Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / OOC commentary

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 11 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

7168 days, 36 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 at 02:15 (GMT -5)

We have a problem. Was late afternoon before the hill leaper was eaten, since then they've been walking for at least 4 1/2 hours.

It's not plausable. I'll edit mine down to make it dusk or something though. It might do.. though that's one really long day, and in reality you always make camp at least an hour before dusk. Setting up camp in the dark is something Dalinor would never do.

Alternativly/as well. I think the Idiria said the late-afternoon bit, after Jennifer passed out for most of the day. No one else has made specific mention of the time of day since then really, so that could just be changed to mid-day.

It doesn't matter what the starting point is. Just so I know and don't make them say something unplausable though. For now I'll take it as from earth, with a few visions they recieved when they were summoned, which have since been repressed along with all their earthly memories.

I thought someone could be creative with it. *chuckles madly* Though possibly has has some flasks of acidy stuff in his pack, which he is going to use to corrode the log into specific form. The idea was that there were still a few hours of light left to do stuff because Will made them stop early, and the log would tie into this. I'll come up with something for it if you want. He had magical healing potions, I'm sure he's equipped with other wonderous stuff.

Will is asleep(dreaming?), Andrea and Jennifer off looking for wood, and Relthe off by himself looking for wood too. They can do stuff without having to worry about what Dalinor is doing just yet.

They need food though, I'll have Relthe hunt something down (most plausable solution).

Fight/training scene will have to be put off to another day.

I write too much? *smile*

[Edited 3 times, last edit on 8/7/2003 at 02:38 (GMT -5) by Lamaros]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5662 days, 1 hour, 31 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 at 02:25 (GMT -5)

Here's an idea.

All 4 are from earth. The evil guy yanked the four of them with the purpose of raping their minds for whatever he can find, he's hoping for some way to build better weponry, or something like that. He knew that his spell was a one-way deal, so he didn't go himself, and he knew that it was very chaotic between the planes, so they wouldn't end up where he wanted. So even as he yanked them, he sent knights out, knights who aren't fundamentally corrupted, simply following orders they don't understand are evil, to find them. He didn't count on them a) losing their memorys (all), b) gaining or loseing abilities (Willard, the twins) or c) having their souls mixed with that of ancient dead heros (Josua). He also didn't count on them having a run in with his puppet, i mean king's most rightious knight, the one who realized his orders were evil and exiled himself.

and i have no idea what he's going to do with that tree, but maybe he should do it.

Finally, that story hit 30 posts friggin fast! i'm off to make it it's own OOC thread.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2003 at 02:40 (GMT -5)

Sounds good Duke, makes it all fit nicely.
I updated my earlier post, read! *grin*

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/7/2003 at 02:40 (GMT -5) by Lamaros]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2003 at 17:54 (GMT -5)

Just a comment regarding Andor: you sure do have an uncanny ability to mess up plans... I realized that your post on ADOM RP2 rather doesn't fit with the plan I was aiming for with Vexander and Konan in Terinyo. I believe I did mention the plan in the ADOM RP2 commentary thread, although I could be wrong on that count... Oh well, I'll just have to alter my plans. And I won't even get into your Sarman/Dalinor conversation in Arcanium.

Anyway, it would be nice if you read the plans and ideas laid by other people and followed along with them, and/or posted ideas of your own. Keep this in mind for the future. if you keep making plot holes/messing up plans on too regular of a basis, I might get drastic... consider this a warning. And just so you know, I'm not really trying to be mean, just trying to keep the stories making sense.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Andor Drakon
Registered user
uummm... ElDeR cHaOs GoD?

Last page view:

7299 days, 18 hours, 27 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 05, 2003 at 01:53 (GMT -5)

Sorry, I don't really mean to, I just tend to make mistakes. I'll try to avoid that kind of thing a bit more carefully.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, September 07, 2003 at 21:37 (GMT -5)

My computer stuffed up. I'm writing this from work, I can't even boot it up at the moment. Something like a corrupt HD or so. Hopfully I can fix it soon, but untill then...
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

3754 days, 22 hours, 11 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 at 14:28 (GMT -5)

Ahh... so that's why things have been going so slow lately. Here's hoping we'll get back on track soon!

My own problems aren't computer problems... they're calculus problems... but they're having just about the same effect!

Die Gedanken sind Frei
FiresFury
Registered user
Fireball #37

Last page view:

7436 days, 5 hours, 15 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 at 22:26 (GMT -5)

heheh, you should see my schedule.
Monday and Wednesday, I'm at school 9:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m., and Tuesday-Thursday, I'm at work at 8:30 a.m., get out of that at 2:30 p.m., and go to school at 5:00 p.m. until 9:20 p.m. Fridays I work 8:30-2:30. That's a schedule. :D

I'm hoping to help a bit more, but the latest stuff doesn't seem to be...available... to me. Yeah. Anyway, just posting for the heck of it.

I burn.
I burn to be.
I burn to be that which I cannot become.
I burn to live.
I burn to live well.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/24/2003 at 22:27 (GMT -5) by FiresFury]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, October 10, 2003 at 16:34 (GMT -5)

*Sigh* I really don't like seeing this forum under the announcements forum...
What do you all think needs to happen to get people to come here more often?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2003 at 21:38 (GMT -5)

Not sure.

I just.. I dunno, lost things to say.
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, October 13, 2003 at 07:31 (GMT -5)

SOMEBODY tell me what i'm not supposed to do. THen I'll do it by accident when trying to post, and everyone can come and laugh at me.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, October 13, 2003 at 07:36 (GMT -5)

That way there will be a lot of people at the stories forum. Or maybe it won't work. Oh well, someone tell me whant not to do and then I might be able to not do it for a few posts before making a mistake.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, October 13, 2003 at 16:11 (GMT -5)

Uhm, DONT kill yourself. Or anyone else. For now, that is.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

7095 days, 10 hours, 26 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 19, 2003 at 16:13 (GMT -5)

but...! but...! ok fine... only becuase you said so though.

(:
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, October 20, 2003 at 02:21 (GMT -5)

Okay. Just posted. Hope that's okay.

From an IM conversation:

Guardsheep2000: Dalinor ought to be headed for the inn now
Guardsheep2000: so you can do something with him if you like
Infinitysquared3: I'm not sure what...
Infinitysquared3: I know I've got to get Andrea into bed...
Infinitysquared3: Is Dalinor taking all four along with him?
Guardsheep2000: Go ahead, get her in bed.. have Jennifer take her upstairs or something. Then have Dalinor enter and talk with Josua and Relthe, explain the situation, take Josua, and leave. stop by the guard's place again, short conversation, the guard lends Josua a sword, they find the runner waiting outside the gates, off they go.
Well, that's the general gist of what me and lamaros have been talking about, anyway
Guardsheep2000: that dalinor and josua leave on some business, and josua gets a sword somewhere

Anyway, that sounds good to me. I was going to do all of that, but then I spent too long on describing things and it was time to go to bed... and speaking of bed, it's that time now... *looks at clock, which says 2:20 a.m.* yep, definitely that time...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 at 00:15 (GMT -5)

*reads Andor's post* Uhm. *hurries to see if he can patch the hole and get Josua travelling with Dalinor*

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 at 23:26 (GMT -5)

It wasn't a hole, yet... but we should all be sure to read all new OOC posts before we add to the story.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 at 23:38 (GMT -5)

true... and true...

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, November 16, 2003 at 22:40 (GMT -5)

Wow. This place is *really* not getting much activity...

I just had an idea. What would you all say were I to start a sci-fi RP, rather than all our medieval/fantasy ones?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 21, 2003 at 00:03 (GMT -5)

*sigh* Alright. I'm about ready to just give up for the winter. But I promised a friend one thing, that I would attempt to promote his game.
It's very similar to what we do here. It's sci-fi based in a universe that is almost entirely free-form. You come up with plot ideas. You decide wher eyour character goes. You decide what happens to him. It's freer than this stuff, even.
Currently there are 3 developed races: the Humans (i'm sure you know about them), the Antrians (my personal creation, very much like a fantasy Elf), and the Felonians (vile, evil slave-trading creatures). Alliance X is the Human/Antrian alliance formed to combat the power of the Felonians. You will be a member of the crew abord the Vengence, the most powerful battleship every seen. In addition, more ships will be available for joining as the game progresses and people join.
It is play-by-e-mail, which means you're sent every post and you send each post by email.
The website is http:alliance-x.0catch.com if you are interested. More info is there if you want it, an di can tell you anything else you want about it (i'm playing a pretty major part in it).

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

7280 days, 17 hours, 53 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 at 02:36 (GMT -5)

Duke,I really liked your stories at the 'untitled sci-fi' thread.But somehow,they're all connected to depression,tragedy,and mysterious in one way or another...hehe.I'm quite attracted to those kind of stories,if you know what I mean.

Fear me not,I'll go nice on you....For now.
Duke Ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 at 16:06 (GMT -5)

Thanks... yeah... that's about all I've been writing lately. I can't really think of aything else to write about. Maybe I'll come up with something today during 6th period. (That's where I wrote most of those. Stupid Econ. 'Course something tells me that I might be busy sitting outside and wondering how long I'm going to be suspended for... but that's another story... i'll tell you about it later...)
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

7280 days, 17 hours, 53 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2004 at 01:58 (GMT -5)

Ah.Well,come to think of it...I seem to be doing the same-everything scribbled on my notebook is dark,scary,yet deep. (a gothic wielding a scythe while holding a tombstone with a short poem engraved on it...) It's not like I'm suicidal or anything...and I sure hope you're not,too.

Fear me not,I'll go nice on you....For now.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/5/2004 at 01:58 (GMT -5) by Anarchy2]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 at 23:05 (GMT -5)

WHERE!!!! WHERE HAVE ALL YOU GOOOONEEEE!!!!

Hmm, maybe I should use a question mark or two? Hows this? This looks better?

No it doesn't.

OK, I"m having a random day today, sorryBEEF!!! about that.

But seriolsy, whered everyone go? We used to be decently active here. But now... not so much...

If you still write, post it. I don't care what it has to do with, how good it is, whatever. Make a new thread if you want. Or comment on other stories. Please? As a favor to your favorite old-time ADOM player and the first moderator of this forum?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 03:06 (GMT -5)

*coughiridiacough*

*coughlamaroscough*

*tries to ignore voice telling him to stop blaming things on other people*

Really, it's just that I can't really think of anything more to post. I'm bad at dialogue and the more complex character interactions. I'm good at actions and somewhat good at thoughts and not bad at most other things. With Willard and Relthe and Andrea and everyone still here in the inn and nothing much to do but talk... it's jsut my weak point, writingwise. I can't really do much with this. It's one of you other peoples' strong points.

And as for the ADOM RP... well, it's not my turn. I posted the most recent post. It's one of you other peoples' turns.

*zaps a wand of consience at himself repeatedly*

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
duke ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 10:42 (GMT -5)

I'm not just talking about Arcanium or the Adom RPGs. Lameros I think is gone, besides.

Although it would be nice to see advancement on those stories... but I just want to see writing on here. make up your own short stories (like i did) and post them. i don't care if they're half a page or 10 pages. i'm getting tired of watching the tumbleweed rolling by...
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1225 days, 1 hour, 34 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 21:47 (GMT -5)

Im not as good at writing up stories as i am participating in a story line. If someone else makes a story i can see a character of mine in, ill join.

Ive been roleplaying for quite a while, some are suprised at how "Good" i am. Though besides vocabulary, descriptiveness, and imagination you cant be good at it

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 26, 2004 at 23:50 (GMT -5)

Hrm. Jonesey, this looks very familiar from somewhere... perhaps Theif: The Dark Project? i can't remember...?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1225 days, 1 hour, 34 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 at 21:58 (GMT -5)

Yea i own the game, used to play it alot. I think he copied the first part word for word.

duke ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 at 18:31 (GMT -5)

Seems like very few people are writing here these days; it's mostly just me posting my own short story-ish stuff...

C'mon, you guys. I know you can write. Show me.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: