Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Black torc effect

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3755 days, 4 hours, 37 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2002 at 02:47 (GMT -5)

Had a lev. 9 char, a neutral high elven elementalist. Sacced the black torc on a neutral altar. Alignment went to L-. Why?
Die Gedanken sind Frei

Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2002 at 06:03 (GMT -5)

Black torc=chaotic? Saccing it=lawful?
I Am The Night
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2002 at 11:32 (GMT -5)

If you sac something on an altar thats not of your alignment, and the altar doesnt change to your alignment after you make the sac (say like you dont sac enough gp, or an item thats = to a certain amount of gp) then instead of the altar changing to your alignment, your alignment will change towards the altars alignment, I believe.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3755 days, 4 hours, 37 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2002 at 12:56 (GMT -5)

It would make sense--only the altar I was at was neutral! Maybe the black torc *is* chaotic?
Die Gedanken sind Frei
I Am The Night
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2002 at 16:04 (GMT -5)

Well when you sac anything at an altar (thats not the same align as yours) and its not enough to convert the altar to your alignment your alignment gets drawn towards the alignment of the altar. So you went from L or L+ to L- because its closer to N.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3755 days, 4 hours, 37 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2002 at 22:32 (GMT -5)

Nonono! I was neutral. As in, N=, when I sacced the torc on a neutral altar. That's what's confusing me!
Die Gedanken sind Frei
I Am The Night
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2002 at 00:37 (GMT -5)

Ahhhhhh :P Didn't know you were N=. Yeah, thats weird. Maybe it is 'evil,' and saccing it is a L act. I guess then that would mean saccing it would give you a message about being L if you had the Law skill, and that maybe saccing all 'essence of chaos,' autocursing stuff might do that. Dunno though, I dont know enough about all these 'small' things in the game yet to tell ya either way :P
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7776 days, 17 hours, 55 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2002 at 00:58 (GMT -5)

Thats weird really weird.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Jack
Registered user

Last page view:

7817 days, 19 hours, 33 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2002 at 04:23 (GMT -5)

I have sacf the shield of raw steel b4 on a chaotic altar and it was however being taken by the Lawful god.

Then, got another character which was a paladin and when i sacf that black torc, the law skill i have told me "u seems to be behaving in a right form". So i guess probably that the black torc is chaotic artifact and when u sac on a neutral altar, it will be taken by the L+ god. That;s wat i guess. I have never succeed in any neutral char, therefore my conclusion may not be right. So don't exactly believe the phase ["So i guess probably that the black torc is chaotic artifact and when u sac on a neutral altar, it will be taken by the L+ god."]
" Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." -Albert Einstein
Jack
Registered user

Last page view:

7817 days, 19 hours, 33 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2002 at 04:26 (GMT -5)

But i just strongly believe that the black torc is a Chaotic artifact due to the experience with a L+ dwarven paladin,
" Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." -Albert Einstein
Gyr Returned
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2002 at 01:16 (GMT -5)

Hmm...perhaps your alignment was N= but still slightly more chaotic than lawful? Saccing artifacts has a BIG effect on alignment at that lvl...maybe it's just overcompensation?

Easy way to get extreme alignments: Sac a newly obtained (worthless) pre-crowning gift. Will ruin your piety, but still likely take you to extreme alignment if your lvl is sufficiently low.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5662 days, 7 hours, 57 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2002 at 01:27 (GMT -5)

IIRC you can't get to L+/C- by saccing alone.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Gyr Returned
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2002 at 17:11 (GMT -5)

You can by saccing artifacts at least.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: