Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Fail of epic proportions

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Mankeli
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2010 at 11:29 (GMT -5)

Was playing gnomish bard, going for ultra. At level 49, got the trident, trinity parts, a load of artifacts, 3 djinni rings, ok chaos removal tools etc. Needless to say, my char was looking great indeed...UNTIL.

Ok, so my char was pretty much invincible if there is such a thing in ADOM (and there is not). Got to the elemental altars level. Used the orbs at the altars. Was about to bless my Trident to take out some of the balors.

Then, I reconsidered. Maybe I need to save the holy water to be able to take out the trinity parts (don't remember if they are autocursed or nopt). BUT WAIT, I DID NOT TAKE THE TRINITY PARTS FROM MY STASH AT ALL. And now I can't get to them anymore, 'cause I already changed the direction of the stairs using the orbs at the altars.

So, just a regular win for me. I had to heal myself only once in the final level. And I didn't even bother to use my Farslayer with slaying ammo and 100 archery except for defeating Fisty.

Feel free to bash me, I deserve it :D
Mankeli
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2010 at 18:35 (GMT -5)

What were the requirements to be able to read the weird tome BTW? My 50 level bard with music at 100 did not succeed. Has anyone still found any use for the tome other than getting the SoCRs from the mad man?
Toan
Registered user

Last page view:

5074 days, 13 hours, 7 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 01, 2010 at 19:49 (GMT -5)

As far as the guidebook says, (you may not be as spoilered), it still a mystery; currently no-one has been able to read it as of yet.

Also, bad luck ):
Mankeli
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, May 05, 2010 at 08:55 (GMT -5)

ADOM still holds true for the mystery part then.

I tried to give to book to certain persons (Oracle, Khelly) and read it after drinking from the pool in the stone circle. No effect. This was after closing the chaos gate and wielding ToTRR.
Mankeli
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, May 05, 2010 at 08:58 (GMT -5)

...and also tried using it as if playing an instument, but it didn't work out either. Well, I guess I'll stop trying now.
Toan
Registered user

Last page view:

5074 days, 13 hours, 7 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2010 at 05:09 (GMT -5)

You try to play the Weird Tome. You have problems handling the Weird Tome.
gooberstomp
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, May 23, 2010 at 00:35 (GMT -5)

if you didn't destroy the switches then i don't see any reason why you couldn't come back to d50 with the trinity and do yoru business.

i guess it was an even bigger fail then you had imagined.
Anzufvytar
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, May 24, 2010 at 08:06 (GMT -5)

I think this is not possible. If the switches aren't destroyed you cannot go up. So when you can enter D:49, the only option is winning or dying...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: