Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / OOC commentary

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 11 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7178 days, 18 hours, 1 minute and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 at 14:25 (GMT -5)

HEY!! WHY IS NO ONE POSTING?!!
AND SHALL WE END THE "TALE"?

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5656 days, 22 hours, 52 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 at 14:40 (GMT -5)

i don't think it'd be too bad of an idea to end TGT. after all, it would be nice to finally end an RP. *g*
in a month or so i'll be back in California, and i'll set to work clearing out OOC stuff. eventually maybe we can put it on the newsgroup...?

ivan.sourceforge.net
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 at 11:04 (GMT -5)

btw, i didn't manage to sign 'coz i'm lame: don't know "NNTP server"...

Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1649 days, 37 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 at 11:08 (GMT -5)

Does anyone wanna take over Dr. Nobody's job on my Freak story (I should rename it...)

Iridia's post has left me stumped as to what to write.
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

3749 days, 19 hours, 32 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 29, 2002 at 02:13 (GMT -5)

Re: Goblin Tale
Cool. I like the ending... I've written a bit to wrap things up. We could always do a sequel though; after all, the amulet wasn't destroyed...

Re: Freak Story
Sorry about stumping you--here's a couple of ideas--

Chances are, Callista and her group will be followed by quite a few of the orcs once they find out what happened. Reiko and Laenril can probably slip through the in the confusion. Their resources: Len's map, Laenril's ventriloquism, and possibly borrowed armor from the dead orcs. I'm going to post on my part of the story now (nobody have a heart attack... I know I've been lazy lately!).

Incidentally, have we thought about how Reiko is going to survive being so close to Yriggs (a near-Chaos creature)?

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/29/2002 at 02:14 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 29, 2002 at 03:37 (GMT -5)

Reiko's gonna have a corruption effect for his troubles. Which should I implement?

So many good ones
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 29, 2002 at 03:38 (GMT -5)

Don't worry about you "being lazy" Iridia. I knew somebody would think of something to write. What do we do about the missing docter though?
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 29, 2002 at 03:42 (GMT -5)

You mean the healer?... he's not missing, is he?...

Oh, BTW Duke, the newsgroup idea sounds cool to me :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/29/2002 at 03:51 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 29, 2002 at 04:23 (GMT -5)

Laenril's group should meet up with Callista's group soon to take care of the small problem.

No. DrNoBody is missing in action. We need someone else to take his/her place.

I KNEW I'd think of someting eventually.
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 29, 2002 at 22:07 (GMT -5)

Oh! *light bulb* You meant the PERSON... not the character :) Usually we just take over for anyone who leaves and kinda share the character. Look at Fire (the orcish alchemist) for example... the guy who started him managed about four posts, and after that the rest of us took over...

But if anyone wants the character they should have him. Or--DrNoBody, are you still lurking? Speak up... :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 at 23:40 (GMT -5)

looks like people have been busy over christmas break. cool. i've got lots of reading to do... *g*
about another month before i'm back in california, and can do more stuff in here. iridia, if you want to, maybe you could start editing the Goblin Tale for the newsgroup? (of course you can't do it in here, you'll have to turn it into a word file first...) if no, i'll start in on it when i get back to CA.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 04, 2003 at 07:33 (GMT -5)

The Goblin Tale has finally been compiled and edited. Quite a task, too... you all owe me one!!

I mostly corrected grammar and spelling, though in a couple of places (including some of my own sections) I re-wrote a sentence or two to make things clearer. I also added an epilogue... it should make it possible for us to write sequels if we want. Tell me if I didn't do something right, or changed something to say what you didn't want to say...

By the way, congrats to everyone who worked on the story... we finally finished a role-play, and I think it turned out pretty good too! :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 05, 2003 at 12:18 (GMT -5)

yay

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 05, 2003 at 22:48 (GMT -5)

now. who wants to post it on the newsgroup? *g*

i was thinking about it... the way you have it is pretty good, iridia, but it would be much nicer looking if the names weren't in the middle, marking who wrote what, but rather all at the top under the title (i.e. "The Goblin Tale, by Duke Ravage, Iridia, Stone Giant, etc...) and possibly with the real names rather than the screannames (although we should get the permission first of course). let me know what you think.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 06, 2003 at 01:38 (GMT -5)

I can remove the names easily if you want. It's only two minutes' work and will help the story flow nicely. I didn't remove them at first because I didn't know how possessive of your sections you all were. :) I'll take them off though if it's OK with everyone.

Unfortunately, with real names, we'll have a bit of trouble finding out who Stone Giant is. Other than that, I don't see a problem with it if you all don't... we'll end up having to wait for everyone to check in though.

Duke, I think you should post it to the newsgroup... I've done enough already, thank you very much! :) (Besides, I've only posted to the newsgroup about five times so my name wouldn't be recognized...)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
duke ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 at 11:39 (GMT -5)

i'll post it ... once i get it to work. =( i just tried but for some reason google freaked out on me and wouldn't let me log in to post, or start a new account, or hardly anything really. oh well.

on the ADOM RP2, here's kinda my thought pattern: meridon and fire have been captured by the lizardmen, leaving Iridia and Konan to try to find them. possibilities:
1) Konan realizes Iridia and he need shelter for the night, so after some wandering they find a cave, which happens to contain meridon and fire and many many lizardmen (and their pets).
2) Konan and Iridia begin wandering, looking for meridon and fire, and some lizardmen ambush them. some fighting, followed by a hasty retreat by the lizardmen. konan and iridia follow them to a cave, which contains meridon, fire, and many many lizardmen (and their pets).

in any case, i'm thinking that the cave has an undergound passage to the other side of the river (which they use to get their pets - lizards, etc - across the river), which we maybe use to get over (after fighting a boss-type or two, perhaps the leader of the lizardmen, and then his biggest pet - both times the leader runs away after a while, the second time perhaps w/o his pet *g*).
any thoughts?
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 at 07:12 (GMT -5)

uh.. guys, i am so lame so i can't even sign on a newsgroup!!! What the hellish NNTP server?! :(

duke ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, January 30, 2003 at 18:42 (GMT -5)

OK, i finally am not only back but got around to making Google let me post the edited Goblin Tale. I gave credit to all authors in one place, and also did mention the chance of there being a sequel (that being the all-telling Maybe). I only used the screen names, rather than real names (except my own which was kinda hard to avoid posting, and Jan Erik's because it's his screen name).

now all we have to do is finish another one. then we can all be happy. *g*
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 31, 2003 at 15:50 (GMT -5)

I just realized we have a problem in ADOM RP-2. Before diving into the river, Konan dropped his sword (the better to swim w/o all that weight). Yet not long afterwards, he deflects an arrow with that same sword that he no longer has.

Iridia, any ideas how we can overcome this?

ivan.sourceforge.net
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5658 days, 5 hours, 42 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 31, 2003 at 16:05 (GMT -5)

Ehh, sorry, this is off topic but why any idea why I don't see your avatar Duke?
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 31, 2003 at 16:22 (GMT -5)

Oops, you're right, Duke; it's fixed now. I didn't realize Konan had dropped his sword--should've read your post more carefully. This is the second time I've done this... just like with the position of the ghost in the goblin tale... that took some doing to straighten out!

Feel free to smack me with a muddy snowball if I do it again! ;)

By the way--I asked my sister (a poor girl raised fundamentalist-Christian who me and her boyfriend just started to corrupt into reading fantasy books... maybe soon I'll show her how to play ADoM ;) ) to review our story. For future reference I'll post her comments here--

"Overall, it was a good story. Not Tolkien, but good. The dialogue was too modern for a medieval fantasy, it seemed a little out of place." (Note that she has been reading Tolkien lately, in which characters regularly make three paragraph speeches without stopping for breath.) She also said she liked the way we developed the characters.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 31, 2003 at 17:04 (GMT -5)

i think my avatar got deleted off the net.

thx for fixing that iridia, i'll post teh battle scene after school.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 13, 2003 at 05:54 (GMT -5)

Looks like we got some good comments on the Goblin Tale... not too many people wanted to read it all though--it IS a bit long. :) Thanks for posting it on RGRA.

As for RP2: Wow... a necromancer. That's going to be interesting, especially since necromancy is a chaotic skill. Everyone but Iridia is neutral, so they shouldn't have too much of a problem; but I predict a bit of conflict between Iridia and Vexander once this crisis passes.

Sorry I can't post a lot today; I've got a physics project due. YOU try calculating acceleration for thirty-six different experimental measurements...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 14, 2003 at 16:27 (GMT -5)

I'd just like to repeat the fact that this is the place for commentary. Praise, comments, etc should go in here, rather than in the stories.

(Haxot, I'm talking to you. *g*)

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 23, 2003 at 04:06 (GMT -5)

Re: Freak story (Can anybody come up with a better title?)

I REALLY need someone to fill Dr. NoBody's shoes as I'm out of ideas. the group should meet reletively soon (next post) and seeing as my character is out like a light and Iridia's character is nursing an arm, Dr. NoBody's character should pick up the slack.

Anyone wanna be a dark elf artifacer named Laenril? All you have to do is save the world from a horrible fate by teaming up with a cripple and an assassin. It can't be THAT hard :)

Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 23, 2003 at 05:07 (GMT -5)

Hey Duke!!! Want a free dark elf artificer? :)

By the way...
Careful with your character, Ryan. He's a bit overpowered for a level 1-5 character. That special power thing he did should cause permanent stat loss of some kind, or some other major negative consequence... I dunno, just make sure it's balanced...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 23, 2003 at 14:39 (GMT -5)

hmm...... Well, he's incapacitated. I agree though. I got lost in the moment. hmm... not stat drain... ridiculously low hp/pp until we get to the doctor to fix him (waaaaay later in the game.) He wouldn't be tempted to pull another stunt like that again as it would kill him and I don't want the story to end THAT way.

Portrait
Vennom
Registered user
Champion of the Undead

Last page view:

7709 days, 22 hours, 55 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 24, 2003 at 01:49 (GMT -5)

Heh. Didn't notice that this thread was available until Ryan's recent post brought it up to the top of the Stories Forum >:-)

First of all: Duke and Iridia, thanks for letting me join yer story! It's a blast, and fun to write with other talented roleplayers.

Also, I'm not sure how long I can keep posting here; 'Net bills are due, and money's hard to come by these days. Therefore, I wondered, would it be possible to perhaps start a rpg story through E-mail sometime? (I use a free E-mail provider that does not require the Internet.)

I realize that this is most likely not possible, and if that's the case, you can do whatever you like with Vex in the current story (after I leave here, of course; I intend to keep posting as long as possible! >:-D )

If it turns out that an E-mail story IS possible, my addy is: vennom333@juno.com.

Thanks either way! I'll post here again soon, after someone else has taken a turn. AAAAAAAALLLLLLrightythen!

"The dead aren't so bad, once you get to know them."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/24/2003 at 01:50 (GMT -5) by Vennom]
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 24, 2003 at 07:34 (GMT -5)

You could still continue on this one. I check my e-mail daily and could mail you new posts on the story as they came out, and post yours...

This is actually much better a situation than we've been in, in the past... other role-players (Amanda Sedai, very noticeably...) have left their characters without so much as a goodbye. If you check your e-mail often too, we could do that... what do you say?

Ryan: Thanks. That's a good idea.

EDIT: Oh, yes ;) Silly me. No one on here actually knows my new e-mail. It's s1416348@cedarville.edu. If you can't get through (network down or something) try portia13895@yahoo.com or lisa450@yahoo.com. But only if you can't get through, because I check the second two only once a week or so...

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 2/24/2003 at 07:42 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 25, 2003 at 02:27 (GMT -5)

ugh... pile of numbers... *g*

yea i was about to suggest that, and my e-mail is easier to remember (although i don't check it every day without fail, i do check it fairly often.) it's sir_happy@hotmail.com if you're too lazy to look in my profile thing...

vex: on your character, i do have one slight problem. where'd he learn advanced fireball? i don't recall any shamans around upstairs... well in any case, he ought to be pretty out of the picture for the time being, and with our other friends in trouble, it may just be time for another rescue by everybody's favorite unnamed elven archer. *g* either that or Fire and Meridon figured out a way out of their bonds and come help. Or Iridia gets to them. who knows... i'd write but i should go to bed. besides, i had to try three times to spell "write" right (i also tried "wright" which is wrong. yay! got that one in one try!)

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/25/2003 at 02:55 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: