Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / The Strange Trees and SoFS

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jack
Registered user

Last page view:

7817 days, 14 hours, 6 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2002 at 07:00 (GMT -5)

Did anybody noticed that those trees in terinyo near the druid cannot be chopped down? I try this b4 and the druid shouted, stop chopping that tree! [if i remember rightly] Is there any secret behind those strange trees around the druid?

Wat's the consequences, don't ask me. I don't know about it. He shouted me to stop and i just stop hacking it down.

Btw, anybody ever got a dragon as a companion?
" Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." -Albert Einstein
Jack
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 04, 2002 at 07:07 (GMT -5)

Dragons and their attack, defense power and etc. Imagine one getting a great karmics wyrm! He will just sit back and see it slaughtering evils.
hehe
" Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." -Albert Einstein

Are dragons good companions?
Yes  No
Check results

Craig
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2002 at 08:53 (GMT -5)

DId you know you can't wish for 'figurines of wondrous power'

The genie laughs at you then disappears.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3754 days, 23 hours, 11 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2002 at 13:47 (GMT -5)

I think Dragons would be slightly annoying because their breath attacks would destroy anything on the ground way too often. Still, if you could live with that they could be pretty cool.

About the trees in Terinyo-- if the sherriff or the Druid can't see you, they don't care. You can chop down trees to your heart's content if you're out of their line of sight.
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/4/2002 at 13:48 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Jack
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 at 00:05 (GMT -5)

Wowohh, i am going to chop down those trees! Wait till he wakes up and find himself in a grassy desert! Haha.
Jack
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 at 00:08 (GMT -5)

Oh ya, forgot that. Breath weapons.

Maybe, Craig u should try to wish for figurines of great karmics wyrm!
Jack
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 at 00:09 (GMT -5)

Oh ya, forgot that. Breath weapons. thanks, iridia

Maybe, Craig u should try to wish for figurines of great karmics wyrm!
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5829 days, 3 hours, 18 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 at 00:21 (GMT -5)

I had an ancient blue dragon companion... though beaut and took it to darkforge - it died. Dropped it's loot, about their all good for really.

A good companion is a shadow wyrm - summons shadows, when eaten +1 toughnes (good for chaotics anyway).

Oh and you can chop down those trees as long as he can't see you. There's no advantage to it tho, their just trees. If you continue chopping the druid or the sheriff (whoever told you off) will become hostile.

Oh and you can wish for figurines of wonderous power, but it's gotta be wished as just "figurines". You can only wish for one, and only blessed ones become your companions.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/5/2002 at 00:26 (GMT -5) by Dougy]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5662 days, 2 hours, 31 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 at 01:07 (GMT -5)

hmm, if you attack Grunge, Munge or Hotzenplots w/in sight of the cloaked ratling, did you know he becomes hostile?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 at 01:47 (GMT -5)

Yes. It's verrry annoying. I always take the ratling to Terinyo. (There's a clue about doing that in the ratling's description.)
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 days, 9 hours, 49 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 at 21:59 (GMT -5)

I got a black dragon as a companion once. She was quite handy to have around, she was even smart enough to not accidentaly hit be with her acid breath (or I was just very lucky)...

I think that character died in the gremlin caves. This was back before the monsters-you-kill-a-lot-of-become-more-powerfull feature was toned down, so after slaying some 3.000 gremlins they just tore me apart (in the end it took 3-4 turns to kill a gremlin no matter what the dragon or I did, wich is not a good thing when there are 3 water traps in the room).

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 at 22:55 (GMT -5)

Wands of door creation, combined with Teleport, work wonderfully for a situation like this, if you can recharge the wands. Create a "corral" of locked doors around the entrance, then teleport into it and go up when the monsters get too tough for you. Also works for the Animated Forest and the Small Cave.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
BonghBaya
Registered user

Last page view:

7896 days, 7 hours, 59 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2002 at 06:40 (GMT -5)

i needed the dagger from the assassin prince while lawful and as he wasnt hostile, i had to get somebody to slay him. i already got the other dagger so i was pretty desperate... i used my only wish for ?oFS and red them in DH2. by the time i got back to ??? my ancient white dragon and great karmic wyrm companions had levelled up so that it took only one lightning bolt from the wyrm to finish the assassin prince. max damage was ~500 in a round according to the monster memory.

btw i was surprised how rangers (this was drakish male) actually kick ass with the twin daggers... i did the dragon caves before air or earth temples and by the time i entered D50 i was only level 32!

mYh34Df E3L5liK3aFRiSb3e
Jack
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2002 at 10:26 (GMT -5)

As for the rattling in the outlaw village, i always kill him. He always attack ppl who attack hotzenplotz and his gang. Therefore, no mercy provided unless he stops that.

Guess u guys are really lucky! got dragons as companions, i got once [a white dragon] [extremely experienced in the SMC]. Got killed by the annoying punching-amours bugs.

Greater fire elementals just kinda weak though. Got 2 of them in D50 [through the SoFS], got killed by the primal of chaos.Da** :( :< [thinking of it makes me sad]
RossMan4Life
Registered user
Crazy Breakdancing Robot

Last page view:

7947 days, 22 hours, 48 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2002 at 00:45 (GMT -5)

I have done quite a bit of familiar summoning, and I have gotten many different companions. My favorite was (my named) quickling king, Slim Jimmy. He was great because I had done some serious scumming in the quickling tree, and exited with 400+ speed. Sure the greater dragons and the like (molochs are great companions) do insta-kills, but I haven't got the time to wait for those bums. On a sad note, Slim Jimmy turned hostile (as did his 3 or 4 successors) when he felt he got too powerful. He was terminated with extreme prejudice.

Oh the joy that has been brought to us by the mystical drink known simply as "Kool-Aid."
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6968 days, 8 hours, 5 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2002 at 03:58 (GMT -5)

Once I had three SoFS and read them in DH:2. Got an Earth Elemental, a Greater Fire Elemental an a Writhing Mass of Primal Chaos (I wonder if I've written it correctly). I already had this damn random teleporting stuff from the pool. when I was teleported away, I got the message "You feel a change of mind close to you" (or sth like that can't remember this exactly) and when I returned the Writhing Mass was no more. The same thing happened few levels lower in the graveyard. This time the Earth Elemental was gone, and the G Fire Elemental was slightly damaged. Finally I got telepoted again, and used Fire Bolt on an undead that attacked me, and the bolt striked my elemental too. Fire didn't harm it of course, but it became hostile and I had to Frost Bolt it :(((
A pity I hoped to get far with my both elementals.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5662 days, 2 hours, 31 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2002 at 04:11 (GMT -5)

hehe, i think your GFE didn't like your other friends.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7776 days, 12 hours, 29 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2002 at 07:21 (GMT -5)

Theres a fortune cookie message that warns you aout that.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6968 days, 8 hours, 5 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2002 at 07:28 (GMT -5)

It was only a bit jealous I think. I hoped that with some help from my two Elementals I'll manage to get quite far in the game (GFE would be quite useful in ToEF) but unfortunately they both died and my hero followed them soon, just like about five hundred heroes I had before :((
Portrait
SkidiWili
Registered user
Grand Inquisitor

Last page view:

8098 days, 14 hours, 20 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 at 04:10 (GMT -5)

I once had a moloch as a companion for a 20 level character. SoFS really do wonders when used in dwarven halls... Of course the moloch was neat and it actually killed one hostile moloch as well. Shame that they are so slow and when in combat it would kill everything. So I left it there. That char was a normal winner and I took the moloch with me when I left Drakolar Chain. King's gotta have royal pets.
Craig
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 at 06:05 (GMT -5)

Hmmm played about with SoFS in Blups Mums cave, thinking I would get a dragon turtle or something.

The first scroll got me a Water Grue, the second got me a Quickling king - that promptly Paniced and drowned, the final one got me a Moloch, that managed to survive the drowning.

I wonder if you get a shark it will "drown" when out of water?

I didn't go to the hall of the kings, but I wonder if the water grue would be able to swim across the piranha lake?
Jack
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 at 14:34 (GMT -5)

Hmmm, a shark out of water. Guess u like shark fins? Yummy!

Recently discovery:
-Dragons won't drown at all. GOt a red dragon, a white dragon from the SMC. Brought to the underwater Cave, didn;t drown at all.

Jack
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 at 14:35 (GMT -5)

Oh yes, black and blue dragons. I am not too sure about them in the case of drowning.

Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5829 days, 3 hours, 18 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 at 16:48 (GMT -5)

Generally if you wish for a water breathing monster out of water "A tiny red herring appears for a few seconds..." is the message generated. However you can still wish for giant dragon turtles which can breathe air.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Jedik
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 at 17:50 (GMT -5)

Once I got a nice companion after reading 5 SoD i 1 SoFS in DH:2. Emperor Lich. But he was very slow and I left him somewhere in CoC.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: