Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Shop Q

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Sulangatori
Registered user
Tourist

Last page view:

1414 days, 4 hours, 7 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 01:06 (GMT -5)

Shops are acting weird nowadays.

First, I had a shop generated a few levels beyond dwarftown. Problem was I couldn't find it. Had no magic mapping, so I kicked every square of the wall of the whole level. Nothing. No message. Then I started zapping wand of digging. On second wave a passage opened to a shop. Shopkeeper was right there to welcome me. Tried kicking every square beside the entrance as well, yet no message. Anyone else had this?

Secondly, a book-shop came into sight in passage to HMV, around level 8. Outside the shop a book lay. Picking it up and retreating one step I find myself surrounded by thugs. Noticed to late the price tag on the book. But outside the shop? (plus there was some weird placing of books inside the shop + a couple arrows/doors - dunno). Anyone?

S.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4211 days, 22 hours, 42 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 04:00 (GMT -5)

I've had the first very recently (and I know gut had the same thing not long ago). Never had a shop item generated outside a shop though - very odd.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Silfir
Registered user
Writer of Overly Long Guides

Last page view:

4040 days, 23 hours, 24 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 04:16 (GMT -5)

Trap room generated in the same area as the shop or something?
You drop the golden ball.
You kick the golden ball. It slides to the west.
Suddenly Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, appears! "That's not how you play Quidditch! are you even listening?"
Which direction? (123456789) 4
Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is hit by a bolt of acid! Harry Potter, the apprentice wizard, is annihilated.
You hear the ecstatic cries of a large crowd!
vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

4929 days, 6 hours, 13 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 11:23 (GMT -5)

Some combination of an alarm trap, and some monsters capable of picking up books? Could a monster pick a book up, hear an alarm trap go off in the corridor, decide to fight alarm triggering monster, and get pwned by the shopkeeper just outside the shop?

Or maybe you are taking too many halucinatory drugs whilst playing adom?
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3089 days, 18 hours, 11 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 12:26 (GMT -5)

Sometimes the shop generator screws up. I've had a few (3 or 4) shops with items outside the door and twice I've seen a shop where the shopkeeper didn't block the door when I picked up the item (he still said his message and moved, but to the side, not on the door).
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
gut
Registered user
Painted this one too.

Last page view:

4870 days, 59 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 23:36 (GMT -5)

Easiest kick-rob ever : )

Yes, I actually decided to save the game in which that happened to me, and stuck it on the official ADOM boards. I entitled it 'wanna go crazy', because that's exactly what I did, searching for that stupid shop : )
Put me in the 'fool filter', where I belong!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: