Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / A little question

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Dunkel
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2008 at 22:50 (GMT -5)

Might be a stupid one but does the PC level modifies the power of the item generated in darkforge and water dragon cave? Like a level 40 pc going there for the first time will generate better stuff than a lvl 10 PC?
head2
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2008 at 22:55 (GMT -5)

Nope, it's the "danger-level" of the place that matters, you can go to the darkforge at level 1 and pick up dragon-scale mails for example.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4211 days, 5 hours, 19 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2008 at 22:57 (GMT -5)

Not really. There is one small affect, and that is ego modifiers. Stuff like armour of life, or murderous spears are more likely for higher level characters. The chance is about 7% per item for a L1 char, and 13% for a L50 char. Not really big enough to sway you to hold off on visiting an area (especially since many ego modifiers aren't that great anyway). The chance of finding something eternium or whatever is the same regardless of level - you can raid DarkForge at L1 and get some awesome items.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
head2
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2008 at 23:01 (GMT -5)

Oh yeah, i totally forgot about the magic prefixes and suffixes.
Chambza
Registered user

Last page view:

5685 days, 2 hours, 46 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 at 06:56 (GMT -5)

Didn't find a suitable topic with a quick search so I suppose this one will do.

What is the danger level requirement for a PoCC? Is there a list of these anywhere?

I've got about dozen wands of monster creation, 4 giant boar skulls and 6 scrolls of danger, but that darn potion keeps avoiding me. I also don't have Food Preservation so getting to the druid in time seems a bit tough. Maybe with a lucky black unicorn encounter, but I'd rather take my chances in the ID for a while still...
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4211 days, 5 hours, 19 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 at 13:31 (GMT -5)

Getting the right corpse is really your best bet - don't you have any fireball or fire wands to cook them with? Or holy water to keep them uncursed? Remember also that you must not be chaotic to get the reward.

Otherwise PoCC is quite a rare item, but it's only danger level 2 meaning you can find it on ID6 or lower.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Chambza
Registered user

Last page view:

5685 days, 2 hours, 46 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 at 14:41 (GMT -5)

Hadn't thought about cooking, how dumb of me, thank you! Had thought about holy water, but unfortunately at the moment I'm kinda running low on my holy water reserves. I thought I had everything I need for the old crone (except for the farmer corpse which has at least previously been surprisingly easy to get, even without food preservation) so being chaotic was supposed to be just a quick "slip" in my morality, after which I'd quickly return back to N= and get crowned. Forgot about the PoCC, I guess I got carried away by getting the SoD and giant boar skull around level 10 (along with an AoLS btw).

Anyway, it would be "cooler" not to get too acquainted with the chaotic god, which basically means I'm not getting much holy water right now. Unless I let my morals slip a little more.

But still I guess I have to continue in the ID. Am not confident enough to go to ToEF quite yet, and sadly the two corpses that would've got me the bloody bottle have long since rotten away. Unless somebody here thinks that running around in the wilderness looking for a black unicorn with a lvl 20 character is sensible.
Portrait
gut
Registered user
Painted this one too.

Last page view:

4869 days, 7 hours, 35 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 at 18:48 (GMT -5)

I don't know what kind of a PC you have going,
but there probably isn't much reason to shy away
from the ToEF. There are only a few things you
really need for a victory there, even fireproof
blankets aren't needed. You can search through
some threads here, and maybe find a few options
to increase your chances in there. I think you
only really need some -fire, a wand of stunning,
a wand of digging, the Water Orb, and some decent
offense.
Put me in the 'fool filter', where I belong!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: