Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Potions of raw chaos abuse

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

DK
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, May 17, 2010 at 13:32 (GMT -5)

Most characters will eventually come across loads and loads of junk potions, esp. with treasure hunter talent or other loot generating methods. I used to just turn the useless ones into raw chaos after I find moon sickle and maybe dip 9 of em in a potion of exchange, but that was it, didn't want to risk dipping stuff with it due to insane corruption possibilities.

After understanding how the potion actually works (as in explosion happens when the output item is exactly the input item and output item depends on Danger Level), I realised u can get infinite ratling pamphlets and dip em 1 by 1 into raw chaos potions and have absolutely no chance to explode. Never worry about identifying and uncursing again, and probably nets you lots of Defense/Protection scrolls to buff up the character. I've never seen this technique mentioned anywhere so far, so just decided to share it.

And obviously the only limit would be the number of potions found ingame. That makes every single potion in the game useful. If u find a potion shop then ur set :)
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4238 days, 21 hours, 38 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 19:27 (GMT -5)

Hmm, definitely no chance of the ratling pamphlet turning into itself and exploding? It's danger level 1, though I suppose it can't be generated randomly... This could be a good way of getting a scroll of danger.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
gooberstomp
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, May 23, 2010 at 00:31 (GMT -5)

could you spell it out a little more please? what's teh ratling pamphlet and where do you get it? ar eyou saying you can keep dipping the same object in the potion and get extra objects from it?

i dun get it
Toan
Registered user

Last page view:

5080 days, 9 hours, 13 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 23, 2010 at 01:14 (GMT -5)

No, he means that you get the "Ratling Pamplet" which is a scroll, that is never (i haven't seen one yet either) randomly generated and dip it into a !PoRC. Since i will never (hopefullly) turn into a Ratling Pamplet, the worst that could happen is you might get a little corruption from spilling the potion onto you. (Not sure if it happens when using the potion, but it happens when making the potion.) And since the Ratling Pamphlet can be infinately obtained, free items.

Hope this helps.

@DK ?SoProtect/Defence aren't that great but...
?SoDanger is pretty nice.

There are actually really few "useless potions". Beside the obvious one...

1.Cure Poison
2.Poison (Sort of)
3.Stun Recovery
4.Potential Beauty/Charisma and the Non-Potential ones
5.Insight (You don't need THAT many)
6.Training (You'll have enough advances anyway)

There may be more.
DK
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 04:20 (GMT -5)

Sry for not making it clear enough, I'll just describe it a little bit more:

By talking to a green "r" (ratling rebel) on the arena level of the CoC, there's a chance you get a free ratling pamphlet. I tend to swap him into a corner and lock him up with doors, and just hold onto shift-c for a good while, while generating 20-50 scrolls, also allowing the ratling traders on the level to re-stock their food (apparently they restock based on the time spent on that level it seems).

Toan describes the dipping process fairly well in the post above. The most you'll get is a little corruption, which is fairly tiny. I mentioned SoDefense, Protection uncursing and indentify since I seem to get those the most via this method, besides the not so great light/darkness/amnesia etc.

I recall a lot more junk potions, but just can't think of much on top of my head, so just checked a list of it and besides all the potential/boost potions which people have different opinions on and those Toan listed:

berzio/balance/carrot juice if Pe>20(23)/deafness/healing if lacking holy waters/invisibility if u have a RoInvis or Invis spell

Cure poison, carrot juice, balance, healing and invisibility seem to be very common compared to other potions anyway.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: