to fill HP, so it could have been worse I suppose *hangs head in shame*.

Worstplayer...ever, are you by any chance terrible at poetry? I'm thinking your moniker belongs to me, maybe you can have mine...

Off now to try and crank up the spiders and get on the interwebs...

...and email sent Subconscious <ok>??

<sigh>vp
Subconscious
Registered user
Adventurer of the Human Mind

Last page view:

5383 days, 20 hours, 6 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 at 14:54 (GMT -5)

Well. Character is looking good but we have encountered few problems.

Ok. When I started at D:13 I started to do some investigation on the level. We found longbow! Which was unfortunately cursed and also a scroll of identify. In upper room there was a bee hive and I killed lots of those buzzers. They dropped lots of loot but I had no time to look after them becouse I got beaten up pretty badly so I fleed to room in the middle. Bee generation is stopped in this level and all the bees are behind door in western room.

At northeast, there was a vault. Which was a JELLY ONE! CAUTION! Had no fitting key to the room leading to it so we just have to hope no humanoid will open it.

D:14:
CoC splits in this level. There are also BEES that are coming from room which has a stairs to Animated Forest, be careful with those insects. The Dwarven Halls entrance is in middle of level. Theres brown pool in room to the west from middle of level. At Southeast theres a scroll shop! (Merchants really get more shops generated?) nothing interesting there tho.

I was too scared to enter the Dwarven Halls so I ascended back to D:13 and tried to deal with those bees - with not so good results so I ran away once again and climbed to D:12 to look if theres something to have. Turn counter has 24000 on it.

Bees blocking us are a problem but not fatal. Also the vault can be pretty bad if it gets opened without us having an artifact weapon.

To the next player...

"The white baby dragon equips the small shield." WTF :D

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/13/2008 at 15:27 (GMT -5) by Subconscious]
Narcolepcy
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 at 17:26 (GMT -5)

Climbed down to d13, Pwned the bees, then tackled the vault. Absolutley easy, they could only miss or get blocked, used the axe on the green ones and coins on the grey and white ones. There was a werewolf in the vault so it took quite a bit of time to clear, and got us 2 levels and a bunch of shield marks. When I was done with the vault went down to dh1 and used our crystal of knowledge after blessing it, then came right back up. Had no intention of doing dh and this opinion was only reinforced by the *THUMB*, so don't go to dh unless you are looking for a titan or greater molach. Gathered everything in the scroll shop and read a blessed id, then put the scrolls in the corner and bought a few useful ones, such as luck, increase melee accuracy/damage and protection, although I didn't read them. Feeling bold with the scroll of luck I drank from the pool and got slightly strengthened, then it dried up. Turns out we got some ok crap from the vault, nothing spectacular though. We have 50k exp to 17 so it will be intresting to see what we can accomplish before the pyramid. Finished my turn fighting bees on d14.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/13/2008 at 17:28 (GMT -5) by Narcolepcy]
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3748 days, 5 hours, 37 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 at 19:01 (GMT -5)

Ugh, I'm sorry--I didn't consider the possibility of that stomafillia lasting so long.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 at 23:57 (GMT -5)

i'm done with my autocratic ruling.

If you seen screenshot you might guess what I did easily. Indeed i raid the darkforge.
And that twohander - honestly i considered leaving it wilderness and not mentioning. I feel it will be indirect cause of this character's death.

Back to report - I headed up as soon as possible. Avoiding most of fights for stopping experience growth.

Edit: I do realise Rhea has no chances of precrown, still without Wyrmlance she could have chance to get precrowned in pyramid and i really didn't see erealistic precrown chance without selling DF loot for money. Sorry.

In dwarftown i dumped some valuable stuff (like spellbooks) behind shop and blocked path with locked doors (feel free to check it). Also sold lot of stuff. Also bought some minor stuff including bracers of speed.
Also got teleport control installed (and i believe d10 has some alive blinkies.)

Way up - big room has two cats straight now and S3 is totally unexplored as i took glimpse at it from bellow.

DDL- i did minor exploration basically looking for stairs down. tension room?

VDDL - enter, find tp trap, read scroll of item detection and miss square with tp wand so i digged up stairs with wand of digging.

on turn 26966 i reached long and non-descript tunnel (goes whining for 2k turns being so short).

NDC - has black altar (chaotic one), and i disposed steel golem with construct slaying quarrels. I'm not sure but there might be tension room.

Raid itself - well i took most of armour, all weapons, crown of science and money. Bad news i used up scroll of magic mapping - as it feels unfair to teleport soimewhere in darkness.

Loot- some eternium armour, some eternium weapons (most sold to Waldenbrook), Wyrmlance and that stupid two-hander.

Way back - i took three waked up golems up with me. I teleported away from them so beware.

I also met giant boar and used my wands of wonder for good. No skull, though.

There was not so nice moment in big room. Rabid dog pushed critical and Rhea got sick. Well i droped some crap and made way to curaria square, preserving potion of extrahealing.

Back in dwarftown - i've sold most of items from DF but ended only on 50k+ in gold. Well, I ended purchasing point of Le and To via dwarven trainer as i do beleieve this might be slightly faster than herbs. These should go up in nearest time.

In remaining time i made way up to stash above big room and tried to drag part of it to dwarftown hoping to make more money but my turns ended here.

few notes:
-i have no idea there from came mithril cap but use it for good
-with current stuff and stats i would strongly advice against using that two-hander. Running around with 15/15 character on 70hit points ain't funny at all.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/13/2008 at 23:59 (GMT -5) by Soirana]
Portrait
gut
Registered user
Painted this one too.

Last page view:

4889 days, 23 hours, 9 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 at 00:30 (GMT -5)

I have recieved the save file, and read the
preceeding game report. This will be edited.

FIRST EDIT:
I spent the first 300 turns dealing with the
cats in the big room. I shut one up in the
upper left hand corner of D:8. The other, I
led into the tender mercy of a fire vortex.
Rhea was not hurt in the explosion, due to her
blessed fire proof ring. We lost only the cloak
of adornment AP +1 that she was wearing. I
dropped the load of loot plus 30000 gp by the
stairs on D:8. I plan to visit the pyramid.

I picked 6 morgia and a curia on my way through
the big room. I figured that would be enough
to get TO up a bit, and protect from mummy
induced sickness. Some monster dropped a cloak
of invisibility, that should help.

SECOND EDIT:
I'm on D:3, and find it bizzaaarrr that no one
has applied the herbalism skill, on ANY of the
herb bushes, here or the big room. So now we
have 20 morgia and 11 moss, if you count the
cursed ones. I will use them as I go. I am now
in the pyramid. I am being very careful with
our equipment, I have stashed everything that
could be hurt in the DDL. I have picked up a
bronze amulet, and a replacement +3 adamantium
girdle. Sweet. I am having to exit the pyramid
to heal periodically, as I 'discover' the traps.
The turn counter stands at 28898.

THIRD EDIT:
I have just entered Rehetep's level. Rhea killed
him with 2 quarrels of undead slaying. Whoever
trained the crossbows skill, thank you. There
are some pretty tough monsters in here though.
I am wearing the cloak of invisibility, so I
don't feel there is any danger. Still, I think
I'm just going to loot the artifacts and split.

FOURTH EDIT:
I'm leaving the climbing set and pickaxe in
the pyramid. I could get them, but so far there
has been no equipment destruction. I don't
want to press Rhea's luck. After we get the
detect traps skill, perhaps we can get them
then. I'm off to the Griffyard.

I'm having some fun with this 2-hander. There
are no monsters on the above ground, that are
really dangerous, so I'm not worried about DV.
Besides, our shield skill got maxxed in the
pyramid. We now need a better one.

I dropped our items on the stairs, walked the
underground level to discover the traps, and
re-entered. I used some unholy water to curse
3 potions of invisibility. We have the cloak
now, but I know how they can get destroyed, so
I kept a couple of potions. I now will fight
Nonnak, the turn counter is at 29627.

FINAL EDIT:
AAARRRGGG!!!! We don't have any holy water!
This is a rather hilarious time for me to
notice that. I had to use pepper petals, 2
blessed and 1 uncursed. Got level 17 mopping
up stragglers. I put Rhea's skill increases
into herbalism. Switched to penetrating axe
plus sheild for the bone golem. Ate 2 morgia,
so that will be training. Spent the rest of
my turns just killing minor undead for loot
and shield marks. Rhea found a crown of
regeneration, so that should help for later.
Also some blue dragon scale mail.
Screen shot in a second. Over to Darren.

Put me in the 'fool filter', where I belong!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/14/2008 at 01:55 (GMT -5) by gut]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4231 days, 20 hours, 52 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 at 02:10 (GMT -5)

Received. Let's get to work, baby...

Rhea shoved on the blue dragon scale mail and got to work on the rest of the ghoulish ghuls and shadowy shadows that inhabited the graveyard. 3 kills in and a slavering zombie keels over dead, dropping in the process... another blue dragon scale mail. Well, always handy to have more... She carried on hacking away at the rather boring creatures to train up her spear skills, picking up a writing set in the process.

A wight lumbered towards her and she decided to whip out her old orcish spear of hunting. Sticking it through the creature's chest caused a dull grunt and mumbling from the monster, which gradually subsided as green gloop oozed out over the spear shaft. Rhea looked on it with disgust, and yet... well... she was suddenly feeling peckish... One attack of the munchies later and she carried on hunting, feeling somewhat revitalised.

(500 turns)

She left the graveyard in a merry mood and decided to take a little trip to the old bandit town, seeing how she was in the area. She popped in on the letch Yergius, who as usual did little other than ogle at her, but with a bit of flirting and an exchange of coin she managed to get some info out of the miserly old coot. She learned a bit about how to spot traps, which she was in dire need of after her recent trips to some heavily trapped areas. She also invested some coin on a bit of stealth theory. She picked up a spellbook she'd left behind in his house too - never know when it might become useful.

Hotzy made some snide remark to her as she passed his dirty little hut, so she put her wand of lightning to good use in disposing the world of that slimy little man. The gold he left behind also help prop up her coffers... She popped in on the pathetic sheriff in Terinyo to let him know of her valorous service to the community, but the ungrateful twerp only gave her some miserable amulet as a reward. These humans really were an awful lot...

She explored around the area a little and found a very small cave to the north-west that she'd never noticed before. How interesting, she thought... She donned her cloak of invisibility before entering, because fame of her deeds was getting across the lands and she was fed up of dark sages coming for her autograph. Better to travel in cognito, vis a vis invisibility (and by tht I mean invisible). She explored the level, whacking away at creatures who got in her way (except for an annis hag she saw - it was quite ugly, hideously so, and she cannot be having with such ugly things - she snuck around it when its back was turned instead). Eventually, after exploring the whole damned level and picking up some grubby blanket she found the stairs down to what looked like rather an unremarkable dungeon. Oh hurrah, more dungeons... Whatever happened to great riches and wild planes of existence? She'd even heard tale of burning towers, giant shops, levels of ice and scintillating caves, but she was starting to believe it was all just exaggerated stories. All she'd found so far was dull dungeon after dungeon...

(turn 31300)

She took off her cloak of invisibility since she was getting hungry, and set up her portable dining set, complete with fold-out table and chairs, exquisite china plates and polished silver cutlery. Sure, she was out in the middle of some grisly dungeon miles from proper civilisation, but one mustn't let standards slip. Her only regret was that her butler had gotten killed on the way to the Drakalor Chain - now she had to do the washing herself, which was a terrible nuisance. She dined on quite a gruesome meal of dwarven sausage and stale herbs. How she longed again for fresh venison and hurthling liver...

After finishing her mediocre dinner she set off again, not expecting to find much in this dull place. On the second floor down she found a heavy tower shield. She could tell it was cursed, but ah the intricate crystal design! It was incredibly pretty, and she was a great lover of pretty things (such as herself). She could not resist wearing something so marvellous. It matched her long silvery-white hair so perfectly.

Fully exploring that level she then headed back towards the downwards stairs, only to find a number of clay golems and a black wizard in the most comical act. The poor wizard had obviously tried getting these fellows to work for him, but he wasn't able to control them properly and they'd begun attacking him. She dispatched the two nearest golems to get a better view of a couple of the constructs bashing the little man's head in - what an entertaining sight. But with the black wizard dead the clay mockeries of men now marched towards her. She whipped out her adamantium spear with a smile - time for her to have a little fun.

(Turn ended - whoever's next will have to dispose of the remaining golems (they're not much trouble) and continue exploring the UD. The SMC stairs are actually reasonably close together it turns out, so technically you can get back out that way with the cloak of invis if you desire. I'd say it's best to plod on though - UD always has nice stuff. Editted log file in the other thread.)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, there's a wild cat on UD1.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/14/2008 at 03:54 (GMT -5) by Darren Grey]
Sulangatori
Registered user
Tourist

Last page view:

1434 days, 2 hours, 17 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 at 11:31 (GMT -5)

Very interesting turn. Went down to UD3 and found neutral altar. Got holy water, about 4 eventually. Down on UD4 there was river which I teleported across. Ran into an acid vortex (literally) which took me from 115 to 14. No worries. Used a couple of moss and a couple of morgia. Moss took us up to last 25 of dex, but morgia didn't increase potential, so I ate 4 blessed ones before I quitted (remember to keep an eye on that potential). UD4 also has one square of alrunia and stoma I think. Down on UD5 there was *gasp* a shop. A potion shop with very reasonable prices. Bought two cursed potions of extra healing for 124 gp. I ended up buying the whole lot for about 1000 gp. Went down to UD3 again because I forgot dropping some stuff on the altar. We have a mithril long sword of devastation and a mithril warhammer of vampirism. Oh, I used pick-axe _once_, which produced a blessed crystal of knowledge. Am now on UD3, but had a quick glance at UD6 and I shuddered, just so you know.

Also, turn-counter's on 34035 because I had to show my mum the basics of ADOM. She was not impressed.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5134 days, 2 hours, 47 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 at 12:27 (GMT -5)

Game received.

My first post was of course directly in here, and it was lost to forum instability. Damn. Okay next time Crtl-C first.

From memory:
UD3: Blessed shield, wielded sword "Mormegil", blessed it too. Zapped wand of wonder for magic missile and lightning bolt.

UD4: Teleported across water. Had no patience for harvesting, probably better to do it in big room which has all kinds of herbs.

UD5: Shop restock! Bought it out for only 1700 gold. Got two potions of boost mana, used one to recharge teleport wand, other is cursed and was saved. Some water, troll blood and boost stats.

UD6: Found trap room, and searched out traps so the skill can advance. Also a L altar.

UD7: Another river. Teleported over.

UD8: Another river. Teleported over.
(I know about ring of fish. Each time I though, that is the bloody last one...)
By the way, we are carrying around 6 potions of carrot juice...and no swimming skill. Shame.

HMV: At least one farmer generated. Also a stone giant lord, who had to be hit twice to croak. Shop had book of magic missile, use book-casting when traversing wilderness to train mana. If you will. I picked up scroll of chaos ("CUTME", not IDed) and the potion of UH (cyan). Sold a bunch of stuff to shopkeeper (armors, some weapons we never will use) till he ran out of cash.

Headed out to pyramid and picked up pickaxe and climbing set, teleported to downstairs ready to go, noticed turn counter 36027 turns. Saved.

Over to Silfir.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/14/2008 at 13:28 (GMT -5) by Molach]
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 at 16:23 (GMT -5)

Oh well, nothing remarkable for a while... Got swimming, went back to Dwarftown... Sold some items, got quest reward for killing Nonnak... All well and fine and boring... Watched my turns dwindle by thinking "Well, this was a waste of time."...

Guess what happened.

Did you guess it?

YES, I FOUND A FUCKING RING OF DJINNI SUMMONING ON D:13!!

I actually did a retarded victory dance when this happened. Hoo boy!

I got through the animated forest dual-wielding shields alright, and right now I'm standing right in front of Khelly. It's 38000 on the turn count and I've just wished for the amulet of life saving. I'll grant the honor of actually giving the amulet to him to Iridia (grudgingly, as you can imagine)!
Sulang
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 at 16:46 (GMT -5)

That is truly remarkable news. I thought we would never get that blasted swimming skill. Finally.

On another note, had I found the ring I would have gotten 7lb.
Narcolepcy
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 at 16:50 (GMT -5)

On a related note, if you would have gotten 7lb's, I would have mocked you.
Silfir
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 at 17:15 (GMT -5)

On an unrelated note, WRONG THREAD PEOPLE.

Also, I'm so glad I got the ring and not you.
vogonpoet elsewhere
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at 17:48 (GMT -5)

Game Report:

After slaying the final few ogres with spear of hunting, just one more corpse was generated. Rhea was starving and loosing stats to hunger when consumed, but did not get stronger.

Got next quest, and did some minor stash consolidation in OC.
(Found Silfir's lost armor in one of our stashes btw, but left it there for now :-p)

Decided a few more herbs would be in order, and a few more St points, and a few more gems, so went to Big Room and made attempt to pacify, despite Invis cloak. Blessed pickaxe did much good work, sheilds were trained slightly whilst Very Agressively battering away at the rock, but only 3 giants were slain with our spear, none of whom left a corpse. Plus side, couple of crystals of knowledge, and some darkness. Down side - locked my door to complete the line of digging along bottom edge, only for it to get kicked down by a Troll. I didn't think that was possible for a lowly Troll, still confused about that, although door definitely no longer there. One door is no big deal, but of course, a damned cat came along and trapped me in my own corridor.

Thought about it, had plenty of options (make second exit, use Teleport), but in the end I decided to just kill our second kitty (always so easy after the first one, if we carry on like this, one cat every 2000 turns, CL will be fun), as I am a miser, and didn't want to waste an extra door.

Anyway, after doing the mining (a *lot* of my turns gone, but worthwhile I reckon), I decided I deserved a bit of fun, so instead of actually pacifying the BR, I just put on the Invis cloak, picked herbs from each of our squares, and went and did a few bouts in the Arena. It should be easy to pacify now, if anyone feels like yanking a final charge out of our wand, and I hauled the ore off and stashed it on level above I think, if anyone desperately wants to do some smithing after 5th dwarf quest (that regen crown is crying out for some spit and polish).

The reason our hero is on beserk wielding our hunting spear again is due to her having just killed, on my very last turn (there is still a pile of gold at her feet), an Ankeg or whatever the pink 'i's are called. Sadly, no corpse.

Thats it from me this time round.
Subconscious
Registered user
Adventurer of the Human Mind

Last page view:

5383 days, 20 hours, 6 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 at 09:56 (GMT -5)

Finished off the Arena fights and got gladius. 20th fight was Ogre Magus - which was easy but took bit of time since he ran around and I didnt want to waste quarrels on him. After taking my gold and gladius I bought some more cooked lizard and descended way back to dwarven city. I dropped the second adamantium shield to one of our junk piles and sold some crap to Waldenbrooks.

Thrundarr gave us blessed fireproof blanket and such. I decided to trade the gladius since we will be using mostly polearms and axes. Then I did some identification on items with altar (Didn't want to waste scrolls of ID). We got Battleaxe of Thunder, Great flaming axe and plain mithril halberd. I sold the halberd and some unnecessary weapons.

By the time I noticed that our strenght was 16. So I went and got some training with STR with Garth.
I didn't take the 5th quest from Thrundarr becouse I wasn't sure about our final aligment (for sac purposes) and I felt that we dont have to do it now anyways.

Scrollshop below Dwarven City was full of scrolls once again so I bought some of ID just becouse I thought we might be needing them after some time but..

I feel like this character would be ready to tackle Water Temple. It should be easy with these items and so on. So I continued the way down and then I got ambushed by 2 werewolf lords and there I spent the rest of my turns.

To FantomFang
"The white baby dragon equips the small shield." WTF :D
FantomFang
Registered user

Last page view:

5791 days, 7 hours, 23 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 at 12:28 (GMT -5)

I have received it and am currently playing. Edit to come soon.

EDIT: Ok, played my 2000 turns, which didn't last very long AT ALL, lol. Killed off all of the wolves where subconscious left me, took a good few turns, but no problems there, and started taking the stairs down. Was so strained that i fell down a few stairs =p

used a blessed potion of booze to recharge the wand of teleportation and teleported across the animated forest...before that, i hit up the scroll shop on D:14(i think?), and bought several scrolls, Increase Melee Accuracy and different things, nothing major, consolidated the rest of the stuff in the corner. Past the animated forest, I reached the CoC Graveyard, where i got a ring of invisibility. Was currently at work clearing it while invisible, had to use a few undead slaying quarrels for the liches in there (might be more further east though). The closed door in the southwest corner is to a room half full of Baby White Dragons, I didn't want to have to finish them until i was done with the undead, so they're just chilling in there.

Currently invisible also, as I used our cloak to help with the masses of enemies, so I could pull them individually.

Also, leveled up to LVL19. Spent skills on Dodge (x2), Backstabbing, Detect Traps.

EDIT: I was wrong here. Her toughness actually went down by 1 for some reason :(

One odd thing: despite Rhea's strength going up by one point over the course of things, and her willpower and toughness remaining unchanged (toughness potential went up), I somehow had less hp than when i started...i'm confused.

Sent it on to Narcolepsy. Have fun!
Going for 2nd win

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/19/2008 at 13:14 (GMT -5) by FantomFang]
Narcolepcy
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 at 20:01 (GMT -5)

I have no idea why you were fighting undead with a non blessed weapon, switched to the blessed 2hander and things were much easier, cleared it all, and then the dragons. Dug up all the greater treasures, only got master liches, and they all died in 2 hits. Id'd all the crap and there is a stash of stuff about 6k stones heavy directly above the down stairs on the graveyard level, the soft boots I found were sadly boots of speed. The stash contains some good stuff so do not ignore it. Used some blessed crystals of knowledge, a blessed potion of learning, and 2 blessed potions of troll blood, got +1 toughness from a corpse, and used some unholy water on some invisibility potions. Do not accidently uncurse them. Cleared the next level, then went down to the water temple level, cleared an undead tension room then dug to the temple, and got the thin and nimble corruption right after digging in. Shot all the chaos servants to death then killed the snake with the 2 hander in darkness, thus ending my turn.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/19/2008 at 20:18 (GMT -5) by Narcolepcy]
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 at 22:00 (GMT -5)

Good news - the Wyrm is dead. Bad news since it is 4a.m. local time i forgot... to put any effort in girl's toughness

it seems i'm destinied to spend most of my turns climbing up...

i've checked all stashes and shop restocks on my way up (i can't believe someone left things like scrolls of charging or potions of watewr unbuyed). most of usefull stuff is either sold (corpse of snake from beyound) or stashed in ogre cave (most of spellbooks, blessed scrolls of chaos resistance).

In order to preser the corpse i've blessed uncursed (leaving potions of invisibility cursed)

i've tried reading some spellbooks - picked "Light" spell, spellbook of magic missile blowed in Rhea's face and finally i blessed "Frost book" and managed to learn a spell.

I also got Rhea at very close but since i bought scroll of danger i decided not get her crowned.

More bad news - big room is flooded with blink dogs so beware.

ToEF - frost bolt + some scrolls of power did most of job and i simply ran away from some boring grues (okay teleported once or twice). Even fire giant king was gone in two bolts.

Top level - i've drunk potion of invisibility (blessed one), when digged part of tunnel, when alternative escape route, when opened a temple.

Chaos servants were gone by my brand new wands og magic missiles from wand shop. ANd as wyrm started working on Rhea's brain i realised she has no means of confusion resistance. Luckily high willpoer hold her consciousness so i lured wyrm into corridor keeping buffer of silly daemons, when stunned them all, when paralyzed and switched to two hander. Well, wyrm took 4 hits including to misses, so i collected drops and wernt away.
Spent last of my turns eating some heavy food and on last turn exited tower.

However on my last turn i got message abou equipment going lighter so Wyrm corpse just became cursed. I warned you.

End of Soirana's despotism.

oh, and tow points of dex came from using some devil roses.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
FantomFang
Registered user

Last page view:

5791 days, 7 hours, 23 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 at 15:02 (GMT -5)

Ok, here's how my turn went:

0-84 = Used two potions of holy water to keep Wyrm corpse from rotting, gave it to the Druid and received a blessed PoCC

85-379 = Recovered Sword of Nonnak from the Griffyard, acquired a Necklace of the Eye; used another holy water to bless 9 scrolls of identify

380-490 = Entered Darkforge

491-1178 = Cleared Darkforge, acquired a crystal chain mail, used a few Spenseweed

800ish = Leveled up Climbing (x2), Detect Item Status, Detect Traps, Stealth. Got a new talent - Quick Shot

1178-1552 = Went down to D:3, looking for the herbs i thought were supposed to be there...didn't find any (D:3 = CoC: 3 right?). Made it to TotHK.

1553-2000 = Started exploring Tomb, currently on UC:2

Notes:
Axes reached LVL8, Shields LVL10.
UC:1 - Dark Room near middle of level, partially lit by a crystal of light (go giant raccoon mining for me)

UC:2 - Ants! Use them to mine out the level if you want.

CoC:3 - at least 1, i think more, vortexes
Going for 2nd win
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: