Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Amusing situations

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4598 days, 3 hours, 53 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 09, 2009 at 16:01 (GMT -5)

I ran into some interesting messages while playing that I'd never seen before that gave me a good chuckle.

First, a ratling that would starve for his beliefs.

RATLING REBEL: "Ugh, me's so hungry."
(player gives food)
The ratling rebel screams "How *dare* you bribe my ideals?" and attacks.

So much for being a good samaritan :P

Next it's Tywat Pare vs Hotzenplotz, and Tywat wins, but is poisoned.

"You talk to Tywat Pare, the sheriff."
"Hotzenplotz's been slaughtered. What a good thing." Tywat Pare, the sheriff drops dead! You feel as if transgressing some law.

Tywat! NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Why did I watch you die? Oh right, I got all gunshy after the ratling rebel bitched me out for trying to help.

Next, back at the Arena, I broke the rules, and fatboy isn't happy about it.

"You talk to Dak, the arena master. "Hey, ye have left the arena before ending the fight! We don't like no cheaters!" Dak, the arena master, whacks your head. You are not very impressed. The blow was pretty weak. Dak, the arena master, seems to be annoyed. He attacks you with a whirl of fluid motions in order to confuse you! This doesn't impress you, it's pretty simple to see through those moves and avoid any confusion. Now Dak, the arena master, looks really annoyed. "Bah! I won't waste more time on such a weakling! And now you will fight." (teleported into arena)

Must be a bunch of stat checks for each attempt he makes. Good thing I smithed my helm and had confusion resistance so I could make a mockery of the arena rules.

Lasty, our friendly neighborhood druid decides to play favorites.

"Guth'Alak, the druid, puts down an amulet, a ring, and a pair of bracers. (bracers of toughness +7, ring of minor elemental mastery, amulet of balance)

How about some love for the other classes Guthy? They all beat that dark druid like a red-headed stepchild! We can't all be female high elven druids with +20 appearance.
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4238 days, 13 hours, 48 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 10, 2009 at 07:24 (GMT -5)

That arena thing is very amusing, not seen that before :)
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, May 10, 2009 at 14:33 (GMT -5)

Yeah, I bet it checks your toughness and or helmet pv on the head whacking attempt, then checks your willpower/learning/confuse resistance on the 'whirl of fluid motions' attempt. The character who went through that was pretty well built up with equipment and stats.

Funny how Daks description makes him sound pretty tough, then you one-shot him with an average weapon.
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4148 days, 19 hours, 5 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 10, 2009 at 14:48 (GMT -5)

first is check against stun resistance.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
THC842
Registered user

Last page view:

4485 days, 13 hours, 24 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 10, 2009 at 15:10 (GMT -5)

How and why did guthy give you such wonderful stuff?
AshenPlanet
Registered user

Last page view:

3177 days, 3 hours, 12 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 10, 2009 at 23:16 (GMT -5)

That's the standard reward for any druid doing his quest (instead of the book/wand of frost).
The knowledge option is a moot point since druids start with both herbs and gardening...

Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 19:58 (GMT -5)

Another one I've never heard before.

Spider just screwed the pooch, who is critically injured and poisoned. No cringe message upon death, just:

"You are horrified by the death of your friend! As you watch your friend perish, you are reminded of the old teachings saying that everything has a time to pass on. Bearymore, the brown bear drops dead."

Leave it to Bards to wax philosophical when their pet croaks.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: