Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Alignment hit from Kranach?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Covenant
Registered user
The Unbeliever

Last page view:

5454 days, 20 hours, 42 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 at 17:18 (GMT -5)

So I start up a Human Monk, do the usual stuff (head to Llawehtnieloh, kill a bandit, go to the SMC, get the blanket), then leave and start pacing the wilds looking for Kranach (I have to complete both the Kranach AND Puppy Cave (as the puppy lives) quests, bloody OCD). Managed to find him, but as time was short, I moved straight to the Puppy Cave after killing him. Managed to fight my way down there and rescue that dratted dog.

Upon returning to the village, my alignment was at N+. I assume this was from the dog running off to join the girl. But when I talked to the Sheriff to report Kranach's death... it turned to N=. Before I'd even picked up the gold he dropped.

Anyone got an explanation? I'm confused.
Knowledge is chimera, for beyond it ever lies other knowledge, and the incompleteness of what is known renders the knowing false.
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5759 days, 15 hours, 12 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 04:58 (GMT -5)

The alignment change for the Kranach quest is rather peculiar. I think it works like this:

• If you're lawful, you did the quest to uphold the law and so you become more lawful.
  • If you're neutral, you did it to even out the balance between good and evil and so your alignment is pulled towards neutrality.
  • If you're chaotic, you did it for the money and there is no change in your alignment.

Portrait
Maul
Registered user
[banned user]

Last page view:

4922 days, 10 hours, 3 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 09:16 (GMT -5)

...Really so? Interesting. Never knew it. Logical though.
1l= Y0(_) [4l\l R34[) 7l-l15, Y0(_) l\/l(_)57 83 PR377Y G00[).
Covenant
Registered user
The Unbeliever

Last page view:

5454 days, 20 hours, 42 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 10:57 (GMT -5)

Interesting, though IMHO it'd be more true to the alignments if Neutrals were to do it for the money, and Chaotics did it for the joy of killing. Thanks, though.
Knowledge is chimera, for beyond it ever lies other knowledge, and the incompleteness of what is known renders the knowing false.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: