Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Druid help

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Michael
Registered user

Last page view:

4604 days, 32 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2011 at 15:49 (GMT -5)

I am playing a level 14 High Elf Druid and stopped cheating many characters ago, so am worried about tackling Nonnak and Griff. I don't have any undead slaying ammo, so I wondered if Dispel Undea would work on Griff? I have a couple of items to get cold resitence, but not immunity, so is it too risky to finish the Graveyard?

Thanks,

Michael.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 days, 20 hours, 13 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2011 at 16:22 (GMT -5)

It's been a while since I actually played so take this with a grain of salt, but I've never rely considered undead slaying stuff to be necessary for the graveyard. Especially not for a spellcaster type.

Not sure about Dispel Undead so I Googled it and this thread came up:
http://adom.brinkster.net/forum/messages.asp?thread=6216&start=60257&page=1

Looks like it might work. If not blasting him with regular spells should work ok too, don't believe he have any particular resistances.

Or you could just...

Spoiler
Pour some holy water on his grave, it instantly destroys him and give you a lawful boost

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Michael
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, August 12, 2011 at 11:29 (GMT -5)

Thanks. Tried it with just spells and they weren't as difficult as I'd feared. Griff resisted most of my Dispels, but a few got through and on top of a few Hellish Flames did the trick. It's quite different playing when I can;t just have a go and reload id it doesn;t work!
Michael
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, August 13, 2011 at 06:58 (GMT -5)

When clearing up after killing Griff and Nonnak I cast a few more Dispel Undeads and was very surprised when it disappeared from my spell list. I still had 80 or 90 castings, so do you have any idea why it went? I had about 18 different spells, but i#s definitely gone.
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4570 days, 15 hours, 28 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2011 at 21:23 (GMT -5)

Might be based on the mana stat - how much a spell you've learned decreases numerically.

From the guidebook: "Note that spells become more costly to cast (in terms of PP) as the number of available castings decreases. Thus a spell will increase in cost as the number of available castings decreases below 100 or so, becoming very noticeable as the number drops below about 20. This is class dependent but will affect all classes to differing extents. Note also that the number of available castings is not a simple "decrement by one each time the spell is cast" type of formula. Again depending on class, the difficulty of casting the spell and probably other factors this will vary. For example, casting Light with 1000 castings available to a level 40 wizard may decrease the available castings by one, while casting Death Ray with 20 castings available with a level 30 archer may reduce the available castings to zero. These are purely hypothetical examples but should give an idea of the trends."
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/7/2011 at 21:29 (GMT -5) by Nightmare]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: