Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Anyone tried Minecraft?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

1 day, 1 hour, 38 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 10:18 (GMT -5)

Looks kinda neat (search "Minecraft" on YouTube for about 30K hits), don't have much interest in the "sandbox design mode", but the survival mode where you mine resources and craft tools and weapons while hiding from (or hunt if you feel adventurous) zombies and other horrors at night looks oddly addictive.

Some roguelike-ish elements (randomly generated world mainly, and it's all "tile" based (or blocks to be more accurate since it's 3D)). Though it's more MMO like, with a huge persistent world, and if you die you just respawn with no other penalty than having to go back to where you died if you want your stuff back (unless you fell into lava in which case the stuff is probably gone forever).

Also there is no real goal yet other than amassing resources and building cool stuff out of it, but it's still in Alpah and heavy development.

It's not free though so I've only played around with the older sandbox version he have up on the website so far, but I spent all weekend just watching "let's play" videos from the game so I would probably get my money's worth, only 9.95€ while it's in Alpah (planning to charge 20€ once it's out of Beta apparently).

Oh and the official site is http://minecraft.net/ if anyone want to take a look.
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

1 day, 1 hour, 38 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 02:37 (GMT -5)

Heh, I think Notch (author of Minecraft) is a fan of ADOM too, when you start up the game there is a random quote thingy next to the title, and when I started it up last night it read "I miss ADOM!"

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Cody Harrington
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2011 at 07:22 (GMT -5)

Yes, he is a fan on ADOM. Thomas Biskup actually mentioned it on Twitter and Facebook. I'm a minecraft and ADOM player myself. So cool =]
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3597 days, 8 hours, 38 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2011 at 08:12 (GMT -5)

That's cool, actually. My brother is sitting next to me playing Minecraft right now, it looks interesting. Might even give it a try.
For the Horde!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: