Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / pre/post crowning

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3754 days, 14 hours, 1 minute and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 at 02:36 (GMT -5)

Is there a limit to the number of pre/post crownings you can get?
Die Gedanken sind Frei
adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

8037 days, 5 hours, 43 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 at 04:28 (GMT -5)

not really, but if you want to play the game instead of hunting precrownings you should do it as early as possible. before getting the ankh and mummy rapping IMO.

you can get an artifact from your god at level 8 provided no other artifacts have been produced in the game (PC lvl 5 or SMC is perfect). for every artifact produced in the game, including ones from your god, add 3 levels to your current level to find out when you can get another one from your diety.

i've never gotten more than 3 at one time, it sounds like a really good idea until you're covered in them and you're hungry every other step it seems. i've noticed it takes about 50 low level monster sacrifices to make it to extremely close once. 100-150 for the second time. i've only got three once and it took too long to remember. without cheating substantially i doubt it's possible to get more than 4. the earlier the better though.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 at 05:38 (GMT -5)

Okay, I get it. If you don't do anything that generates an artifact, you can get a precrowning at level eight and every three levels thereafter. So theoretically, fourteen pre/post crownings are possible if you manage to reach level 50 without generating any artifacts.

Of course at lev. 17 the Pyramid (which generates two artifacts) closes; and the si is located before Dwarftown. And if you do the dwarven elder's quests you'll generate even more artifacts.

Hm. Maybe I'll just go for one or two pre/postcrownings and actually play the game instead of begging the gods for artifacts.
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/12/2002 at 05:39 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 at 11:47 (GMT -5)

remember that artifacts don't have to be in your possesion to add 3 more levels to your next precrowning. if you go to dark forge lvl 2, CoC ~4, gremlin caves or any place that guarantees an artifact to be produced it will count.

lvl 8 with 4 artifacts is lvl 20 if i'm not too stoned to count right.

iridia if you're going for an ultra ending make sure not to sac your 1st kill too many times.
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7897 days, 12 hours, 42 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 at 14:15 (GMT -5)

The absolute pre/post crowning gifts limit based on character level is 14. (8 + 3 * 14 = 50). And since you can't get a character level higher than 50... There's your limit. :) The theoretical limit that is. Who have patience enough to get 14 pre/post crowning gifts really? hehe

Locke Cole
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 at 15:19 (GMT -5)

It would be near-impossible. Just getting enough experience to get to the required levels, without going to any levels that contain artifacts, would be tough enough. Of the possible places you could go, only the ID would actually give you enough experience to get to level 50 without generating any artifacts. Corruption would naturally be a problem, besides which, the ID doesn't have any altars! (But if you hit lev. 66, does that mean the sceptre would be generated--or only if you actually killed the guardian? What about the top level of the ToEF and the fire orb?)

That would make for a pretty weird challenge game...
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7776 days, 3 hours, 19 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 at 23:46 (GMT -5)

Yup you cant go to the SIL,the top lvl of pyramid and blah blah.
Next thing you know therell be a challenge game to get as many artifacts as possible.

Goin to the SIL reminds me of ironman.Anyone ever gompleted it?

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 at 02:25 (GMT -5)

eternium is often better, i never use artifact armor unless i get nature's companion and i'm a wizard or something. i usually have 2 sets of gear, one for searching and then my maximum power settings with berserk and artifacts and stuff..

that'd make a good RFE, being able to save equipment configurations instead of having to search through your stuff every time. that's a real bother.
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7776 days, 3 hours, 19 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 at 13:24 (GMT -5)

Yup eterium is better.

That reminds me.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.

Do you think eterium man challenge game can be completed?
Yes  No
Check results

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 at 13:37 (GMT -5)

I think what needs to be RFE'd is sorting equipment within types, (in subtypes or by alphabetical order, instead of the order it was generated in). It's extremely annoying to go through your mile-long missile list with a lv. 50 archer, searching for those quarrels of undead slaying, with an emperor lich breathing down your neck. Or searching for a wand of trap creation while cornered by a cat. If the equipment were automatically sorted into subtypes it would be sooo helpful.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 days, 39 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 at 19:49 (GMT -5)

I'll second that Iridia. In "traditional" roguelike games things are kept in the order they are added to the inventory because you can use them by typing in their asigned letter without listing the inventory.

ADOM doesn't have that ability (you have to open the inventory listing every time), so having the inventory alfabeticaly sorted would be nice.

There is always a risk that Thomas might descide that it's more work than it's worth (depends on how the inventory is organized I suppose), but it can't hurt to suggest it IMHO.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: