Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / how to issue commands to buds?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

FierySam
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 at 18:33 (GMT -5)

okokok.... i know im a newb and all but there is 1 thing i dont know how to do...=(.... how do you issue a command to your ''pet''??? AND PLZ PLZ tell me what ae the keys... because it says in the manual C-o... what the heck is C-o??? plz i will die without your wisdom guys.... im at lvl 10 trollish bard and i dont wanna lose him!!!
RossMan4Life
Registered user
Crazy Breakdancing Robot

Last page view:

7941 days, 13 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 at 19:59 (GMT -5)

OK, I may screw up so i want you to bear with me. To issue a command you hit "control" and "o". Be sure to pay attention to capitalization in the menus too, they can be a bother.

Oh the joy that has been brought to us by the mystical drink known simply as "Kool-Aid."
RossMan4Life
Registered user
Crazy Breakdancing Robot

Last page view:

7941 days, 13 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 at 20:36 (GMT -5)

I am not able to post my thread, so I will slap it in here. Here it is: I know I have had some memorable fights in ADOM, even though there are so many. My favorite fight was with a drakeling healer against Rehetep. I had a lot of trouble getting to him even with a perfect map layout. Once I got to the top floor I found living walls, lightning lizards, and several other pesty creatures. Even scumming, it took several hours to devise a strategy with my limited inventory. I also know we have all had great Kranach fights. Running on coward, switching to attacking on berserk. Ah, the good ole days. I have some questions though, with the ultimate endings (avatars) I was curious to know if continuing play was possible. I already know that gameplay continues with a gate closing ending. However, the ways the ending texts are written are kind of hard to interperet whether or not the game is still in your hands. Also, does anyone know the corruption free / corruption background areas are after winning. I have started a promising GE necro, and I kinda want to lay out my game plan. Another ?, with drakelings; does the race ability to spit acid get stronger with level? And if the drakeling is an elementalist (or any magic-user), can he cast improved fireball into a wall near himself to speed himself up? Or any other spells?

Oh the joy that has been brought to us by the mystical drink known simply as "Kool-Aid."
Jack
Registered user

Last page view:

7810 days, 15 hours, 32 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 at 07:10 (GMT -5)

Well, you see. Continuing playing is actually possible. THere's a challenge for one to go as deep into the INfintie Dungeon as far as possible. Of course, in order to prevent u from turning into a writhing mass of primal chaos, u need to close the gates and killed its minions. OR simply destruct the gate with a wand of destruction. THe second method seems better as i always does not have any more corruptions after destucting it and also if u wanna killed its minions. [note, killing its minions makes u more suited to the first method]. Also, going into this challenge means that the si MUST NOT be taken into the ID. OR else, they will replicated until u cannot carry them anymore. THose missiles and food are already so heavy.So take note of this pt. By the way, the challenges are in http://www.angelfire.com/nc/atrium/index.html. GO there and u will know. THe one i am talking abt is the leadman challenge. I have managed to go to beyond Level 100 and there are already so many molochs and greater molochs, that i am forced to rise to the surface to breathe some air.
-Requirements:
-Bring everything useful with you
-Have every resistance [emp lichs, ghuls]
-Once down to L66/67, there is a extremely exps dwarven chaos knight named MALAKAI. Careful, ultimate powerful, designed for L40 above PC.Even my L50 dwarven assassin have problem with him. But, if u are lucky, a altar may appear there.

THe drakeling ability to spit acid does not get stronger with which level. Well, it will speed him up but will also damage him if he does not have any resistance. But improved fireballs spellbks are not easy to find though u are a elementalist, u get some of it from a specific level onwards. Save it for D49, the ice level where drakelings really needs that stuff, else their speed will continue to go down.

" Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." -Albert Einstein

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: