Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Time and Corruption.

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Worst Player... ever
Registered user

Last page view:

4691 days, 13 hours, 2 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 at 13:32 (GMT -5)

Am I right in assuming that once the 90 day limit has passed, it really doesn't matter how long the game takes beyond that, as long as I stay in non-corrupting areas for the most part?

I've got a couple of characters now who are not far away from making it to the ToEF, but they're around 80 days or so. So by the time I'm at the point where I'm ready to take the ToEF on, I'll be around 90.

Would there be any penalty for hitting the 90 day limit and just taking my sweet time, wandering around the wilderness and ID, getting enough water to bless all my stuff and loading up on wands, potions, rings, and amulets? Finally, taking on the ToEF when I damn well please?

I believe I've gotten PoCC's from the ID, too, which I'm sure I'll be needing.

I'm not concerned if my first win takes me 145 days as opposed to 97, as long as I win. But would that hurt me in other respects that I'm not aware of?
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4238 days, 13 hours, 9 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 at 13:41 (GMT -5)

You are correct, it won't matter. Basically corruption in corrupting areas doubles after day 90, but this is still manageable. If you stay in non-corrupting areas it won't make any difference at all. In very corrupting areas, like deeper than C40, it's best not to hang around too long though.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Worst Player... ever
Registered user

Last page view:

4691 days, 13 hours, 2 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 at 14:43 (GMT -5)

Thanks... the idea of winning this game seems a *lot* easier to me now that I'm not thinking in terms of having a time limit.

I don't have to be close a top level player if I can head back to the surface and get more equipment, exp, whenever I feel I need to. :)
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4067 days, 13 hours, 51 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 at 19:14 (GMT -5)

I have to say, among the many deaths I died, I never turned into a WMoPC. Strangely, my earliest were also ones under 90 days; lately I think I've been preparing myself more.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4238 days, 13 hours, 9 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 at 19:18 (GMT -5)

Back in my early ADOM days I turned into a purple jelly on D50 once, due to all the corrupting attacks. That was fun... I have never given a second thought to the 90 day limit - there's plenty of ways to deal with it when you know how, and extra preparation (ie scumming) makes a huge difference.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
gut
Registered user
Painted this one too.

Last page view:

4896 days, 15 hours, 26 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 at 20:47 (GMT -5)

One of my PC's turned into a writhing mass just about a month ago. A trollish druid who ran out of spells on D:50. Had to melee the balors, while
still at a low exp. level.
Put me in the 'fool filter', where I belong!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: