Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / braggage thread

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5635 days, 1 hour, 22 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 at 02:51 (GMT -5)

just an attempt to collesce the threads about how lucky character XYZ is...

right now i've got a human fighter, who has so far recieved an adamantium cap, medium shield, long sword, dagger, -shod quarterstaff, two-handed sword, boots, as well as a bunch of other adamantium stuff; he's got a girdle of strength {+3 ST}, plus he's found like 5 PoGA (although he accidentally drank 2 w/o blessing them first), he recently found a white dragon scale mail in the upper level of the Dwarven Graveyard, has Wyrmlance (can't remember where i got it though), he's got a mithril large shield too, also has lots of amulets (incl. AoLS, which i haven't gotten around to giving to Khelly yet). had a bit of trouble w/ allignment and corruption (got poision hands corruption, then found a scroll in AF, which turned out to be a SoCR; also accidentally wielded Moon Sicle and forgot about alignment effects of using it; allignment went to NC real fast. also experimented too much w/ items and is now stuck with cursed boots and a cursed short bow... could be worse, but the boots aren't my adamantium ones...), also can't seem to find enough water. where's a good place to look for water/SoUC?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
DaC
Registered user
Duh..

Last page view:

8016 days, 21 hours, 59 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 at 05:56 (GMT -5)

Cavern of chaos got, 9 PoW before the dwarftown.. then again, sometimes 0... SoUC, go to infinity cavern and go up/down floors as long as a shop is generated, then check it out.. (walk on a spot, and if you hear someone counting money, thats a hit!).. what is XYZ a new command..?
also, in v.1 the question thingy in the beginning.. is it worth the time? or just waste..

---
DaC / c'moon! tell me!
pl-eeee-ase! i wanna know! etc...
-------------------------------------
Duh, troll juice..
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 at 10:42 (GMT -5)

XYZ isn't a new command. XYZ is a varible. it's like saying {insert favorite character here} except with less typing. TB uses it to replace unknown numbers,("1.x.y.z release series") math uses it same way.
and stores never generate in the ID, BTW.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3727 days, 22 hours, 2 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 at 13:25 (GMT -5)

I had a gray elven weaponsmith that went straight to the puppy cave... Saw a pool in the first room, drank, got a wish (AoLS). If only all my chars started like that...

And, oh, some kobold dropped a PoGA on the third level. Blessed. :)
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/6/2002 at 13:26 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5802 days, 2 hours, 9 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 at 19:54 (GMT -5)

You pick up the scroll labeled "Odiv".
Your leather armor [+0, +2] glows in a blue light!
C - Body : leather armor [+0, +5]

kewl (:(:

dang i died from poison from an assassin and discovered i had 16 arrows of slaying in my inv. Ah well...

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/6/2002 at 20:02 (GMT -5) by Dougy]
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5802 days, 2 hours, 9 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 07, 2002 at 00:46 (GMT -5)

ok severe braggage this time...

started a new char today (high elf priest - raven), went straight to the ID (fk = bandit). Stayed there till level 13, then did the pyramid, and got precrowned L with natures companion. Got the gladius, and the si. Mountains of herbs in the bigroom. Found seven league boots on day 10!!! Found a ring of the fish and completed blups quest.
Then decided to do the puppy cave. Braces of war in a random drop from the vault!

Oh and i've got enough strength of atlas spell casted upon myself to last the rest of the game (well atleast 100,000 turns).

This guy's goin' great!!! i'll give updates (:
(day 14 atm)

Oh and i forgot to mention the ring shop and i haven't killed a cat yet and i've got music at 100.

Edit: "I want ye to slay a cave lion to prove your valor." Buggar! Everything is goin' well tho. just got rune-covered trident and rolfs companion. Time to do portal/phial/RotHK then darkforge and fire temple.

The End: Made it to the ancient karmic wyrm on about day 35. Got crowned, and ADOM froze... (i managed to take a screenshot) i'm hoping that my HOF entry will go through, but i doubt it.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy

[Edited 3 times, last edit on 3/7/2002 at 05:23 (GMT -5) by Dougy]
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6941 days, 6 hours, 57 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 07, 2002 at 01:16 (GMT -5)

I have a lvl16 hurthling archer. lvl9 in slings, lvl8 in swords, he already slinged Rehetep back to his grave ;)) Right now I have a problem: I'm in Dwarftown and I can't find a lightning lizard Thrundarr wants me to kill. Scummed in big cave for some time, gathered corpses, cooked them and sacrificed, but no lightning lizard :((
Portrait
DaC
Registered user
Duh..

Last page view:

8016 days, 21 hours, 59 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 07, 2002 at 04:07 (GMT -5)

Duke,
I've never noticed.. propably true..

---
DaC / c'moon! tell me!
pl-eeee-ase! i wanna know! etc...
-------------------------------------
Duh, troll juice..

how many consider playing dwarf wizard easy?
Yes  No
Check results

Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 08, 2002 at 01:35 (GMT -5)

My hurthling archer is lvl20 now, and he's in a vault with many different monsters. Among them is a Karmic Dragon (no drg slaying ammo, I fight with sling or sword). Please tell me anyone: should I fight or run?

Can lvl 20 hurthling archer defeat a Karmic Dragon???
Yes  No
Check results

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 08, 2002 at 21:40 (GMT -5)

depends on your equiptment. how much armor, what skills with sling, do you have rocks or bullets, how good of shields, what skill with them? how many HPs also? and str also.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 09, 2002 at 03:49 (GMT -5)

Killed that dragon. No real problem, I thought it will be stronger. One Blue Dragon was in that vault too, didn't even hurt me.
Just found an interesting weapon... eternium halberd of penetration. I must test it ;))

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: