Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Cat lord speed

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

4893 days, 11 hours, 30 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2008 at 22:53 (GMT -5)

Just a question. Why is the Cat Lord's speed listed as ~148 when he can outrun my PC with a speed of 139 and wearing SLBs? He's running away panicked, does that affect his speed/movement energy?
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Portrait
gut
Registered user
Painted this one too.

Last page view:

4892 days, 48 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 at 00:05 (GMT -5)

I believe he has insanely low energy costs for
movement.
Put me in the 'fool filter', where I belong!
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4233 days, 22 hours, 31 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 at 03:28 (GMT -5)

He walks as if wearing SLBs himself. Also monsters do get the same energy cost reduction as PCs get when running away on low health, meaning panicking monsters are often able to outrun the PC. Generally shooting a missile at them makes them immediately turn back round on you. You can play a fun game of chasies this way - get the monster panicking, let it go a certain number of spaces, then shoot at it. Now you run as it chases, until it panicks again and you let it get some distance before shooting again. Keep doing that and you basically get lots of free shots without the enemy ever coming into melee range. Works with bolt spells too.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
THC842
Registered user

Last page view:

4480 days, 22 hours, 7 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 at 23:49 (GMT -5)

Does anyone know if there is a thread that has a formula that breaks down how the number of cats killed increases the strength of the lord. If there is not I will start one and let's see if we can create a formula.
DeSt
Registered user

Last page view:

5609 days, 14 hours, 58 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 at 09:56 (GMT -5)

"Improved" Guidebook:
He gains 10 HP for each cat killed, and 1 level for each 25 cats killed, but max level 20.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4062 days, 23 hours, 13 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 at 10:00 (GMT -5)

So after I've killed 500 cats, I can kill as many as I want and he'll only get more HP?

(Wait - 500 cats mean 5000 extra HP already... Hoo boy)
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4144 days, 3 hours, 48 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 at 10:07 (GMT -5)

i've heard killing too many cats can flip back (overflow)cat lord back to weak state
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4233 days, 22 hours, 31 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 at 12:57 (GMT -5)

What I've heard is that his experience reward is flipped round to 1 xp after around 300 kills, not that he gets any weaker.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Xanthine
Registered user
Pallypants Extraordinaire

Last page view:

5764 days, 9 hours, 4 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2008 at 00:51 (GMT -5)

It sounds like you could eventually overflow his HP back to low values, but you would have to kill 2~32-1 / 10 cats to actually get that to happen, since you would have to get his HP to overflow over MAX_INT.

Interestingly enough, that might make killing him on a hacked game easier, since hacking and breaking the protection therein with the game's knowledge sets all monster HP to MAX_INT for you. Unless TB's thought of this already (I'm sure he has), you could hack the game, kill one cat, and then proceed to knock over the Cat Lord with whatever the hell you want.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: