Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / TwoHand VS OneHand

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Toan
Registered user

Last page view:

5080 days, 12 hours, 19 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 30, 2009 at 07:33 (GMT -5)

I'm not sure which is better, but, when is it good to switch from a one hand to a two hand? I have a weaponsmith that has been using the starting warhammer, and i think it's time to upgrade. My choices from Waldenbrook are...

OneHand
Battle Axe of the Void (+0, 1d6)
Spear of Corruption (+1, 1d8+2)

TwoHand
Adamantium Halberd (+9, 2d7+6) [-2, +0]

My current shield is:
Tower adamantium shield (-2) [+15, +2]

And my damage for warhammer on normal is:

+23 to hit
2d3+9

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

liptick
Registered user
The elf lover

Last page view:

5245 days, 6 hours, 51 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 30, 2009 at 17:24 (GMT -5)

if there are no good weapons in your chosen category it is worth considering using a different type of weapon (if there is a decent one that is).

im not a fan of 2 handers but ive had a couple of characters that made it far with a staff or 2 handed sword, in the end i always switch up for a shield.

if your character has a lot of pv its worth carrying a high damage 2 hander along with a one hander. if you cant get through somethings pv and are not worried about taking a couple hits you can switch up. i dont actually do this often tho... if i encounter a steel golem and put my shield away ill get raped...
Mi Hai Loo
Registered user
Demented kobold

Last page view:

5379 days, 8 hours, 56 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 02, 2009 at 04:40 (GMT -5)

It just depends on type of monster you are fighting. I prefer to use one-handed weapons and shields if fighting with orcs, for example, because they have very low PV. But if I need to kill that steel golem, I'd prefer two-handed weapon and some pepper petals. And if I meet something really nasty - quickling queen, for example - I surely shall take two shields and run away or blast her with spells or wands (paralize vs quicklings rulez, he-he...).
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5141 days, 6 hours, 38 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 02, 2009 at 15:34 (GMT -5)

Adamantium halberd is a polearm, and polearm weapon skill will give a good boost to DV as you gain levels in it. You should buy that, because it will be your most damaging weapon by far.

Battleaxe and other spear are useless, so definately stick with warhammer as your one-handed weapon for now(guess you have a lot of weapon skill now). A regular orcish spear (throw by orc scorchers) would be just as good. In fact, get 10 to throw one at you and odds are you will get a good one. They use same skill as halberds, so these are good to use in tandem. Spear onehanded, halberd twohanded. There are two guaranteed artifact twohanded polearms in the game, one midgame (unless you are born in the month of the raven) and one very late game. But they are both very good, and worth training up spear skill.

And of course, polearm weapon skill is ridiculously overpowered compared to the other one-handed weapon skills. It's in the game manual, just compare to axe or sword. About equal, except a lot of extra DV. DV is good. Work it out.

Orc scorchers are a favourite monster of mine...I always run around them until they throw a spear. +1, 1d8+2 base stat weapon. And a chance for more hit or dam, or a nice pre-/suffix.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/2/2009 at 15:34 (GMT -5) by Molach]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: