Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / blupplubblubblub

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

BonghBaya
Registered user

Last page view:

7896 days, 11 hours, 49 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2002 at 06:07 (GMT -5)

there seems to be an experience limit for the rune-covered trident also...

i'm a trollish assassin born in raven and told blup about the cave @ level 8. i waited quite a while and as nothing seemed to happen i revisited the watercave, and still nothing. i'm at level 10 now so it's pretty interesting to see when it'll show up.

mYh34Df E3L5liK3aFRiSb3e
Jack
Registered user

Last page view:

7817 days, 17 hours, 56 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2002 at 00:54 (GMT -5)

Well u see, it does not depend on level but the time in ADOM. Born in the mth of raven, u will probably get it in a month's time, am i right? Forgot wat they all said, maybe u should look through the rest of the meesages abt rune-Cov trident on this forum.
" Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." -Albert Einstein
I Am The Night
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2002 at 01:01 (GMT -5)

Well I thought that too, but i have a lvl 50 fighter who wasn't born in the month of the Raven who went and did the Blup quest AFTER completing the game. He got the trident in a matter of days, like one or two. Dunno, but I thought I never was gonna get it. It showed up like 2 wilderness encounters later, and I am wearing blessed 7LB.
Portrait
Akron
Registered user
Alcoholic

Last page view:

8073 days, 17 hours, 16 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2002 at 04:09 (GMT -5)

I'm currently playing L32 Dwarven Farmer and I've also told Blup about the underwater cave. This was back when I was on L25 or something. Now I've been hunting AoLS in the wilderness for about 200 days and haven't seen rune-covered trident yet. There is somekind of experience level requirement and maybe Raven starsign reduces that requirement.

And doesn't the greater water dragon say that you get the gift once you are strong enough to take care of it?

"Cruel Akron, bloody bastard I now spit on you. You can turn my bones to black ash but I will move the moon. I will light your evil kingdom and your heart will burn in flames. Mutilated or dismembered, we'll soon rise to eat your brains! -Warrior of Ice"

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/8/2002 at 04:12 (GMT -5) by Akron]
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5829 days, 7 hours, 7 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2002 at 08:15 (GMT -5)

I've been experimenting with this and it's a real tricky one.

I took a char with no experiance to her and talked to blup. Ran around wasting time but not killing anything but no trident. Thus indicating the trigger is experiance based.

However i did the same thing then death rayed an ancient karmic wyrm, and still no trident. So i cruise over to the CoC and kill some goblins and stuffs, then the elemental comes out. Seeming to indicate some sort of, number of kill, basis, or theres a certain amount of game turns after the experiance requirements are met.

Born in the raven definately does have enormous advantage, she'd put out about 50 turns later sometimes, regardless of time. Considering it's a mini-ToRR it's pretty powerful, and being born in the raven is a great start to any char!

Being born outside the raven is somewhat of a drag waiting for the RCT, being so extensive it's barely worth considering.

Whatever it's based upon the rune-covered trident will be delivered rather swiftly indeed for those born in the raven, just continue the game and it'll come.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: