Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / <3 the RNG

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5023 days, 7 hours, 39 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 01, 2009 at 22:19 (GMT -5)

so i'm playing a gnomish bard right now and had just got past the animated forest. as i got closer to khelly, i started debating whether to let him die so i could clear everything down to the water temple or scum around for an amulet or a wish. since i have yet to post a win in the HoF, i decided to just let him die instead of leaving the dwarven caves to find something else to do while i wait for an amulet or wish.

so i'm pickpocketing/killing the chaos servants around khelly, and find an "ordinary ring" with the last one. that made my heart skip a beat. after using a scroll of identify and a potion of holy water, i have an AoLS to give khelly. yay for 6 SoCR!

so i proceed to clear the graveyard, get to the water temple (didnt clear it. not enough means of digging or swimming), yadda, yadda, yadda. not much i can do in those caves now. so... what next?

i decide to head off to DF, but before i do that, get crowned. yay for fire immunity and the sword Trusted One (only crowning gift i wanted, really). hmm... trusted one... not steel-golem slaying... and i only have 4 arrows of humanoid slaying. meh, might as well try DF, if i cant kill the first golem i can always back off. so, i get to the first level and meet the steel golem and a kobold in the room with the down staircase. killed kobold first and saw that he dropped a weapon. a gray dagger, to be more exact.

so now i have DF cleared too and am wondering what to do next. i gotta go to bed now, but i'm thinking about getting the RotHK even though i have no source of frost bolts or bridge construction. i have a gut feeling that things will sort themselves out :P

now just wait for my post tomorrow complaining how i died a RNG death, maybe in the big rooms of the RotHK cave. i know that a stupid death is gonna happen sooner or later.
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
MightyChaos
Registered user
ADoM Veteran

Last page view:

5058 days, 15 hours, 29 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 02, 2009 at 00:19 (GMT -5)

PoWonder and WoWonder are good for trying to get some cold spells ;)
**<i love this game?**
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5023 days, 7 hours, 39 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 02, 2009 at 13:46 (GMT -5)

hehe, with my luck that might just work :-D
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
liptick
Registered user
The elf lover

Last page view:

5243 days, 10 hours, 49 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 03, 2009 at 16:27 (GMT -5)

my luck tends to be that if the RNG is being ridiculously generous like that, I die a death that causes me to be pretty upset. don't be fooled into giving the rng praise because its only setting you up for anger (or if you are a little bit more sane just dome disappointment)
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4237 days, 4 hours, 42 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 06, 2009 at 12:50 (GMT -5)

Bards do get some nice luck with items though, in my experience. That could be bollocks of course, but I like to believe it's true :)
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: