Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Rebrennok, the large snake

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jnuh
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, January 09, 2014 at 12:02 (GMT -5)

So I've been playing ADOM off and on for years, and I've never seen this before. "Rebrennok, the large snake," at UD 2 with a lvl 5 PC. He seemed to be guarding an artifact (scorched spear). He panicked quickly and I finished him off relatively easily with a combination of melee and fire bolt.

Is this something new in one of latest versions/patches? Or have I just somehow never run into this before? I can post links to screenshots if requested.
Jnuh
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, January 09, 2014 at 12:08 (GMT -5)

Ok, did a little digging on Google. Looks like a randomly generated named artifact guardian. Never seen one before. Do they scale with PC level? Anyone ever seen one generated so early in the game?
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

4 days, 3 hours, 29 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 13, 2014 at 03:16 (GMT -5)

They scale with the dungeon danger level I believe.

It's fairly rare, but not unheard of them for them to pop up that early. the scorched spear (along with the rune sling) being fairly common low level artifacts.

I've had guarded artifacts show up int he small cave several times, but that cave is a bit specials since the danger level there ramps up rater sharply based on PC level.
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: