Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Teleportation...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6320 days, 9 hours, 21 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2002 at 11:06 (GMT -5)

I was wondering that how the hell I'm supposed to get teleportation off from me? (came from DF's pools) Is the only way to get that annoying "skill" off `from pools or is there another way?

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3755 days, 3 hours, 27 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2002 at 14:13 (GMT -5)

Only from pools can you get rid of it. However, with controlled teleport, it becomes quite useful. You can get controlled teleport by eating a blink dog corpse or wearing a ring of teleport control.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Simius
Registered user

Last page view:

7421 days, 3 hours, 42 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2002 at 15:36 (GMT -5)

or try u'r luck and go drink more from the pool to get the control.

jokainen chanssi on mahollisuus
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 days, 14 hours, 5 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2002 at 21:03 (GMT -5)

It's still a major hassle for Wizards (or anyone) who try to read "advanced" books, and to some degree weaponsmiths (the smitthing part gets difficult).

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3755 days, 3 hours, 27 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2002 at 21:51 (GMT -5)

Always used to go to the Assassin's Guild to do that if I had teleportitis. No teleportation there. But if it's after day 90 (which it always is for me, which is probably why I keep losing :) ) you can't spend too long in there and the corruption level goes up.

In previous versions, if you had teleportitis you'd have problems in the arena: If it kicked in while you were in the arena, you couldn't teleport into another arena space, you had to teleport out--which, of course, got the arena master mad at you. A ring of the clear mind always helped. (They are fairly rare, though.) Thankfully that's been fixed in 1.0.0.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6320 days, 9 hours, 21 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2002 at 00:44 (GMT -5)

I actually had teleport control before I got the teleportation, but it's still quite annoying in big fights... takes more time if you have to watch yer moves all the time that you don't find yourself standing from somewhere between death and greater balor...

Coming my dear pools!

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/25/2002 at 00:45 (GMT -5) by Crimson King]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5662 days, 6 hours, 46 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2002 at 01:53 (GMT -5)

i do usually get tele control b4 tele, but not always; i ahve a lv 15 hurthling elementalist who has teleportation from something, can't remember what, prob a pool. it's annoying, to go all the way accross the map, just to teleported back to where you started... but this guy was hard early on, started with a mere 4 strength, he's up to 15 now, but still, its dificult. plus i never have enuf burning hands...

ivan.sourceforge.net
Max
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2002 at 02:38 (GMT -5)

If you dont want teleportosis peiord stay awya from pools and refrain from eating pixie corpses.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: