Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Wishing

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jbc
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 at 13:10 (GMT -5)

How exact can I get on wishing?

Say, could I wish for a murderous eternium spear of devastation?
Twinge
Registered user
Communist in Disguise

Last page view:

5167 days, 2 hours, 48 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 at 14:19 (GMT -5)

You cannot wish for artifacts, and you cannot wish for specific weapon/armor modifiers. You CAN wish for specific set items like 'maces of Devestation', 'Whip of the Snake', or 'Quarrels of Demon slaying' however.
Jbc
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 at 21:11 (GMT -5)

That really does not answer my question. I'll give it a try when I get home. It's somethng I have been wondering about for sometime. And I happen to have two wishes. :)
AshenPlanet
Registered user

Last page view:

3150 days, 9 hours, 15 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 at 21:29 (GMT -5)

No, don't waste them.
You can't ask for any random prefix or suffix.

eg. phase daggers, swords of sharpness, maces of disruption, daggers/spears/scurgari of returning are all ok wishes as are eternium spears and blue dragon scale mails because none of those things are random modifiers - they are all base items.
Murderous/brutal/barbed/etc. are random prefixes, devastation/penetration/sun/etc. are random suffixes, none of them will be given.

Now, when you wish for eternium spears, 1 or more of them might get a random prefix/suffix/both, but you can't ask for them directly.
The chances, btw, for randoms on the wished items are based on your level, so a later wish has a greater chance of spawning some randoms.
I used to wonder if it was the item level of the area you made the wish in, but upon testing, it's just your level that factors in.

Twinge
Registered user
Communist in Disguise

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 at 22:04 (GMT -5)

The DL you wish in is a factor for the equipment variance as well, but a much more minor one than the player level.
Jbc
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, December 24, 2009 at 00:54 (GMT -5)

That's a shame. I am also level 15 with pole arms.

Can you imagine an eternium spear of devastation with a lvl 15 pole arms....
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

4997 days, 22 hours, 48 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 24, 2009 at 08:41 (GMT -5)

wish for eternium tower shields for super DV ;)

but if you already have level 15 with pole arms then you probably have a decent shield too.
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Jbc
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, December 24, 2009 at 12:47 (GMT -5)

"wish for eternium tower shields for super DV ;)" - Taz

That would be a good wish. But I already have one.

I ended up wishing for pairs seven league boots and concentration (as I found a dungeon shop earlier that sells spell books; how cool is that, a farmer shooting spells).

But with the boots, 487 to move, 15 pole arms 595 to attack and 184 speed the guy is crazy all over the place with that spear. So that was definitely a good wish.

But I then found another ring (thanks TH) so now I need to figure out another wish. Any suggestion are welcome. I was thinking of toughness potions.

Twinge
Registered user
Communist in Disguise

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, December 24, 2009 at 19:47 (GMT -5)

You might as well save the wish until you need it if that's the best thing you have to wish for. Might be some oddball need that comes up late game and you'll be ready for it.
Jbc
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, December 25, 2009 at 00:17 (GMT -5)

That's a good suggestion Twinge. And I have other idea now that I have thought about it.

Really I have to decide, at this point, if I want to go ahead and finish the game or if I want to beef my PC up some more.

The safer bet is to beef him up some more. I can still smith some and I have not visited the quickling tree yet. So I might save the wish in case I need it to remove corruption.

Jbc
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, December 25, 2009 at 00:20 (GMT -5)

Althoguht, it is doutbful I'll need to use a wish on corruption. I have a nice little anti-corruption stock pile and still the unicorn quest to go.

But I might try to purposely give myself the corruption that gives +20 to speed.
Twinge
Registered user
Communist in Disguise

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, December 25, 2009 at 01:13 (GMT -5)

What'd be the point in going to the Quickling Tree? I guess if you cast Slow Monster on yourself you could technically eek out a few more points of speed, but unless you really need the boots for ratling fodder, there's really no reason to go - you're already faster than most of my late game PCs, which are in turn already faster than most other late game PCs :P

It sounds like you're already insanely buff, but I can understand the trepidation if you haven't had a win before. Being careful and taking things slow in dangerous spots will always do a TON more good for you than buffed stats, however.
Jbc
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, December 25, 2009 at 01:41 (GMT -5)

This will not be my first win. It will, if I win, (knock on wood) will be my first melee win.

Jbc
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, December 25, 2009 at 01:51 (GMT -5)

"What'd be the point in going to the Quickling Tree? " - Twinge

Well if, the cap is like you said, 160 then there is no point in going to the tree. But I still might to see if the king and queen can push it further.

The whole idea of the using a farmer was speed. Since they level pole arms so insanely they seem ideal for a speed build. And while I can I just want to explore that concept some more.
Twinge
Registered user
Communist in Disguise

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, December 25, 2009 at 06:25 (GMT -5)

Eating a Quickling King or Queen (or Bard) corpse is something I recommend no player ever do ever. The slightly better speed boost compared to Quickling Lords is not even remotely offset by the awful reduction of your max age. Even for long-lived races the differences is small enough as to not be worth it, except maybe in a speed run or something.
Jbc
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, December 25, 2009 at 12:38 (GMT -5)

If they a King or Queen can't push you pass the speed cap for corpses then I would agree. As you could just get your speed from other sources. But if they can push you past that cap then I would eat them.
Twinge
Registered user
Communist in Disguise

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, December 25, 2009 at 18:06 (GMT -5)

As I said, they work the same as all the other corpses; they merely give you slightly more chances to gain a speed at a high cost.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: