Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / swamp hydras

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5661 days, 21 hours, 23 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 at 03:14 (GMT -5)

can they be tamed?
that would make one hell of a companion (until you got goin fast that is). i've tried taming one b4 w/ a lvl 6 ??? bard w/ 95+ Music and a glockenspiel, started playing as soon as it came in view, got killed as soon as it got close. never even fazed the thing.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Jack
Registered user

Last page view:

7817 days, 8 hours, 59 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 at 13:51 (GMT -5)

If u can tame it, then u can also tame kirins, dorn beasts, wow!
Train to extremely exps and u will see its power, that's ultimate FURY! Well, i fight b4 extremely exps, therefore i know they are ultimate, difficult to kill as well.

But i tried b4 and to no avail.

" Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." -Albert Einstein
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 days, 4 hours, 42 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 at 22:18 (GMT -5)

Don't think you can tame those, not wich music anyway. They don't count as animals. IIRC these are the only ones you can tame (with music)

canines (d), felines(f), insects (i), rodents (r), bats (B), snakes (s), worms (w), spiders (S), centepides (c), lizards, (l), bees (b) and ants (a)

I might be wrong, I know there are a few exceptions (cat lord, were <foo>, ghost bats and shadow centepedes, ratlings and probably a few others can't be tamed even though they have one of the abowe symbols and giant boar, who fall into the same "group" as Hydras and Swamp Hydras, can be tamed), but I'm pretty sure Hydras can't be tamed by music.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/12/2002 at 22:20 (GMT -5) by Jan Erik]
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3754 days, 18 hours, 3 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 at 22:50 (GMT -5)

Figurines of wondrous power could generate a hydra.

Does anyone know what happens if you dip such a figurine into a !oEx?
Die Gedanken sind Frei
I Am The Night
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 at 01:15 (GMT -5)

Why does everyone refer to <whatever> with <foo>? I know what it means, and I guess I just figured TB said it somewhere (manual maybe? :P).
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5661 days, 21 hours, 23 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 at 01:42 (GMT -5)

i dunno either... does anyone? or is it just one of those things that just kinda happened and nobody knows where it came from?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5764 days, 14 hours, 54 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 at 04:13 (GMT -5)

"Foo" for "whatever" is very common hacker terminology (that's "hacker" as in someone who likes doing clever stuff with computers, not "hacker" as in someone who breaks into other people's computer systems, which is more properly referred to as "cracker"). It's been around a lot longer than ADOM.

You can find some discussion on where the word "foo" may have come from in the Jargon File, along with tons more info about hacker culture and terminology. Here are the links:

Jargon File Resources

The definition of "foo"

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: