Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / ToEF & fire immunity...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

7644 days, 5 hours, 3 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2002 at 00:54 (GMT -5)

I just noticed: you don't have to be fire *immune* to receive "You resisit the searing flames" message... just eat (ancient) fire dragon corpse (of fire drake) to gain lvl 3 fire immunity, and wear two items that grant resist to fire (like elemental gauntlets & RoFS)... and voila! the background fire in ToEF doesn't hurt you anymore...

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

Jack
Registered user

Last page view:

7811 days, 8 hours, 38 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2002 at 01:08 (GMT -5)

wat abt IoR, then your equipment will be destroyed. Though bless fireproof will do that, but they can still be damage beyong repair.
" Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." -Albert Einstein
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5822 days, 21 hours, 49 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2002 at 01:18 (GMT -5)

Elemental Gauntlets, RotHK and Rolfs Companion are all guaranteed artifacts that grant fire resistance.

fire bug/fire lizard corpses aren't exactly rare, as with rings of fire resistance.

And also the first levels of the tower of eternal flames does less fire damage then the top. Thus there's plenty of time for a PC to get fire reisistance from a corpse.

Red dragon scale mail is common in darkforge. Ring of immunity and natures companion can be pre-crowning and random artifacts, graning immunity to fire.

And there's always the water orb, which fully heals when used, and spenseweeds for those who don't like the corruption.

Considering the very little amount of time spent in that area, the background damage and corruption is somewhat insignificant.

The worst thing i can think of doing is wearing the crown of science. Dooming makes fireproof blankets and rings of ice not work, and the monsters there do remarkably more damage. The energy bolts that the ACW shoots do significant damage and probably pose the greatest threat in the tower (IMO, assuming you don't stand on the altar). Doom and curse makes them hit more often with a lot more damage.

With all these possiblities it somewhat saddens me when ppl use a wish on fire immunity granting items.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5655 days, 21 hours, 2 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2002 at 01:40 (GMT -5)

hmm... i wonder how much damage fire would deal you if you had Lvl 3 fire resistance (from corpse/pool/whatnot) + 2 RoFR + Elemental Gauntlets + Rolfs Companion + Crown of Fire... think we're up to immunity yet? *g* probably at that point you'd be effectivly immune to all fire damage, although you wouldn't get the intrinsic (it'd just say that fire resistance was enhanced by items).

ivan.sourceforge.net
BonghBaya
Registered user

Last page view:

7890 days, 2 hours, 31 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2002 at 05:55 (GMT -5)

dougy: sometimes the crown of science can be of great help... especially for drakelings. last game i had 0 blankets + 1 ring and lvl2 resistance, luckily i had the hammerhead so i just rushed in and hacked down the walls and slayed ACW while wearing the crown.

but its true that you can't afford to bother with those other clowns.

mYh34Df E3L5liK3aFRiSb3e

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: