Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Girdle of True Strength

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Aragorn
Registered user

Last page view:

4856 days, 9 hours, 27 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 20, 2009 at 03:57 (GMT -5)

What are the conditions required to get the girdle?
When/where do we get it (i think on D50 rt?)

Not killing the lawful monsters is one.

I read somewhere that you shouldnt kill non-hostile monsters. I have encountered two types of non-hostile monsters so far ...
1) When you try to attack you get a question saying "Do you really want to attack foo?"
2) The above message is not generated and you end up attacking them even though they are neutral.

Is it ok if I killed the monsters of category 2? Can I kill Hotzy and kranf niest and still get the girdle?

Also, what about the technique where you target a missile not directly at the neutral monster but such that the monster would get hit. Is this allowed for getting the girdle?
AshenPlanet
Registered user

Last page view:

3175 days, 13 hours, 29 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 20, 2009 at 09:55 (GMT -5)

I have never gotten the platinum girdle, and don't know if it's legitimate, but I can tell you what's lawful or not.

1. obviously is chaotic.
2. can happen when you are berzerk, also a chaotic act.

Hotz and kranf, chaotic acts (with tricky exceptions).
Targetting a missile not directly is also chaotic.
Even bouncing a spell off a wall is chaotic, although it's the least chaotic method you can use.

There are a couple ways to turn a monster or npc hostile before attacking them which don't give you chaotic black stones (as long as they are not lawful creatures), but I can't say whether they would nullify your attempts to get the platinum girdle.

Aragorn
Registered user

Last page view:

4856 days, 9 hours, 27 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 01:11 (GMT -5)

What are those ways, the tricky exceptions you mentioned?
AshenPlanet
Registered user

Last page view:

3175 days, 13 hours, 29 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 05:05 (GMT -5)

Well, there's ventriloquism, pets, alarm traps, unholy aura, armor of hate, etc.
But, even though you can turn a lawful creature hostile, killing a lawful creature still gets you black stones...

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/21/2009 at 05:06 (GMT -5) by AshenPlanet]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4237 days, 6 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 09:02 (GMT -5)

Also I've heard tell that you're not allowed to let any lawful creature die, by your own hand or another's. No blink dogs killed by monsters or pets, no dwarves killed in the arena or dwarftown, and Khelavaster must be saved. Not an easy task.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: