Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Si destroyed!

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7182 days, 23 hours, 52 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 11, 2002 at 12:12 (GMT -5)

Damn! I just destroyed it (maybe with Lightning Bolt?). Is it very important? :(
It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, May 11, 2002 at 12:14 (GMT -5)

Oh, it was a climbing set, and i've just got it from kobold that picked it up :)
haha! :)
PS I am L12 now!! YES! :)
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5661 days, 4 hours, 43 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 12, 2002 at 00:54 (GMT -5)

12? hmm. i just lost a lv 19 elementalist... after figureing out how to get out of a swarm of white worms that reproduced faster than i could kill them (and i was out of spells), i went through the DH. it was evilly hard, so i decided to take the AF on the way back. unfortunately there were about 15 hostile trees there, and they quickly halted my progress. i couldn't cope, even though i was lv 7 (8?) with my adamantium scimitar and 9 with my crystal medium shield. sucked...
i'll post the .flg in a bit.

ivan.sourceforge.net
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, May 12, 2002 at 01:32 (GMT -5)

heh, i was killed too :(
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5763 days, 22 hours, 14 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 12, 2002 at 12:22 (GMT -5)

Duke, it's strange that you seem to die in the AF a lot. I assume you are trying your best to just keep moving and not attack the trees unless it's the only way to move forward? If you are surrounded, I find it helps to look at all the trees surrounding you to check which are hostile and only attack the hostile ones. It's probably a bad idea to cast attack spells in there, since Burning Hands will make them all mad, and anything else would likely hit some peaceful trees. Invisibility is very useful in there too. I noticed in a nearby thread that your character had stiff muscles. This is generally regarded as one of the awful corruptions that should be removed immediately, and perhaps it caused your difficulties in the AF.

I hope some of that helps - I'm sure you were somewhat ahead of me when I joined these forums, so you really ought to be winning the game by now :-)
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, May 12, 2002 at 15:11 (GMT -5)

winning? i wish...
i know how to deal with the AF (usually) and have only lost 2 chars in there. i was doing all that you said. i wish i had had invis, but had drank my 2 invis potions trying to get away from worms (then i remembered that gods can sterilize reproducers) so i couldn't use that... that FLG had killed ~1750 white worms.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5828 days, 5 hours, 30 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 13, 2002 at 20:05 (GMT -5)

Hrmmm, no corruptions should be removed immediately. Save your ! and ?s. All corruptions can be coped with.

Personally i prefer the DH approach, there's a greater chance of getting good equipment, sometimes you get some really easy kills that give heaps of experience. Also the chance of a RoDS is too tempting. I've been rings into potions of exchange there after my one go with getting 8 RoDS out of it.
And it's generally quicker.
Just be a bit careful and make sure you have the guaranteed (or another) wand of teleportation. Potions of invisability can be quite handy from time to time too.
Although watch out for vortacies, they're almost always instakills if they explode.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, May 13, 2002 at 20:36 (GMT -5)

i didn't go back through there because there were some monsters there i couldn't deal with w/o spells (i'd drained all my spells).

ivan.sourceforge.net
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 at 13:59 (GMT -5)

Si couldn't be destroyed, 'cause it's an artifact!
I AM A FOOL! :-D
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6967 days, 10 hours, 17 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 at 00:21 (GMT -5)

Yes you are :-D (joke :)))

eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 at 04:10 (GMT -5)

yOuNgEr cHaOs OwL?! That's cool! :D
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6967 days, 10 hours, 17 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 at 08:25 (GMT -5)

Thanks.
I had to change my "Unregistered user" title cause it wasn't funny at all. I guess this one is a lot better :-)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/15/2002 at 08:27 (GMT -5) by Guinea]
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7760 days, 17 hours, 36 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 at 11:14 (GMT -5)

Duke pass by DH can be very dangerous. Great chance for hard monsters better idea is just enter and imidiatly exit from DH and return leter.... Or pass by AT and go to DH when your PC is really good... Beter idea to find some nice stuff is digging on grevyard. Great chance for SLB, hunting bow, water and others.... Yes I know DH is more safe than EL..... But without risc there is no honor... When I play necro I allways digging on grevyard high resistance for specialll atack is very nice... In AF is really goot idea is equip to shields. No chance for accidental atack

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: