Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Holy mackarel the stupidity...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Sulangatori
Registered user
Tourist

Last page view:

1441 days, 11 hours, 38 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 at 00:51 (GMT -5)

I play trolls alot, but also orcs and dwarves. I rolled a random character and ended up with a gray elven archer. Just finished with Garth and dozens of poga, learning, mana etc. I have a RoDS and since Khelavaster is out of the picture I think: 'hm, I got Wish on spell list; man, it would be cool to be able to cast it eventually'. So instead of wishing for 7lb or anything like that I wish for Concentration. Djinni says: 'man, that's silly, try something else'... I stare in disbelief and wonder what the hell is he on about? However, I get to pick another wish and I blatantly pick concentration yet again. Djinni says: 'Hoho, you're one silly geezer. No wish for you!' I stare a couple seconds more before I check my skill list: my Concentration is at 100. At this point I am quite happy having outsmarted the Djinni, but after, oh, say, 15 turns it suddenly dawns on me: 'I had Concentration all along, didn't I...'

And here I was thinking that I reached my peak in absentmindedness last weekend when I woke up from a party and found that neither my phone, cards, keys nor money were in my jacket where I left them. Searching through the pockets and turning it upside-down inside-out yielded no result. After staring at it for two hours I realize: 'wait a minute, this is isn't my jacket...'

Can't wait to grow old.
Narcolepcy
Registered user

Last page view:

4806 days, 7 hours, 23 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 at 01:03 (GMT -5)

I loved the personification of the Dijinni, great story. If you get another try getting find weakness =þ
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4239 days, 6 hours, 13 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 at 01:16 (GMT -5)

Haha, oh man, hahahahaha! Both those stories are hilarious. But the great thing about the first is how you were pleased with yourself initially until you realised your mistake :)

(Your second story reminds me of one I heard from a guy a few years back... He had just come to uni, and had a one-night stand with a girl, but was hesitant about it because he'd heard of girls that went back with drunk guys and stole their valuables. Well, after a night of drunken passion he wakes up, and the girl is gone. And sure enough his wallet has disappeared too. His cash gone, his cards gone. So he immediately phones his bank and cancels his debit and credit cards, then phones the police to report the incident and give a description of the girl. Not until after he does all this does memory flood back - the previous night, in a fit of drunken paranoia, he hid his wallet in his pillow so the girl couldn't find it. He checks again, and sure enough there's his wallet, with his cash and cards all intact, except his cards are now cancelled and he has to ring up the police to apologise for a false alarm.)
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: