Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / killing priest

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jhonka
Registered user
Kickass player

Last page view:

5350 days, 7 hours, 35 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 at 13:51 (GMT -5)

ok, i've let the quest demon kill almost everyone from the dwarftown including the priest. Can i convert the altar now that the priest is gone? BTW if priest is killed by the demon, everyone goes apeshit and tries to kill it and start wondering mindlessly all over the DT.
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4062 days, 8 hours, 18 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 at 18:20 (GMT -5)

Yes, you should be able to do whatever you want with the altar now. Keep in mind I haven't actually done what you're planning myself, I'm referencing what I believe I've heard.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
moomoo
Registered user

Last page view:

5378 days, 12 hours, 31 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 02:06 (GMT -5)

Btw Jhonka that's weird what you say about the demon killing the priest. If I let the shop-mimic kill priest no one does anything. Maybe that demon-apeshit-phenomena is somehow coded in. Or something.
ragface
Registered user

Last page view:

5539 days, 4 hours, 30 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 02:58 (GMT -5)

I've already killed the demon but was thinkin bout confusing(ventriqolism) the priest and get him killed that way(does the town go crazy on me then or does my piety get mad??) whats the best way to get rid of the priest after the demon is gone??

edit: got a werewolf lord to kill him.. just want to be sure if you can convert the altar, and wahts the best method?
Hitler is still alive, I made love to her

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/28/2008 at 03:35 (GMT -5) by ragface]
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4062 days, 8 hours, 18 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 05:12 (GMT -5)

The best method to convert an altar... It's probably with gold - large quantities of it. You can make a door to the temple and lock it in order to remain undisturbed at all times, then drop all your stuff except the gold in case of whole inventory cursing. Wear all-artifact equipment or completely expendable junk (clothes, hats and so on) in case of getting equipment turned to dust. That's about as safe as you can get, at least unless your piety is already "I'll summon stuff on you to kill you" bad, which normally never happens.
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4592 days, 21 hours, 41 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 20:27 (GMT -5)

my experience with coverting altars is that small amounts of gold sacrificed over and over again will bring your alignment towards that of the altar. If you sacrifice creatures, saccing one that is the same alignment as the altar (a bat on a neutral altar) will probably cause the altar to shift to your alignment (you get the message about the 2 gods quarreling for supremacy). Before that occurs, the patron god of the altar may try to destroy or curse your inventory, it may take a few tries.
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: