Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / OOC commentary

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 11 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5661 days, 21 hours, 32 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 25, 2003 at 02:27 (GMT -5)

ugh... pile of numbers... *g*

yea i was about to suggest that, and my e-mail is easier to remember (although i don't check it every day without fail, i do check it fairly often.) it's sir_happy@hotmail.com if you're too lazy to look in my profile thing...

vex: on your character, i do have one slight problem. where'd he learn advanced fireball? i don't recall any shamans around upstairs... well in any case, he ought to be pretty out of the picture for the time being, and with our other friends in trouble, it may just be time for another rescue by everybody's favorite unnamed elven archer. *g* either that or Fire and Meridon figured out a way out of their bonds and come help. Or Iridia gets to them. who knows... i'd write but i should go to bed. besides, i had to try three times to spell "write" right (i also tried "wright" which is wrong. yay! got that one in one try!)

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/25/2003 at 02:55 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

3754 days, 18 hours, 12 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 25, 2003 at 07:12 (GMT -5)

Advanced fireball? Probably here--

--quote--
"The skeleton stood unmoving while the young man searched the shaman's body, finding a small crystal vial containing a sparkling fluid, as well as a large, leather-bound tome. He tucked both of these into his backpack, then rose, considering what next to do."
--end quote--

I wouldn't use the archer quite yet, though. Bit too much deus ex machina if we did; the situation isn't nearly desperate enough besides. All the other times she helped the party, they had nearly won the battle by themselves and she just helped them over the final part... No. I'm not quite sure how to end it but I don't want to use the archer...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Vennom
Registered user
Champion of the Undead

Last page view:

7714 days, 21 hours and 35 minutes ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 at 02:05 (GMT -5)

Yes, the advanced fireball was a one time thing, and way beyond his level to cast, as evidenced by the bleeding ears and nose, resulting in considerable damage to his char. Also, that was intended as a one-time only thing, to lessen the vast numbers of critters in a room a tad. There are still plenty to fight (at least half of what was there to begin with. The fireball itself was learned by a potion of wonder found on first shaman he killed, which I /believe/ is initially a sparkling potion..in one of my games, a level 12 necromancer discovered one of these potions and quaffed it, and was given enough knowledge of the Improved Fireball spell to cast it once. And yes, he had been casting before, and his PP were low, so when I did use it, it nearly killed him.
>:-D If a potion of wonder is NOT a sparkling option, can you ADOM gurus tell me what is? Thankee! By the way...found Juno Free Interent when I was surfing last...so, I'll be able to post here still.

"The dead aren't so bad, once you get to know them."
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

3754 days, 18 hours, 12 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 at 04:34 (GMT -5)

Ah, potion of wonder, that's cool!

Potions are random, I think, except for water and carrot juice. Some have unidentified appearances that are more common than others... like your "sparkling potion" is probably often a potion of wonder, but not always... Hm, this should be on the Spoiler thread.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Vennom
Registered user
Champion of the Undead

Last page view:

7714 days, 21 hours and 35 minutes ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 at 21:53 (GMT -5)

K, thanks. >:-)

"The dead aren't so bad, once you get to know them."
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5661 days, 21 hours, 32 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 27, 2003 at 00:49 (GMT -5)

rescue has come!
i'm thinking Fire finds a few ingredients on some bodys, and mixes up some vile brew that poisions a pile more lizards, whilst Meridon tries to calm the karmic lizard, but is forced to slay it. Konan bashed the lizard, and both him an Iridia are pretty well beat up; Vexander is not in terribly good condition either.

Javas is probably down the big tunnel, getting his big friend (perhaps a baby -color- dragon?), which will possibly finish off his hoard of mean little friends.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Botched
Registered user

Last page view:

7645 days, 2 hours, 19 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2003 at 11:01 (GMT -5)

well hmmm. first i would like to read at least one of these interesting stories but i want to know which ones are still active. and second i was wondering if someone could tell me if there ever is a spot open in one of these. =) but if there isn't and until a spot is open i'd be glad to read them. -Botched formerly known as bear
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7183 days, 16 hours, 41 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2003 at 13:22 (GMT -5)

adom role-play II

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1653 days, 23 hours, 17 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2003 at 02:34 (GMT -5)

My freak story is open. You can take Dr. Nobody's part. BE SURE TO READ BOTH THE STORY AND THE COMMENTS ABOUT IT.

Duke Ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2003 at 11:03 (GMT -5)

DO NOT join the Adom Role-Play 2. It's relativly active, however it has reached the player limit i set at the beginning.
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

3754 days, 18 hours, 12 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2003 at 20:22 (GMT -5)

I think maybe they're referring to Konan and Fire? Both characters don't have anyone behind them right now.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Botched
Registered user

Last page view:

7645 days, 2 hours, 19 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 at 06:58 (GMT -5)

i guess i'm taking drnobody's place until he/she returns. i had a thought about the chaos jelly, we could try and lure it into a room than shut the door and bar it. just a thought. oh and if your looking for a new title i thought of one dunno if its any good though. deformed by chaos.
anyways i just posted and although its not my best work i'm not sure how we should proceed. we have the chaos jelly pretty much barring our way to the surface and maybe jharod. 2 of us are injured in some way and were in a goblin base. oh well we still gotta think of some way to get rid of that jelly somehow. -Botched
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 at 12:39 (GMT -5)

orc base.

Good work man.

I won't come back in until Reiko's conscious (next couple of posts)

Didn't we already deal with chaos? Or was that a fallen adventurer who had turned into a WMoPC?

Botched
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 at 13:06 (GMT -5)

the chaos thing that we ran from? dunno if we dealt with it or not. so its iridias turn then. soon we should get back to jharod and get everyone healed. but the question is, who is going to lead the villagers out? we still have yrrigs to get. -Botched
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 at 01:55 (GMT -5)

hey...uhm... we have got some serious problems with the two groups in the freak story... there was originally supposed to be two groups-- Callista and the prisoners, and Laenril and Reiko. But Ryan grabbed half my prisoners and I had to change my post... now Laenril and Reiko are magically in the same tunnel with Callista. This is getting confusing!!

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 at 03:04 (GMT -5)

I thought I had half of your prisoners. I thought we split it. I might have been wrong though (god only knows it's happened enough times.)

I thought it was as such

The group was together. We split off...wait...why did we split off.....lemme get back to you on that.

Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 at 03:12 (GMT -5)

oh shit. I magically had a group of prisoners. I buggered up. It's too late to fix it too. AAAHHHH!! IT'S A PLOT HOLE!!!! KILL IT KILL IT!!! WE'RE DOOMED!!!

Sorry. I ruined my story....bugger

Since the group should be together again, the plot hole has been covered (albeit badly) and we can continue escaping from the orcs.

What I'll end up doing is cleaning it up when we get further along as only a small percentage of people actually read these stories until somebody publishes them elsewhere.

Sorry 'bout that.

Botched
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 at 07:50 (GMT -5)

true true but thats ok we all make mistakes. =) still i wonder how were going to do this. should we have len volunteer to lead the villagers back up so we can continue after yrrigs? but first i think we gotta get back to jharod, because reiko is knocked out, and callista has an arm she can't use. so that leaves me alone to lead and perhaps get control/defeat yrrigs. *shudders* -Botched
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 at 16:00 (GMT -5)

I don't think Laenril would kill Jharod.

I'm not picky. I had thought Reiko would wake up whenever but Jharod sounds better.

Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 at 16:18 (GMT -5)

I fixed that problem. Granted it was a little slipshod but I haven't written in a while. Take it away Iridia. Surprise us. We will go to get yriggs won't we?

Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 at 23:45 (GMT -5)

I didn't post a new part of the story, but I thought the story needed a bit of help in the logic area, so I added a bit to the end of my last post (the fight with the doppelganger) to have Laenril and Reiko re-joining the party. Hope that helps. I'll post again when I get time, but I have this exam in a couple of days and I've got to hit the books big time.

Oh--Ryan, your computer must've blipped or something--you posted your new section twice. Can you delete the extra? Thanks... :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/6/2003 at 00:02 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5661 days, 21 hours, 32 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 at 00:23 (GMT -5)

i covered the extra postage.
horray for moderator privilages. *g*

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 at 04:12 (GMT -5)

Thanks chief

Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 at 22:09 (GMT -5)

WOW!!! AWESOME post Iridia. What to put eh?

lesse here

Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 at 22:18 (GMT -5)

I'm leaving for vegas on Saturday morning and shopping tomorrow. Make me proud you two. I promise a semi massive to huge post when I get back (as well as pictures on my website.)

lates

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5661 days, 21 hours, 32 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 at 23:32 (GMT -5)

Ryan, if you could do me a favor? try to consolidate your posts. those last three could easily have been 1, and that avatar is kinda irratating when there's three in a pile like that...

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 at 02:38 (GMT -5)

Aaahhhh! My eyes!!!! :P Tip, Ryan--you can use the "edit" button in the top left corner whenever you want to add something or change your post. I guess you already knew that though :) What I usually do, if I don't want that annoying "edited by" thing at the end of my post, is to copy the post into Notepad, delete the whole thing, and re-post it. If I didn't do that, I'd probably have things like "Edited 16 times" on some of my RP posts!

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 at 02:59 (GMT -5)

I think my pics looks pretty.

I'll keep it in mind to not post little snipits.

Botched
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 at 10:00 (GMT -5)

not to be critical but its going to give me a seizure in a minute =). anyways i just posted the next part to the freak story (man we need a better name) and i have a question, is yrrigs actually have a disease or has he been corrupted by chaos, i always figured he was corrupted by chaos. and uh one thing to whoever goes next you could have laenril and callista have an argument about whether or not we should kill him. i may be slightly neutral but i do have my chaotic tendencys. -Botched
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 at 12:06 (GMT -5)

Wouldn't chaos be considered a disease? look at Reiko?

I'm letting Iridia handle it until I get back. I may be in tonight but we leave tomorrow at 5:00 for Las Vegas. Good luck folks (deja vu)

lates

Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: