Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / The Cat Lord

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Craig
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 at 09:08 (GMT -5)

Hmmm, I've killed a couple of cats and now got to the cat lord level, but he isn't hostile - he won't give me the ring either.

Is that normal? If I talk to him he justs says "Go Away, don't bother me" (or somthing like that)
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6292 days, 9 hours, 42 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 at 11:21 (GMT -5)

Umm... I don't have much knowledge about cat lord but I think you haven't killed enough cats for getting the lord hostile. But you've still killed cats so it won't give you the ring.

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5801 days, 7 hours, 55 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 at 20:03 (GMT -5)

Hmmm it seems unusual, i get the feeling this is a random thing tho - the same that works for any monsters. IMO he should really be hostile if any cats were killed so i think this might be a bug.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7870 days, 2 hours, 30 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2002 at 05:57 (GMT -5)

The Cat Lord is hostile from the first cat you kill. Though he can of course become neutral for various, unkown to me, reasons. Pehaps he'll become neutral towards bards? Anyone who can verify this?

In any case, he will not give you the ring if you kill one cat or a hundred, regardless his standing towards you.

Locke Cole
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5737 days, 39 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2002 at 06:59 (GMT -5)

Sometimes monsters just seem to "forget" that they are hostile. Mostly I notice this in Lawenilothehl - I'll look at an inhabitant, he'll be hostile, I'll retreat from him in Coward mode and sometimes he'll stop following and it'll say that he does not care about me. I've done this to avoid cats as well. It seems to work better if you have good Stealth, and my friend suggested that it could be because the monsters don't notice you any more. Don't know whether this can happen with unique monsters though.
J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 at 06:11 (GMT -5)

Craig: You weren't playing a druid ? IIRC animals are not hostile towards druids and apparently the cat lord is some kind of animal as well.
J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 at 06:11 (GMT -5)

Oops, double clicked on Send accidentally...

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/15/2002 at 06:12 (GMT -5) by its author]
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6292 days, 9 hours, 42 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2002 at 01:58 (GMT -5)

The cat lord seems to be like werewolves, so it's more like human than an animal... So if you're druid or not shouldn't matter in any ways.

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin
Portrait
Archangel
Registered user
The Creator's servant

Last page view:

7328 days, 1 minute and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2002 at 05:57 (GMT -5)

Speaking of monsters... I've never got that far to see really out-of-depht monster. I've whacked some orb guardians... But which one do you guys consider to be the nastiest monster in the game (excluding AnDy)?? Emperor Lich? Greater Balor? Keriax? Ancient karmic Dragon?

I hereby announce that I am more than willing to kill anyone who dares to cross my way

Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2002 at 07:29 (GMT -5)

j > No I was playing as bard.

Hardest monster has got to be AnDoR, just done him, took for ever and took 10-15 off some of my stats, and ebeded up heavilt corrupted too.
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5737 days, 39 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2002 at 07:59 (GMT -5)

Going berserk against Andor helps. A lot. So does boosting your speed and all your stats before facing him.

I'd say emperor lich is the nastiest monster in absolute terms, because there's no way to insta-kill them, and getting next to them is dangerous. Keriax is tough in melee, but he falls to Death Ray, and so do ancient karmic dragons. There's only one greater balor in the game and you can just avoid him.

Nastiest monster relative to the level of a typical character meeting it for the first time would probably be the black druid. He always seems to drain my stats, so I don't do that quest if I can help it. Ogre magi are pretty nasty too when you first encounter them.

Has anyone ever tried to analyse which monsters kill most characters?
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7733 days, 20 hours, 2 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2002 at 10:30 (GMT -5)

Emperor Lich is one of the most dangerous monster in ADOM. He can summon practically any nonuinque monster in game. Stat drain is dangerous only when you trying kill him in melee combat. And if you haven't Sting and Needle don't fight with him. He recover his HP to fast. (Use this wonderfull daggers to wound Andy, with this precious combat with him is possibility to win).
Extremaly experienced EL (level over than 40) can confused and drain 50 lev necromancer (stat drain 2~4 random stat about 3~5 stat point) Not much, but 50 lev necro has 90% resistance for special undeads atack.
Other dangerous monster are extremaly experienced ghosts. Unaturaled agin. In IDin tencion room my 50 lev F grey elven necro fought with ghosts. Only 10% of all critical hits was finished with mesage you are age.
And last word about monsters. In ID any monster are deadly for PC, any below 500 level of dungeon.

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5634 days, 7 hours, 8 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2002 at 11:07 (GMT -5)

Not fun is running into a tension room full of ghost bats when you're a lv 3 human priest... my poor guy was aged 62 years very quickly.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6940 days, 12 hours, 42 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2002 at 15:06 (GMT -5)

Yes, Duke, I had such a problem once. The worst thing is their fly-through-wall ability. In few turns my hero was surrounded.

Portrait
Archangel
Registered user
The Creator's servant

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2002 at 15:17 (GMT -5)

Hmmmm...I've fought against Lich kings and killed many of 'em. They were bad enough but apparently an Emperor Lich is much more dangerous. What about Ancien Blue Wyrm or MaLaKaI? (And what the h%#& is wyrm anyway?!)

I hereby announce that I am more than willing to kill anyone who dares to cross my way
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 days, 13 hours, 54 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2002 at 18:23 (GMT -5)

AFAIK a wyrm is sort of like a cross between a snake and a dragon, they have all the "powers" of a dragon (depending somewhat on what type and in what "world" you find them), but they have a long snake like body (with the exception of 2 pairs of small legs at each end of the body and wings) instead of the more "blocky" lizard like apearance of traditional dragons...

At least that is what I have understood with wyrms, maybe I'm confusing them with asian dragons, though I think those are more agin to the Ki-rins

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Archangel
Registered user
The Creator's servant

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2002 at 19:05 (GMT -5)

Thanks Jan.
There are plenty of odd monsters in ADOM. It would be nice to see how some illustrator would picture a wyrm or a dragon turtle(?).
Ummm...another dum question: I've never realized what's the difference between goblin and hobgoblin and kobold. Could someone tell me this ? The Penquin English dictionary describes kobold to be the same as goblin...

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2002 at 20:44 (GMT -5)

Goblin: a little short nastyish thing.
Hobgoblin: a bigger, smarter goblin.
Kobold: a person with the head of a dog.

if you want to know what something is more precisely than their name, 'l'ook at it and hit 'm'ore.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6940 days, 12 hours, 42 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 24, 2002 at 00:12 (GMT -5)

I thought that gnoll has a dog's face. And kobolds are unedible goblins ;)

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 24, 2002 at 00:31 (GMT -5)

no, gnolls are like big, cruel people with the head of a hyena. and yea, kobolds in ADOM might as well be inedible goblins.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

7622 days, 15 hours, 9 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 24, 2002 at 00:49 (GMT -5)

I got emeperor lich in UL (the great blue wyrm Shucherizzada :)... he summoned extrememly quickling queens!! that is by far the worst thing can happen! I didn't know (yet then) that poisoning was boosted up in adom100, so I teleported away, but got killed by poisoning... 400 dmg with one single "You feel poison coursing through your veins!" message... :(

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7733 days, 20 hours, 2 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 24, 2002 at 06:14 (GMT -5)

Stas hmmmm meybe your PC was just poisoned by lots of queens (with lots of poisoning atacs)? Your PC had a lots of poison doses and it's additionaly damage

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 5/24/2002 at 06:18 (GMT -5) by BM]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: