Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Fun, meh

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jack
Registered user

Last page view:

7811 days, 10 hours, 34 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2002 at 12:19 (GMT -5)

Guess wat, got a L15 barbarian character going to the underwater cave. Wait, he got a figurerine of bugbear. wat i do, it was uncursed, hence fun. I use it in the underwater cave and that bear just "Suffocated",........thud, dead. Hahaa.

Next time, i find more figurine of those useless creatures, i am going to suffocate all of them in the UW cave! Wowohhhhh..

know it;s cruel, but it's just a game. [u must be asking wat if it's in real life]
Well, i will not do that of course! suffocate people, just imagine the pain and misery. [But like wat i said, it's just a game]
" Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." -Albert Einstein
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3748 days, 19 hours, 39 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2002 at 12:49 (GMT -5)

Did you see the post about pit vipers in the ToEF?--if you had activated your figurine there, what would have happened?
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Jack
Registered user

Last page view:

7811 days, 10 hours, 34 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2002 at 03:31 (GMT -5)

Mmmm, not too sure, think will responded as
-The bugbear suddenly panic as it's fur is started to burn. Hahhaaah
-or the bugbear suddenly collapse and its body burn into ash.
" Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." -Albert Einstein
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3748 days, 19 hours, 39 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2002 at 15:19 (GMT -5)

My theory, with what happened to the pit vipers (nothing), is that the bugbear wouldn't even take damage. There is probably a difference between monsters brought into the ToEF and monsters generated there. Maybe I should stop speculating and just try it?
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 10 hours, 57 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2002 at 19:17 (GMT -5)

Maybe the pit wipers are just a special case (to make snake pit traps "usefull" in the ToEF)...

I just find it hard to believe that ANY monster generated in the ToEF gain fire imunity. They probably just have a special flag that makes them invulnerable to the background heat of the tower (i.e. a fire bolt would still kill them).

Companions brought into the tower do take dammage so there is code handeling non-resistant monsters in the tower.

IMHO the viper situation is either due to a special case to make sure put traps are equaly nasty inside the tower, or there is a bug in the way the traps summon the vipers that cause them to somhow bypass the "heat check" or something like that...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7770 days, 8 hours, 57 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 at 10:20 (GMT -5)

Yup Jan is right.A hill giant was generated in the ToEF.He died quite soon.Dont remember the exact message.On my was back I found the corpse cooked too.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

7644 days, 6 hours, 59 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2002 at 00:52 (GMT -5)

lol...

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: