Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Spell Books question

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Aelo
Registered user

Last page view:

4415 days, 16 hours, 49 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 10, 2012 at 04:47 (GMT -5)

I just started playing ADOM, and chose a Wizard.

I found several spell books which is good, however each book weighs 100s, and i get burdened very fast...

Should i drop the books after i learned the spells?
Is there anywhere i can keep items in storage w/o having to carry them around?

Thanks
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4231 days, 23 hours, 32 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 10, 2012 at 13:58 (GMT -5)

You can keep reading books to get more knowledge from them. Generally better to do than hoarding them. Some spells aren't worth learning too much though, so you may as well dump the book. And for books that you get poor knowledge from and want to save for later I generally stash in the first level of a dungeon next to the stairs.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Ashwood
Registered user

Last page view:

4200 days, 12 hours, 31 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2012 at 15:30 (GMT -5)

Reading spellbooks trains Learning which is hard to train otherwise, so it might be a good idea to read them until they disappear even if you don't use the spell.

The exceptions to the rule are spells like Farsight, Strength of Atlas, and Teleport which you will want to cast from the book once your spell knowledge runs low.

In the first town Terinyo, only the sheriff can walk on the very top row. If you lead him to the next town Lawenilothehl (by leaving Terinyo while he is touching you), it will be safe to leave stuff on the top row.
aplayer
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2013 at 03:11 (GMT -5)

Also I just found out (I'm new to adom) that if you go all the way down from the first two towns, there is a path to the left (west) below the river. That road through the wilderness will lead you to other areas/dungeons. In the middle of the trees there (approximately in the middle of the world map) is a light green * symbol (called "a clearing"). You can leave your extra spellbooks and stuff there.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: