Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Training Willpower

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

FantomFang
Registered user

Last page view:

5797 days, 3 hours, 6 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 18:26 (GMT -5)

Just kind of wondering here, according to the guidebook, there is no known way to train willpower naturally, is that out of date? Because i was playing my newly created Gnome Wizard, and had been mostly using spells since i started (MM from the start, just got Burning Hands). About 30 minutes since i started the character, i got the "Your will is inflexible" message, and my Wi went up from 12 to 13. What's up with that? (I gotta say btw, good book drops at start...I got slow poision RIGHT BEFORE getting poisoned, and found an invisibility tome right off the bat)
Going for 2nd win
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4237 days, 16 hours, 36 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 19:42 (GMT -5)

Random stat changes can happen, especially if your stats are fairly low (12 is quite low for a gnomish wizard). However there is still no known activity that regularly trains willpower (other tha eating morgia up to a certain limit). It's very rare to see any sort of rise in willpower outside of this.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4147 days, 21 hours, 53 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 22:54 (GMT -5)

there are certain activitiesz which roll checks against willpower - casting while confused/stunned, kicking while blind...
These are supossed to help train Wi. At very least my Zen Monks regularly got few Wi increases from kicking alone.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
FantomFang
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 23:57 (GMT -5)

Ah i see, the confusion thing would make sense, as I drank from a pool (i think it was a pool), which gave me permanent confusion. I bumbled about in that general area for awhile, killing one monster through physical attacks, and then managing to get a couple spells through, killing the rest of my attackers...it was only after this that i realized i could pray to rid myself of it. It was later on that same dungeon level that Wi went up.

So confusion casting seems to be the cause, i would guess.
Going for 2nd win
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4237 days, 16 hours, 36 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 03:40 (GMT -5)

How very interesting... Hard to make use of in a normal game though.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Jhonka
Registered user
Kickass player

Last page view:

5354 days, 16 hours, 36 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 09:53 (GMT -5)

spider factory, big room, ibm guild manual...
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5662 days, 11 hours, 30 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 10:43 (GMT -5)

Good thinking Jhonka! An actual use for the ibm guild manual, wow, never thought it could be used for anything
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

5848 days, 19 hours, 3 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 14:42 (GMT -5)

So you read the manual, get confused forever then try cast spells a lot then pray to stop confuse state? If that's that simple!! :-)
FantomFang
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 16:27 (GMT -5)

Wait, it was the IBM guild manual, doh, not a pool! I couldn't remember, and never having problems reading UnID'd books before (knows to avoid tracts) i read it, and then got confused. Doh.

Do you have to have a certain learning/willpower score to read those things or something?
Going for 2nd win
vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

4955 days, 7 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2008 at 03:50 (GMT -5)

AFAIK, the IBM manual ALWAYS confuses you, no matter what your stats.
Don't try to read the weird tomb anywhere dangerous either.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: