Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Artifact generation...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
maddog
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 at 16:38 (GMT -5)

Of all vortices I find the lightning ones the most annoying. Why? Because there is NO RING and NO CORPSE. There is a resistance ring for all the others and they drop with a reasonably high frequency. Both Acid and Fire has very low depth corpses dropping resistance (ants and beetles).
However note that the danger level of mobs is not only determined by the DL of the level, but also your own level. Still - a vortex on UD:2 is likely OOD.
Portrait
Elraz
Registered user

Last page view:

5098 days, 5 hours, 57 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 05, 2008 at 05:05 (GMT -5)

Guardian vortex is always a problem. Even with one resistance, it can still hurt you for ~40 HP and therefore you should always use darkness.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4067 days, 13 hours, 48 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 05, 2008 at 09:02 (GMT -5)

Well, fat lot that helps if your PC went for an early UD dive and does not have any source of darkness whatsoever :)
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4598 days, 3 hours, 11 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 at 16:47 (GMT -5)

I find that the Dwarven Halls are more likely to have an artifact and a guardian. Maybe I'm just imagining it.
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG
Zombie_Punk
Registered user

Last page view:

5478 days, 6 hours, 43 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 28, 2008 at 08:27 (GMT -5)

I think you are. I've only had one surge of power in the Dwarven Halls. Every other one was elsewhere.

Two on the same level sounds interesting though. Closet I've had was one on one level and another on the level below.
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: