Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / OOC commentary

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 11 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1648 days, 20 hours, 36 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 at 12:06 (GMT -5)

Wouldn't chaos be considered a disease? look at Reiko?

I'm letting Iridia handle it until I get back. I may be in tonight but we leave tomorrow at 5:00 for Las Vegas. Good luck folks (deja vu)

lates

Botched
Registered user

Last page view:

7639 days, 23 hours, 38 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2003 at 12:26 (GMT -5)

well have fun in vegas! we will try and do our best. -Botched
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

3749 days, 15 hours, 31 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 at 04:15 (GMT -5)

Sorry for not updating... minor writer's block and major projects in school don't match up very well :P

Die Gedanken sind Frei
duke ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 at 11:00 (GMT -5)

ahh, finally someone wrote something! *g*

mmm... it's too early and i can't think. (had a track meet yesterday... lost hardcore but that's ok, first of the season... still tired from it tho.) I'll post something later.
Botched
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2003 at 20:36 (GMT -5)

i just posted for the freak story and thought it might get past some of our writers block. what do you guys think of adom role play 3? not started by me but i might join, but as always i will still try to update the freak story whenever possible. it may have been a very small post iridia but it got me thinking and i had an idea so i wrote it. -Botched
Ryan
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 at 09:14 (GMT -5)

Holy shit! that was damned wonderful. I'll be back soon (SO MANY INTERNET PROBLEMS!!!)
Botched
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2003 at 19:46 (GMT -5)

ok here we go. for freak story everyone seems to have writers block and i just have one question so maybe i can post some more. where are we headed after this cave? i had a thought, perhaps we could make our way through the small cave to the mountain top village and from there head to the mad ministrels hut to perhaps get a clue as to where this healer resides. the healer that can help reiko. but hopefully if one of you give me an idea i'll make a nice post for it. hope i'm doing alright in this RPG this is my first. -Botched
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2003 at 23:48 (GMT -5)

Post as often as possible. Surprise me.

Actually, small cave is usually where I go when I play so good thinking.

Good luck man

Portrait
Gordismo
Registered user
False God

Last page view:

7463 days, 16 hours, 34 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 05, 2003 at 20:34 (GMT -5)

Question, what does it take to join?
I would like to RP, but my writing skills aren't exactly the best.

"The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists until the moment you don't"
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5656 days, 18 hours, 51 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 at 01:26 (GMT -5)

it doesnt' take much. ask if you can join a story, and whoever is the starter will either say "yes," "no" or "maybe".
i'd suggest starting with one of the "lesser" stories (the shorter ones, e.g. Freak Story, one of the many abandoned ones, etc.) and maybe just writing something, so we know how you write. i for one don't intend to let anybody into ADOM RP2 again until i know how they write... and how reliable they are. that's a big part of it: can you be relied on to write regularly?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Iridia...
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 at 09:14 (GMT -5)

Exactly. Really, I'd be much more happy with someone who posted short things, often with less skill than someone who posted beautifully written page-long entries three times, then left.

Does that make sense?

Lots of people here, like me, don't have English as a first language, and sometimes their posts aren't perfect, especially if they've only been studying it for a year. We don't care about "perfect" English, since our biggest problem isn't whether people post well but whether they actually post at all. If you join an RP, post once a week and you will make the lot of us very happy!
Iridia...
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 at 09:19 (GMT -5)

Oh, yes. Double post, but I can't help it since I didn't log in.

If Vexander's ideas about Javas are wrong, please tell me... that's what I would think after hearing Meridon's story, though, so if he is mistaken we could even work it into the story.

They'll need to a.) tell Vexander about Terinyo, b.) discuss what to do about Konan, and c.) decide whether to head straight to the Minstrel, or try to go to the dwarven city. (Yeah, I know I'm not keeping Iridia's story straight from the other RPs, but oh well... at least there aren't plot holes in this one.)

Meridon and Fire both have Herbalism, incidentally, so curing sickness shouldn't be too tough.
Portrait
Gordismo
Registered user
False God

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 at 17:20 (GMT -5)

Alright!

So who has a story that I can join?

"The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists until the moment you don't"
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

3749 days, 15 hours, 31 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 at 18:14 (GMT -5)

The Freak Story is semi-active and hasn't yet reached the limit of six characters. (Ryan!!! Got writers block?!) Create a new character. Or... Hm. Anyone know if Laenril is free for the taking?

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 at 20:11 (GMT -5)

Writer's block is a major pain in the ass. Sometimes you got it and most of the time you don't.

Portrait
Gordismo
Registered user
False God

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 09, 2003 at 01:31 (GMT -5)

Alright, I created a new character, what do you think? If you guys want to, you can kill him, but I kinda want him incorporated into the story somehow, whether a villian or an unwilling companion.

Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 09, 2003 at 02:41 (GMT -5)

I'll buy it but clean it up towards the beginning.

"while the party made there way to the surface"

something like that.

It sounds like we're starting a story about a new freak.

I'll post tomorrow.

Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

1648 days, 20 hours, 36 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 00:53 (GMT -5)

Gordismo, That was a great post. I was able to do some updating (if not as much as yore.)

I left it good and open for the next person. I assume we'd recruit Byrak and his tiger but I don't care either way.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5656 days, 18 hours, 51 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 01:10 (GMT -5)

Ok, i'm making another OOC thread... The Freak Story finally broke 30 posts. *yay* welcome to the realm of Bigger Stories. *g*
From now on, no more OOC about TFS in this thread.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 03:13 (GMT -5)

can we rename it? I'll let you pick one. I'm just tired of the freak story as a name.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 13:42 (GMT -5)

mmm... i can't change the names of threads (yet). Sorry. You're stuck... *g*

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

3749 days, 15 hours, 31 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2003 at 01:04 (GMT -5)

We could rename it... we'd just have to copy all the posts into another thread. I've got my Edited version ready to do that, as soon as we think up a good name.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 16, 2003 at 11:00 (GMT -5)

*half-smile* I think I'll leave that up to you.. you seem to have the situation in hand.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2003 at 12:03 (GMT -5)

I'm gonna write a LOOOOONG ass autobiographical account of my life from nov. 2000 - may 2002 (Dates might be off a bit.)

What I need to know is whether or not you guys want me to do a day by day journal log or post the whole thing in about a week or 2 (as I said, LONG!!!)

I also need the clearance with admin/mods.

This will be revealing ALL of me (even the sick parts although I'm no cokehead or anything THAT bad) and while I'm not racist, I must ask the absolute line of the mods or admin so I can safely stay on the right side of it.

This was a challenge from another board and I thought it'd be cool to put it on this one too.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2003 at 16:13 (GMT -5)

Hmm.
I suppose it's fine by me, as long as you keep it fairly clean and don't get *too* sick on us. *g*
I don't particularly know what the line is, exactly, but if you let me read it before you post it I can tell if you crossed it... my e-mail is sir_happy@hotmail.com. send it there, i'll let you know what i don't want in here, and you can fix that.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2003 at 17:52 (GMT -5)

Well, what I think I'll do is give a link to the site where I'm allowed to post in it's entirity (and I had to LOOK too.)

It'll take awhile to finish anyway.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2003 at 21:40 (GMT -5)

*nod* that's fine.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 11:02 (GMT -5)

CALLING ALL POETS:
ADOM RP 2 needs you!
We need somebody to write poetry riddles for the Mad Minstral. the party's going to meet him soon, and none of us can write poetry at all. *g*
Any takers?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 06, 2003 at 15:20 (GMT -5)

wow, triple post by me. *g*
Anyway, lets go back to using this thread, I know I used the Arcanium thread for OOC stuff, but I shouldn't have. That's what this thread is for.
Anyway...
To answer your questions, Andor, the world will have civilized people, monsters, magic, etc. etc. Very similar to most fantasy worlds. I don't know exactly how I'll make it work yet, but...

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 at 23:01 (GMT -5)

lets go for a record here! quadruple post!!! maybe i should edit all these into one. i will if i end up making the next one...

Take it away Iridia. I posed it for you in Arcanium. Poor Josh has just had too much to handle lately. He's not stupid, just resistant to change. (Which also makes him resistant to magic I suppose, but that's different.)
Also, 2 more things: I will have both a main char and a player limit, both set at 4. You can make as many minor "NPC"ish characters as you want, but they're gonna be weaker. Main rule here will be that you can't mess with other people's NPCs. You can talk to them, move them some, etc, but no major changes. Death is a major change, just so you know. And as for the player limit: you can claim an unused major character (e.g. one that was abandoned when the creator left) and any NPCs that that player spawned while he was with us. Also, if you decide to leave (or if you just want to) you can get any of your characters killed. (what the hell -- if you kill your main character you can "promote" one of your minor ones into being your new main character.) I know, lots of new rules. *g*
And, finally on this topic: Iridia, Andor, pick something special (but not too special) about your main character (I don't think Andrea counts as a main character). E.G. Josua is resistant to change, hence resistant to magic (esp. enchantments). I'm thinking he'll be the go-beat-up-the-bad-guy-with-a-big-stick of the bunch. *g*

I'm gonna post on ADOM RP2 fairly soon, I think. Maybe tonight, even. Not immediately though.

Ok, i'm done.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: