Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / "Bookshelves" dungeon message.

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Worst Player... ever
Registered user

Last page view:

4664 days, 21 hours, 5 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 at 11:16 (GMT -5)

Is a room where you get the message "The walls are lined with bookshelves that disappear" -1 St and +1 Le? Or something like that?

I've never noticed a change before, but today I happen to be carrying enough stuff to be right next to 'burdened', and I went burdened twice after going into 2 of these these rooms in the ID. I didn't really keep track of what my stats were before I hit the rooms, so I am making an assumption. :-/
Subconscious
Registered user
Adventurer of the Human Mind

Last page view:

5363 days, 20 hours, 26 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 at 13:04 (GMT -5)

Those are pretty annoying for fighter type characters but it can help casters with already-low strenght attribute since it's easily trainable.

Sometimes these rooms seem to appear everywhere, I remember one time when I stumbled upon one like third time.... losing 1 strenght point isnt bad but 3 hits hard.
"The white baby dragon equips the small shield." WTF :D
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4211 days, 21 hours, 13 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 at 14:30 (GMT -5)

Just -1 St, no Le bonus. Very annoying when exploring the ID.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/16/2008 at 15:10 (GMT -5) by Darren Grey]
Subconscious
Registered user
Adventurer of the Human Mind

Last page view:

5363 days, 20 hours, 26 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 at 15:00 (GMT -5)

Sorry, now you are wrong. It's + 1Le also.
"The white baby dragon equips the small shield." WTF :D
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 at 15:11 (GMT -5)

Oh? Hmm, should pay more attention...
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

5822 days, 23 hours, 39 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 at 18:42 (GMT -5)

It's weird I get it sometimes : "The walls of this room are made of many small stones of uniform height; they almost look like shelves of books."

And sometimes was happy of the +1 Le but never noticed the -1 St.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 at 19:03 (GMT -5)

That's not the same message - that room effect improves book reading. The stat-altering effect is something like "The walls are covered by images of bookshelves and comfortable chairs. Suddenly the images disappear!"
Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

5822 days, 23 hours, 39 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 at 19:50 (GMT -5)

Ha yes the one I quoted is a persistent message, still weird I never noticed the -1 st!
Worst Player... ever
Registered user

Last page view:

4664 days, 21 hours, 5 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 at 20:34 (GMT -5)

I guess it works out since St is much easier to train unless you're a troll. I have a human monk and I'm at the CoC levels where I'm encountering a lot of Hill Giants and stuff like that, so I'll get it back. I hit my 2 right after picking up the 'very light' corruption, so I have a very different looking character than I had before.

I must have encountered dozens of those rooms during my games of ADOM and I never noticed it. I only picked it up now because I wasn't carrying the Si and my burdened status changed.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/16/2008 at 20:34 (GMT -5) by Worst Player... ever]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: