Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Rust

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Kadyola
Registered user

Last page view:

5184 days, 7 hours, 42 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 12, 2010 at 13:48 (GMT -5)

What are the effects of rust and rustproofing? Been searching like crazy for this information after my newly created Wizard got his ring of mental stability rusted.
Quothz
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, February 12, 2010 at 23:03 (GMT -5)

Well, it's more likely to be destroyed if you expose it to fire or acid, via traps, vortices, the temple, or whatnot. Note that rings can't be destroyed while you have gauntlets on top of 'em, tho', so you should be okay.

Generally, rusted armor gives -1 appearance. I'm not -sure- that applies to rings and I don't care enough to check. Rusted weapons are a more serious problem--they deal half damage (and will probably break at the most inconvenient imaginable moment).

Rustproofing is just what it sounds like--a rustproofed item will never become rusty.

It's worth noting that, if you have smithing and the requisite tools available, you can remove rust by (a)pplying the skill to the rusted item (this doesn't require an ingot). Glod can clean up rust, as well, for a lil' cash.
Portrait
littlebrather
Registered user

Last page view:

4801 days, 10 hours, 26 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 15, 2010 at 05:53 (GMT -5)

Rusted items can be destroyed not only by traps, but by water to, that sounds terrible - rain or swimming and you are naked and hopeless
until it sleep

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: