Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Need extreme measures...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Scummer
Registered user

Last page view:

5149 days, 2 hours, 59 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 12, 2009 at 12:34 (GMT -5)

Ok. Don't ask me why...but I have gotten it in my head to play a Dark Elf Bard. I'm finding it extremely difficult, even if I reroll till I get Healing...am born in the sign of the Cup and take Healthy as an ability...I think if the guy could survive long enough to get healing to 100 AND pump toughness with herbs he'd be okay (around level 12)...but I need whatever spoily suggestions you have for early game pwnage...
Jhonka
Registered user
Kickass player

Last page view:

5328 days, 9 hours, 4 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 12, 2009 at 13:05 (GMT -5)

If you don't start with healing, the kranf niest will give it at 60. First 6 levels should be obtained from the smc, since you get the levels fast and that means less damage sustained and less time consumed(if that matters to you). Next you probably should go for id and train, or "scum" as some say, with tension rooms. levels up until 9 are pretty safe if you have something like 10PV.

With bashing types, the start is very slow and dull(to me atleast) but even with semispellcaster you'll get slow monster and that will ease things up. Slow monster cast on self will drastically raise the xp value of every kill! Even without it getting bloated and strained will make leveling faster.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/12/2009 at 13:07 (GMT -5) by Jhonka]
Portrait
Scummer
Registered user

Last page view:

5149 days, 2 hours, 59 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 12, 2009 at 13:43 (GMT -5)

Thanks for the quick response...I've been going straight to SMC just to generate level one monsters...I'm kinda addicted to descending (eventually) through UD...But even at beginning SMC is very dangerous for a dark elf bard...these guys die if you breath on them wrong...often start with 0 PV...there is just no way, without sac'ing mobs on an altar that I can last that long in SMC...So, what I've been trying is finding the stairs then scumming in the ID till 6-8...feels like I have more control over the mobs their with stair hopping...I pulled the kranf thingy once...after finding yriggs and the healer not offering me healing because i was chaotic...i was happy to kill him after that. thanks for the info on bloated and straining...i hadn't thought of that.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4211 days, 9 hours, 4 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 22:17 (GMT -5)

I'd recommend sticking to VD 1 and 2 till you're level 6. Other areas are too dangerous for bards at the very start. Make sure you get Long Stride early so you can run away at any hint of trouble.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: