Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Black Tome of Alsophacas

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Yo Mama
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2002 at 10:40 (GMT -5)

Ok, I found the tome right, and I ended up reading it about 20 times and getting currupted, and learning a crap load of killer spells. But when I died I got negetive points. Why is this, is there any way to get uncorrupted. Also what is the best spell in the game.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

4 days, 1 hour, 43 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2002 at 11:13 (GMT -5)

Beeng heavily corupted reduce your score dramaticaly... Avoid using corupting items unless you abselutely HAVE to.

You can read scrolls of chaos resistance or dring potions of cure coruptino or complete a scertain high level quest. The scrolls and potions are very rare though, so avoid getting more corupted than you have to.

The best spell, hmm, Wish is nice, but almost impossible to cast. Death ray can be handy too, but it doesn't work against everything.

I'd say the best spells are the 4 ball spells (fire, ice, lightning, acid), if you have all 4 there is very little that can stand against you for long. Invisibility and Teleportation is also VERY nice to have, and my personal favourite Strenght of Atlas is a must for all pack rats...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7756 days, 2 hours, 39 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2002 at 12:47 (GMT -5)

Blessed tract of order can remove your corruption. When you read you are cleaned. One corruption effect is removed for one readed tract of order... Avarage...
PC: necromanta champion of order

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2002 at 12:56 (GMT -5)

P.S. Standart spellbook has weight 100 stones
tract of chaos 150
tract of balance 200
tract of order 250
Colected works of Confucius 400
Black Tome of Alsophocus 400 (always black tome)
Weird tom... I don't remeber But this book is no avaible randomize like others. It's guaranted artefact from librarian. When you spend 1000 turns in Library like mute...
And one trick. You can spend this 1000 turns in the parts... Because when you live someone location time is frozen no action in leaving dungeons level. You can back with mute status and wait still:)

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5656 days, 13 hours, 45 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2002 at 21:12 (GMT -5)

Spoiler
i thought of a stratagy using the Wish spell. you'd need somewhere safe where your PP and HP (PP at least) will regen fast. get Wish spell, go there, drop *everything* (your st is likely to go to 1), then cast wish 99 times (with time to get PP and HP regened in between) and always wish for PoGA. then wish for potions of water a few times, then go ahead and wish for a bunch of other stuff (whatever you want). of course don't run out of castings if you can avoid it... *g* anyways, if all goes as planned, you should have 1 in all stats, and enough stuff to get all stats to 99 plus last you through the rest of the game (the water is for blessing the PoGAs). this way you avoid the stat drains (in fact you end up gaining lots of stats in the process, not to mention whatever else you want) but still get the wishes.
one difficulty with this is the fact that your PP and HP will go down from losing stats, so if you can find some items that will keep your HP and PP at reasonable levels for teh castings, wear them.

what do you think, eh? somebody try it out.

oh and just for the heck of it, my friend said he's getting close to finishing the trainer for ADOM 1.0.0. just so you know. *g*

[EDIT: forgot to put that in spoilers. there fixed. IMO most of this thread ought to be in spoilers, either that or be in the spoiler forum. it's pretty spoily]

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/14/2002 at 21:21 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 15, 2002 at 04:57 (GMT -5)

The best is casting wish in silver night when you L or in darknight when you are C, in location with effects "The air of this room refreshes you and sharpens your spirits!" Costs of spells reduced halves. And just wish:) (phase daggers are nice wish to if you didn't found it;))

Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6314 days, 16 hours, 19 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 15, 2002 at 17:18 (GMT -5)

This thread definetly should be in spoilers...

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin
Yo Mama
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 18, 2002 at 17:39 (GMT -5)

I seem to have the worst of luck! I started as a high elven fighter and got to level 11 and then Duke Ravage came over to help me and he went down to dwarf town and dropped a ton of stuff and got a 291. not only did my guy die but his file got erased as well. Then the next day Duke Ravage came over again and killed another high elven fighter of mine (level 9), this time he died vs. a group of spiders in the puppy cave. First of all, what is a 291, second of all is it just me or does Duke Ravage suck at ADOM.
Grim
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 18, 2002 at 17:48 (GMT -5)

Now thats not very nice. I bet Duke Ravage is better than you.

[Poll removed]
Yo Mama
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 18, 2002 at 17:54 (GMT -5)

Please jan, get rid of that pole. My friend olin seems to like joking around on forums. Anyway tha t pole has nothing to do with adom.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 18, 2002 at 21:24 (GMT -5)

Moved here from the ADOM forum because it got kinda spoily.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 18, 2002 at 22:20 (GMT -5)

hey, I didn't see any problem with the poll. and besides nate, you suck. how many times have you gotten 100k pts? how many times have you gotten through the dwarven elder quests?? hmm???
I got to dwarftown within about 10 games (after i figured out how to play, which took about 5 chars), and had gotten through all the dwarf quests (except Nonnok) after about 50 more.
and also, how many of you have won the game? and how long did it take you??

ivan.sourceforge.net

Have you won?
Yes  No
Check results

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/18/2002 at 22:22 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
raven
Registered user

Last page view:

7132 days, 24 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 at 02:47 (GMT -5)

just FYI i have one the game EXACTLY 1 time G16.2pre, with a gnomish wizzard....nothing fancy
no really cool stuff, no bugs to boost speed isanely, just a buff little wizz, killed everything on 50 and walked home<tried to get the W unicorn to stand out with me but he wasnt cooperating, will place about 25th in the G16 HoF when i get around to posting it...my last best game i broke my neck in a pit trap on the Manna lvl, i had 130 hp's left....i almost cried, but getting to dwarftown should be makeable w/some knowlege of the game (eg you get there once, get there as fast as possible)leave the dang puppy out of it, come back for the corpse when you can handel it.... Just my opinion...
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5823 days, 14 hours, 32 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 at 02:48 (GMT -5)

"A pole at a local school has revealed that many students chain their bikes to it"

I think it's about time that the polls were removed, there's no real use for them - i've never seen them actually been used for anything sensable.

Also if it's not decided to get rid of them perhaps you can change it so when you click an answer it shows you the results aswell.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7770 days, 23 hours, 43 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 at 06:01 (GMT -5)

IMO the polls should remain.You never know when you might need em.
Here's a poll for a poll.Sorry for the pun.

P.s : I'm just curious.What was the deleted poll about?

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.

Should the poll be removed
Yes  No
Check results

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 at 10:42 (GMT -5)

it was about whether i was better than Yo Mama.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 at 12:46 (GMT -5)

OIC.And is Yo Mama you friend Nate?

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 at 21:24 (GMT -5)

yes.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 at 01:46 (GMT -5)

So who voted for the poll to be removed.Dougy?

Yo Mama
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 21, 2002 at 10:47 (GMT -5)

me, I thought it had nothng to do with adom. And considering that he has been playing for a long time, he should me a great deal better thatn me. And from what I remember it took him about 100 tries to get dwarf town, wwile it took me 20
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 21, 2002 at 13:15 (GMT -5)

Good argument.But I'm not sure that makes you a better player.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 21, 2002 at 19:55 (GMT -5)

100?! yea right. i did it in way fewer than 100. and besides, you do realise that you had some resources I didn't:
1)me helping you
2)spoiler sites
3)these guys (although you haven't tappped this one very much)
and how would you know how long it took me to get to dwarftown, when i played through with Duke Ravage (the high elf fighter) you barely even knew that ADOM existed except for me telling you that you can eat monsters corpses and cast cool spells.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Yo Mama
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, March 22, 2002 at 10:49 (GMT -5)

YAAAAAAA RRIIIIIGGHT! You are the only one who has helped me, and not by much at all, you taught me a couple of keys , thats it. Duke Ravage, was a not too long ago, it was way after you had gotten good at the game.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 23, 2002 at 17:15 (GMT -5)

Yeah, yeah, stop arguing already...

I have played ADOM for more than 3 years and never won. I showed it to a friend of mine and after a few mounths he won the first time...

Guess you can say that he is better than me, but we have completely different playing styles (he prefeer real though and strong characters, I prefeer spellcasters, and never throw away a character (he quut like 90% of his because they start out with to low stats)), so it's hard to compare (he have even won with a dark elven merchant though)...

But so what? As long as you have fun playing that's all that realy matter IMHO. If the two of you want to compete about who is best, go right ahead, tough do it in another way that starting a shouting match on the forums.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 24, 2002 at 00:58 (GMT -5)

sorry. IMHO he should stop posting what he thinks about my skill and turn his head and say it to me. i should probably do the same thing, but hey, if he can do it so can i.
IMHO he's just intent on making me look like a fool to you all.

BTW, you are right, about the fun part that is. although i'm kinda gettin sick of having my path blocked by rivers. i had a troll fighter who couldn't make any progress due to having rivers in the PC and in the CoC, both just before my goal in going down the cave in the first place. also i'm gettin tired of the lack of altars.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 24, 2002 at 14:39 (GMT -5)

Adom is fun.However I havent played it in over a month and I wont until the next version is released.No time really.

Yo Mama
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 25, 2002 at 11:04 (GMT -5)

No, actually adam, I was only giving you a taste of your own medicine. You always say that I suck even though I have been playing for only a few weeks. And after you kill my guys a couple times in a row it would make anyone mad.
Grim
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 25, 2002 at 11:08 (GMT -5)

Mabey you two should stop obsesing over each others skill and talk about somthing else, like the black tome of Asaphawhatever.

By the way has any one tried the wish cheat

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/25/2002 at 11:10 (GMT -5) by its author]

Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 25, 2002 at 12:00 (GMT -5)

Tried the what? Never heard of it... Ah, the n00b I am...
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 25, 2002 at 18:04 (GMT -5)

the cheat i came up with, where you use the wish spell to get 99 PoGAs and enough holy water to make them all blessed, then wish up all the other stuff you want (AoLSs, SoCRs, E2HSs, etc.), then go bless the PoGAs and drink them all. gets you the EQ you need, as well as getting your stats to 99, all for only the time it takes you to regen your HP and PP each time, and the time it takes you to drink the potions. should give you a virtually unlimited # of wishes, as long as you use them before drinking the potions.

could someone send me a lv 50 wisard with the wish spell so i can try it?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: