Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / to hit formulas

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

geg_Ma3gau
Registered user
fighter 5 monk 6 rogue 29

Last page view:

4459 days, 5 hours, 45 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2012 at 03:55 (GMT -5)

Hi. in dungeons and dragons 3rd edition for example the hit/miss depends on how the attack bonus +d20 vs armor class roll goes. if ab +d20 > ac then it s a hit otherwise its a miss. Among other things, there are attack bonus progressions for diffirent classes (fighters/barbs/pladins/rangers etc get +1 ab/lvl, rogues,assassins, bards, clerics, druids etc get +3/4 ab/lvl, wizards, sorcerers and other mages get +1/2 ab/lvl).

I am interested in the hit/miss formulas and attack bonus progressions for diffirent classes in ADOM. ANyone knows something about that?

My other questions are do "lucky" from rings of luck and from piety stack? what do they do? modify rolls +1/+2/+3? Which rolls. How does fate smiles and doom/curse work(the same way?)

What does MANA stat do? it is said that it governs character luck so i get it that after certain levels of mana you get positive/negative modifiers to rolls depending on your mana?

Mana also is primary stat for PP. ALso it is said to govern attunement to magic(i guess the power of some spells depend on mana) and resistance to magic(i guess some spells will work less often on you when you got high mana.

Sometimes i wish DG did a full tutorial on game mechanics so that we dont guess and we can enjoy the game mechanics fully.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/2/2012 at 04:03 (GMT -5) by geg_Ma3gau]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: