Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / My first bard, lol.

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Krull
Registered user
Still victoryless?!

Last page view:

5656 days, 17 hours, 23 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 at 12:51 (GMT -5)

Well, after reading Darren's guide, it made me want to try out a bard for the first time. I have never tried one but man what an addictive class. Taming all the ants on PC2 and PC3(yep consecutive holes) was great fun. This bard was so promising too...altar on DD 3...2 2x2s of herbs for morgia/moss and stomafillias in a small enclosed room on PC4...and bam, not paying attention during a tension room of undead, mistake a grey z for a white z and para til death. :(
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3599 days, 6 hours, 39 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2008 at 07:52 (GMT -5)

Could you post a link to Darren's guide? Wasn't around when he posted it. Btw, bards are pretty cool, just won the game with a drakish bard yesterday. Really nice class, if you start with 7LB's and get Healing.
For the Horde!
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4239 days, 4 hours, 17 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2008 at 09:11 (GMT -5)

It's on the forums here:

http://adom.brinkster.net/forum/messages.asp?thread=5990&start=57841&page=1&tmp=58119

Still incomplete, but the only bit missing is the detailed pets section (which I may never build up enough willpower to do all the testing for).

Bards are indeed great fun, but you have to be really careful with them in the beginning. After a few levels and a bit of PV you'll be running fine. I recommend staying in VD1/2 until you're level 8 at least before proceeding with the rest of the game. Screw all the early quests - they'll just get you killed.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
moomoo
Registered user

Last page view:

5384 days, 9 hours, 12 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2008 at 11:30 (GMT -5)

I gotta say that bards are easily my favourite class, after the rough start its just a breeze through with lots and lots of luck.

The current bard i'm playing with seems to be able to grasp melee, missile and magic easily.. Just so smooth and easy time :)

About the guides, those are really great read. I get loads of inspiration and nice tips from these. Too bad people aren't too keen on writing them so I'm so very glad of the few around. Thanks
Portrait
Elraz
Registered user

Last page view:

5098 days, 21 hours, 8 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2008 at 15:15 (GMT -5)

I like bards too, but indeed, its all about luck
You can start with great skillset but you can
also find yourself with real crap. the same goes
for the class powers. I remember that my ultra winner bard only got bridge building from its class power, and the only useful spell I got was
farsight, which didnt help much.
Nevertheless, the randomness factor is what make
bards so much fun to play.
magellan
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 at 19:06 (GMT -5)

yeah, bards are fun because of the many situations you dont know what you get.
Incidently my last bard had a very fun misadventure: Library Ready down the rift he went and found himself after the fall with only one broken item: his climbingset :/ (I knew that could happen but was the first time it ever actually did)
Nowhere near enough money to pay the ratling master trader I heded further down regardless, hoping for a dragon or 2 to speed up the earning process. I found that darn ratling quareling with a warlord of his kind, I panicked, shot, and ... well trader sorta stood in the way ... -_-
Went up of course finding no climbing set in the rift, and decided to try in the High Kings dungeons cavernous levels, considering death by chaos piranhas should things get too frustrating.

And one of the critters there drops a Rods!Saved! well... not really only 2 potions of ordinary water on me, non of them holy. But there is an altea r in the Rift dungeon. So back there(did you know you dont need a climbing set to go down the rift? It just breaks a lot more stuff) fall, land, water potions break. :(
Died when a Berserker Emperor really misunderstood my question if he had a glass of water...
Portrait
Elraz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 at 06:05 (GMT -5)

The is always a climbing set in a hidden room on the SW corner of the library...
magellan
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 at 06:22 (GMT -5)

yes. and you cant get to the library without a climbing set. there are moutains in that small valley.
Portrait
Elraz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 at 08:29 (GMT -5)

oh, that`s right... well I guess you can aleays try milking dragons...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: