Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / 2 Filks ?!?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Drendil
Registered user

Last page view:

7829 days, 1 hour, 35 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 25, 2002 at 06:21 (GMT -5)

I went to look for Filk in the infinity. I went down to lvl 296 'cause my first kill was a rat (this char was suppoused to die early). I checked some other levels (goblins, kobolds etc.) too but I never found Filk.

Somehow I managed to get back from the depths of infinity (MM, teleport) without turning into a WMoPC. I took one step towards the woods and there Filk is, asking to join my company. I take him to the Mad Minstrel and wonder why Filk was in wilderness... After seeing that Filk wont do anything unusual I take him with me into Terinyo.

During the trip I encounter Filk, who wants to join my company. I answer yes and think that Filk just left my company earlier, but in Terinyo, I notice that TWO Filks are with me!?!

I killed one of them in the woods and got the TotRR, but the other Filk is still in Terinyo. Now I'm going to go to the library and get the Weird tome, maybe Filk has somethin to say about that... have to try to give him the strange msg too.

Anyway, I think that there's some trigger that summons Filk into the wilderness if you pass the lvl he's on. And since I must have passed that lvl twice, ADOM summons two Filks due to some bug.

Drendil
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7756 days, 22 hours, 26 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 at 09:29 (GMT -5)

And In infinity once I tamed a few monsters. Cave lion, giant rat and large bat. I calmed, healing and tamed by music;) Of korz named it. And live alone. I was very suprsed when I meet my compannions in wildernes.
After it when I meet in ID white Unicorns. I allways named it. And after when I'm traveling in wildernes I meet this same Unicorns who wants join to me. Maybe this same was in your cause when you didn't found Filk?

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

4 days, 21 hours, 31 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 at 23:28 (GMT -5)

Hmm, defenenly a bug, but I think I know what cause it.

You are partly right Drendil, though the feature is not exclusive to Filk. Basicaly to avoid having unique NPC's getting lost forever there is a feature that cause unique NPC's (and pets) to re-apear in the wilderness and requesting to join you if you left them behind in a location that is not saved (wildernes or ID levels).

Guess the problem with Filk is that unlike MaLakAs (or what's his name) Filk's level isn't "special" so he is re-generated every time you visit his level. So if you went past his level and back up again you have "lost" Filk twise, and there are two copies of him running around in the Wilderness looking for you.

Defenently a bug, I suggest you report it.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7771 days, 19 hours, 31 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 28, 2002 at 03:34 (GMT -5)

IIRC someone already reported it.It's an old bug.
IIRC Dougy couldnt do an Ultra ending cos he killed Filk twice.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5824 days, 10 hours, 20 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 28, 2002 at 23:48 (GMT -5)

Yup, bloody thing! Hrmmm perhaps filk scumming could be an interesting thing... go up and down the stairs on his level to load him many many times and leave him behind.

I'm pretty sure i submitted a bug report on that one...

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Portrait
Drendil
Registered user

Last page view:

7829 days, 1 hour, 35 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 30, 2002 at 09:08 (GMT -5)

hmm... ok got that.

What about the weird tome thing? Has anyone tried giving that to Filk? ...or the strange msg?

Drendil
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5824 days, 10 hours, 20 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 31, 2002 at 21:52 (GMT -5)

Interesting thought... i'll give it a try - also a thought came to mind, since you can get experience without killing monsters, what happens if you get to level 45 without actually killing a monster while holding needle and talk to the assassin prince (companions can do the killing). Will filk be in the wilderness or something?

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3750 days, 6 hours, 13 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 31, 2002 at 22:57 (GMT -5)

Ummm... think about what you just said.... level 45 without killing anything?!!! You don't get xp from what your companions kill... I've never even got to level two without killing anything!

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 01, 2002 at 10:14 (GMT -5)

There is no way that would work. First of all if anyone is actualy patient enough to level up to level 45 just from trap scumming the background corruption would be way to much to handle.

Secondly you can't actualy get Needle without killing a scertain Whyrm IIRC. It's not dropped, so you can't get a companion to kill it for you, and unless you do the killing you won't get the reward for the quest...

Besides, if it was possible, the result would probably just be that the game crashes or that Filk is not generated at all...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5760 days, 3 hours, 4 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 09, 2002 at 04:58 (GMT -5)

Didn't someone in the "challenge mini xpxp" thread say that you could also gain xp from pickpocketing? Wounding monsters badly enough that they panic and then offering them peace also gives some xp, IIRC.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 09, 2002 at 18:33 (GMT -5)

Ok, so you get a little exp from pick pocketing and pacifying monsters. However it's still next to impossible to get anywhere that way, especialy if your goal is to not kill anything. A freak critical hit and the monster is dead rather than panicky, and while you are busy pick pocketing you risk getting cornered with no option but to fight your way clear (unless you happen to have some means of teleport or confution)...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
p_ouji
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 at 06:56 (GMT -5)

Re: Needle

With my last scummed Titanium Man(lvl11),
I recieved the Needle reward even though
my companion slayed the certain Wyrm.
Portrait
Thoth
Registered user
The Scribe

Last page view:

6187 days, 15 hours, 25 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 at 16:04 (GMT -5)

Can you wish for Filk, and then not have to venture so deep? Anyone? :)

--<>||<>--
calvin
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 at 22:13 (GMT -5)

anyone get filk no level 66? that would be weird.
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2002 at 04:18 (GMT -5)

nope MaLaKaI can be found on levels 65-67 so Filk and MaLaKaI together is practical imposible. And Filk is always on his level. You can find him lots of times.
Wish for Filk can be dangerous;)

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Jek
Registered user
the Mindless

Last page view:

6072 days, 17 hours, 55 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2002 at 08:06 (GMT -5)

Yep.. %))
enough..
(though if you quite a some and have food preservation and some .. of hunting stuff you can speed you up realy much)
also try to wish for Emperor Moloch ;)
another god idea ;)

differently yours
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2002 at 09:17 (GMT -5)

only if you must get lots of exp...... But greater molochs aren't dangerous if you are smart... They are thought but realy slow

Portrait
Jek
Registered user
the Mindless

Last page view:

6072 days, 17 hours, 55 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2002 at 10:02 (GMT -5)

Yep hit-run-wait-hit-run-wait tactics against greater molochs is cool. %)

differently yours

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: