Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Testing...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
RossMan4Life
Registered user
Crazy Breakdancing Robot

Last page view:

7941 days, 14 hours, 41 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2002 at 19:13 (GMT -5)

It has been pestering me for some time, I want to test a lot of variables that aren't in FAQ and guides. Where can I find a decent 1.00 editor? All I can find are crappy old ones.

Oh the joy that has been brought to us by the mystical drink known simply as "Kool-Aid."
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5822 days, 19 hours, 11 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2002 at 20:35 (GMT -5)

There aren't any... yet. (to the best of my knowledge)

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5655 days, 18 hours, 24 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2002 at 22:21 (GMT -5)

hmm, idea. i know a programmer; mebe i can get him to make an editor. *g*

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 6 hours, 22 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2002 at 23:12 (GMT -5)

The actual programming bit should be a piece of cake. The problem is that the structure of the save file is pretty much unknown.

In order to make a editor you have to figure out just how the file is organized, and where the various bits of info go (most of it is level info obviously). And then you have to figure out how to disable the CRC check...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 at 00:29 (GMT -5)

my programmer friend said he'd try to do it, he just needs to d/l the game so he can check it out, figure it out, etc...
hope he manages to do it. *g* i seem to be good at getting people to do stuff for me. like my avatar? i convinced a friend of mine (who, BTW, is doing the GFX for a commercial game called Titans of Steel: Warring Suns - the demo version (which is actually the origional freeware game, Titans of Steel v1.4) is d/lable from www.viciousbyte.de if you're interested. the freeware version has a campaign-type-thing with no real goal other than win cash, make a mighty team, and blow up mechs, as well as online capabilitys, although the multiplay is either hotseat or via IP address manual input. i'd highly suggest d/ling the demo.) to make it for me. *g*

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6313 days, 20 hours, 58 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 at 01:17 (GMT -5)

That was pure advertising...

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin
Madman
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 at 06:37 (GMT -5)

They make stuff for you and you market their stuff.

Duke what is your avatar anyway.All i can see is a rainbow like thinky and rcoks.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/26/2002 at 06:42 (GMT -5) by its autor]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 at 10:36 (GMT -5)

it's a couple mechs in a desert thing...
and yea i nkow it was just a big ad, but i know hte folks who're making the game and like it. so yea.
madman if you want i oculd just send you the full-size version of my avatar; the forum minitruizes it so it fits.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 at 12:34 (GMT -5)

I had a look at the save files myself...

I was eable to identify and edit the characters stats, however I still haven't found any sure pattern on where to find them so that I can write a programm to do it...

Besides without a patch to remove the CRC check it won't do much good ("you feel as if you have run out of luck!").

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 at 19:31 (GMT -5)

yea, my friend was looking at it, and he said it was a normal CRC-32 check, but Thomas hadn't made full use of it; however what it did was check a bunch of scattered pieces, so it'll be hard to get around.
according to him though, Paula Clark already wrote an editor. i'm still skeptical though... (me and him aren't communicating straight to eachother, we're having to leave eachother messages, so it's a bit hard to find stuff out). he said it could be foudn on the ADOM FAQ. i haven't checked yet.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 at 21:41 (GMT -5)

He's probably refeering to the WADOMF editor. I was under the impression that it had been discontinued though. AFAIK there are at least not a version 1 compatable version of it yet.

Granted I haven't exactly gone out of my way looking for ADOM editors either...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/26/2002 at 21:48 (GMT -5) by Jan Erik]
RossMan4Life
Registered user
Crazy Breakdancing Robot

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 at 23:21 (GMT -5)

I have been looking for ADOM editors during one of my computer classes, so I haven't been actively scouring throught the internet to find them either. It is so unfortunate that so many people don't want to / can't find the time to update their sites. I could ask around for some assistance, sounds like a plan.

Oh the joy that has been brought to us by the mystical drink known simply as "Kool-Aid."
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7770 days, 4 hours, 22 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 at 13:22 (GMT -5)

To my knowledge no 1.0.0 editor exists.
WADOMF was stopped at g16pr2.

Why do need an editor so bad anyway?
If I ever wanna look in to somethig I just take the chars I finished the game with and do some exploring.
I learnt that from Dougy.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
RossMan4Life
Registered user
Crazy Breakdancing Robot

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2002 at 00:17 (GMT -5)

That does work in most cases, however, I have only recently started playing drakelings en masse. Most of my questions revolve around them and the likes. I don't need one, I just want one to help test stuff faster.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2002 at 01:20 (GMT -5)

plus with a legit char its a bit hard to get a Wand of Wishing (100)...

ivan.sourceforge.net
J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2002 at 03:03 (GMT -5)

Just out of curiosity. If a wand is dipped to a !oEx does the amount of charges stay intact ? That could be a way of getting a wand of wishing with 75 charges.

With such an amount it would be VERY hard not to win...
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2002 at 13:58 (GMT -5)

Duke: Sorry youre wrong.I do have chars who are capable of getting a WoW 100 charges.
Simple.I've got lots of PoBooze,Mana,SoR.I do have evry wand in the game.But I will be frank.I never really tried recharging that wand.It still has 2-3 charges left.
Does anyone know if it works?

J: Thats a great idea.I hafta check that.

Portrait
Dougy
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2002 at 19:51 (GMT -5)

J: Nope. I just transformed a normal wand of monster detection (154 charges) into a normal wand of door creation (2 charges).

And wands of wishing can't be recharged. That used to be a bug from way, way back IIRC. You could wish for potions of mana, and dip the wand yielding potentially infinite wishes.

However you can use Jan's method of item duplication to get 100 wands of wishing with 1 charge each. (but it's easier to have RoDS, they group and are easier to get)

Adomer from Australia.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2002 at 22:02 (GMT -5)

plus the rings weigh less, don't they? and see, mesiah your wrong, can't recharge WoWs.
god i'm tired today.

ivan.sourceforge.net
RossMan4Life
Registered user
Crazy Breakdancing Robot

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2002 at 22:22 (GMT -5)

If you can excuse my ignorance, what is Jan's method of item duping? It will help with a few of my questions. Most of mine are still floating around in my head unfortunately.

Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 01, 2002 at 02:09 (GMT -5)

Duke: Ok I was wrong.Jeez you dont hafta run it in.
RossMan: If you still have a lot of questions you could try downloading an older version of adom and then use Wadomf.

Dougy: What is Jan's method of duplication?I vaguely remember him saying something months back.

Portrait
Dougy
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 01, 2002 at 02:33 (GMT -5)

Backuping the temp files, then copy/pasting them into the temp directory, picking up your items, then re-pasting them into the temp directory (thus creating the items again).

It's what i generally use (very handy). You can also use temp files from other chars. So i've got chars with 4000 wishes, SoCR, every artifact i've got backed up. It's fun using the shield of raw steel.

Also note this method is highly crash prone.

Adomer from Australia.

Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 01, 2002 at 02:42 (GMT -5)

Thanks for refreshing my memory.I also remember Jan warning us not to submit any chars that used this.
Does this work for artifacts?

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 01, 2002 at 21:51 (GMT -5)

AFAIK it works for everything. Because you "restore" the entire dungeon level you can even "duplicate" pools, unique monsters and so on...

There might be some long term problems with multiple copies of the same artefact, but I have never run into any. Then again I rarely play a cheated character for long...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 01, 2002 at 21:58 (GMT -5)

I've noticed problems if you copy areas like the elemental temples. Adom can think that the temples can be on different level then their actually on.

There's frequent 291s from the ones i created due to overwhelming number of items. (so if your trying to finish the game back up after every level)

Edit: I just discovered a gray altar coloured red. When stood on it crashed fatally.

I'm trying to create a temp file that you can copy into ya temp directory with every item in the game. However obtaining rare artifacts only available from crowning is proving difficult, and the platinum girdle is beyond me.

Adomer from Australia.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/1/2002 at 22:02 (GMT -5) by Dougy]
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 02, 2002 at 00:59 (GMT -5)

http://www.alphalink.com.au/~stones/adtl22_1 (you'll prolly have to rename this to "adtl22_1" no extension)

(I'm using Windows 98 - tell me if this link doesn't work will ye?... it works for me)

This is the best i've got so far, it contains many artifacts, however it's very hard to get them all as i need a saved game with the artifacts in them.

The ones i don't have - shirt of the saints, perions mithrill, natures friend, gauntlets of eternal peace, cloak of oman, aylas holy scarf, bugbiter, cats claw, kinslayer, trusted one, black thumb, platinum girdle. (if you have a save file with any of these for v1, and ya upload it somewhere, send me the link and i'll chuck it on the file.)

There's plenty of wishes/SoCR/SoMM/WoT/holy water/stomafillia/spenseweed. Lots of random items i've collected for awhile.

To use it... [1]

1. Create a new charactor (it's far more stable this way). [2]
2. Walk straight to Holeinthewall, enter, and immediately leave.
3. Copy the file to your temp directory.
4. Re-enter Holeinthewall.

[1] Make another copy of adom, because this will stuff up your high scores.
[2] If you want to level up death ray an ancient karmic wyrm in the SMC, wear boots of the slow shuffle and cast slow monster on urself. (it'll take 2 AKW's for non-trolls)

Adomer from Australia.

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 3/2/2002 at 01:11 (GMT -5) by Dougy]
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 02, 2002 at 05:13 (GMT -5)

Dougy I have Cats claw,Shirt of the saints, nature's friend.All with chars I've won with earlier.Where do you want me to upload those.

All of em are cheated chars i.e fooling bout after winning.

Portrait
Dougy
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 03, 2002 at 00:04 (GMT -5)

umm could u email them to dssto1@student.monash.edu.au

thanks heeps, it takes so long to get the ones from crowning because ya have to start a new char each time and get them crowned. And only a 1 in 6 chance of getting the one i want anyway.

Adomer from Australia.

adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

8031 days, 6 hours, 46 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 03, 2002 at 10:59 (GMT -5)

I agree entirely, i've known friends only play the game with wands of wishing 999 charges. Usually when i play chars that get wishes i never use them anyway. Or for silly things like "scrolls of danger" to save me time finishing that quest.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 03, 2002 at 20:00 (GMT -5)

what?? i don't see your point adomer2. i don't even see what your *trying* to point out. you mind making it a bit more clear? yea, we (at least i, i can't remember if there were others) argued with you... but whats your point here??

ivan.sourceforge.net
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: