Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Downloading ADOM

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Gavindale Marchovia
Registered user
Gavindale

Last page view:

3438 days, 9 hours, 10 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2014 at 20:08 (GMT -5)

I plan on downloading the ADOM game via the link Jan Erik sent me in one of the previous responses to my old thread -- http://www.ancardia.com/download.html - now, I am not 100% savvy on the downloading processs, would there be any special intructions beyond downloading the initial program, running it, and extracting the files to a new directory? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

13 hours, 33 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2014 at 14:55 (GMT -5)

Nope, nothing to it.

Just download the zip file, extract it wherever you want it and then run the "adom.exe" file. No installation required.

Just a small word of warning. If you use the main download link via zippyshare shady advertisers like to put banner ads on the page that look like download buttons, make sure you click the right thing (orange button on the top right) DO NOT install the Imesh thing or whatever it is they pop up if you click the wrong thing, not sure why they allow those guys to advertise on there. Don't think it's actually harmful but using cheap ticks like that to get people to click their ads make me distrust the company immensely.
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/6/2014 at 15:01 (GMT -5) by Jan Erik]
Gavindale Marchovia
Registered user
Gavindale

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, July 07, 2014 at 09:32 (GMT -5)

Thanks for the heads up! These people you speak of, do they give out viruses or malware? Or simply clutter things up with ads and such? How do I make sure I don't click on their links? For the "adom.exe" files, can I make a shortcut with that? Would make things that much easier when I can just click on a icon on the desktop.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

13 hours, 33 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2014 at 21:03 (GMT -5)

Don't know much about them, think it installs a browser toolbar and change your default search engine if you let it. Not a virus as such. Just don't like it when companies use deceptive tricks like that with ads.

Anyway yes you can naturally create a shortcut to the exe file. Drag it to the desktop while holding down the Alt key, or right click and "Send to -> Desktop (create shortcut)" or any other way you care to do it.
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Gavindale Marchovia
Registered user
Gavindale

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, July 21, 2014 at 16:54 (GMT -5)

Ok, I downloaded the link you sent me the other day, and unzipped the file. I click on adom.exe, and I get the following message...

This application has failed to start because zlilb.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Anyway, that's where I am so far. Can you help me with this situation?

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: