Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / haha

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Hallowed
Registered user

Last page view:

5109 days, 21 hours, 5 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 at 20:41 (GMT -5)

The dark orc decides to fight to the death in a blind rage! The dark orc attacks the dark orc. The dark orc is killed! The dark orc suddenly looks more powerful.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4061 days, 14 hours, 42 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 11:21 (GMT -5)

A hilarious bug, to be sure. Known for some time. Wonder if it'll get fixed for good?
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Timpen
Registered user
za za zaa za zaa

Last page view:

5764 days, 15 hours, 39 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 18:47 (GMT -5)

My last winner had quite a bunch of those situations. One mimic hivemind paralyzed itself, one doppleganger looked like itself and got confused and finally a threat room of gibbering mouthers that 2-3 got into blind rage and started confusing all their friends and themselves so the room almost wiped itself out.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Portrait
gut
Registered user
Painted this one too.

Last page view:

4890 days, 16 hours, 17 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 20:09 (GMT -5)

On a similar note, I recently discovered a funny
thing about confusion and dopplegangers. If you
are confused by a doppleganger, you can apply the
ventriloquism skill, to confuse him right back.

How is it, that a PC is supposed to be able to
perform a task as complicated as ventriloquism,
if they aren't even able to drink something? It
may be a bug, but it's fun.

"The doppleganger looks like you, you are confused"

"Dababado" "The doppleganger seems to be confused"

Put me in the 'fool filter', where I belong!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/24/2008 at 20:10 (GMT -5) by gut]
vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

4949 days, 21 hours, 31 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 09:15 (GMT -5)

In my feeble limited turn attempts, I tend to do the Kranach and Hotzy quests, then kill the head of the Thieves Guild, so I can do some black market shopping. Usually my PC will be level 6 by then, and has killed around 20 monsters, so my bolt spell usually sucks - I find the master thief goes into a blind range about 60% of the time, and when he does, seems to have about a 1/3 chance of killing himself.

I find not being head of the Thieves Guild 20% of the time annoying. Grr.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4232 days, 14 hours and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 12:04 (GMT -5)

Does he become head of the thieves guild if he kills himself...?
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

4949 days, 21 hours, 31 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 at 02:42 (GMT -5)

Well presumably he remains HotTG, taking his legacy to the grave.
I also like how the thief classes pickpocketing as an attack - with a magic missile at level 1/2, it can sometimes take 6 bolts to bring him down, and yet half the time instead of attacking he will repeatedly pick my pockets instead - not very useful for the poor guy when I am killing him before Kranach for the XP.

Another thing I've noticed, not just with the theif, is that monsters who blind rage themselves always seem to increase in power after their death, as if they were just below the xp requirement for their next level, and their ghosts are rewarded accordingly.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 at 13:38 (GMT -5)

Most monsters are generated level 1 and it only takes one kill to bring them up a level. NPCs level up very quickly.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Kingsdragon
Registered user
You smelt it you dealt it!

Last page view:

5763 days, 20 hours, 41 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 21:18 (GMT -5)

I found a weird bug, I don't remember EXACTLY how it went but it was somthing like this
"You slightly damage Master Thief"
"Master thief decides to fight to death in a blind rage, master thief hits master thief (skip some combat here), master thief kills master thief!, master thief suddenly looks more powerful, master thief is now head of the thief's guild"
But he wasn't there after he killed him self...
Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife XD
Sulangatori
Registered user
Tourist

Last page view:

1434 days, 19 hours, 25 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2008 at 04:20 (GMT -5)

When I took my pet to the water dragon's cave it started suffocating, so it attacked itself, then right before it died it said: 'the dire wolf glares at the dire wolf in a very strange manner'.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2008 at 07:15 (GMT -5)

That's the message you get when you order one pet to attack another of your pets. They don't fight, but one gives the other a mean glare. Quite odd...
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5134 days, 19 hours, 55 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 at 09:26 (GMT -5)

I've seen "Bob, the greater earth elemental throws a huge rock at a ghost lord. The huge rock hits Bill, the greater earth elemental. Bill, the greater earth elemental glares at Bob, the greater earth elemental in a very strange manner" on D:50. Line of fire can be a sad and beautiful thing.
Sulangatori
Registered user
Tourist

Last page view:

1434 days, 19 hours, 25 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 at 10:40 (GMT -5)

I have the strangest urge of wanting to know more about Bob and Bill...

I can picture them standing together fighting the last epic battle against evil. Two towering mountains that yell and scream and throw enormous rocks all around. When Bob hits Bill with a huge rock everything suddenly goes quiet. Even the ghost lords look nervously to the ground and try to seem busy doing something else. Bill's motions, which, up until this moment, have been a frantic display of ferocity, are suddenly completely frozen. He slowly turns and glares at Bob in a very strange manner. However, it is not as strange as some would want it to be. It is a glare whose only meaning could be "what the hell?"

Bob, on the other hand, who does not share the emotional range of his brother, has not stopped throwing rocks, and can only return the glare with a slight nod towards the pack of balors that have just appeared and have started measuring Bill's neck to see whether or not they have to go get bigger scythes.
THC842
Registered user

Last page view:

4479 days, 13 hours, 36 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 at 00:09 (GMT -5)

Very nice, very nice. I am mailing you a nickel.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: