Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / OOC commentary

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 11 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1647 days, 9 hours, 29 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 20, 2002 at 18:59 (GMT -5)

DrNoBody, It's your turn. I guess we'll round-robin this thing. Maybe Laenril could find our heroes as they're wondering aimlessly (I had written stuff for Jharod but it wouldn't post for some reason)

If nothing else, I may have an opening for Yriggs or Jharod if there are any takers.

Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

3748 days, 4 hours, 24 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 21, 2002 at 02:26 (GMT -5)

RE: Reiko

I don't know; it's your decision because it's your character. I can do it either way but it would be good to decide either way.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, October 21, 2002 at 03:28 (GMT -5)

Go for it. My plan was to have Jharod tell about how all of the healers knew of Reiko and that there was a special healer in the bug temple that might fix Reiko's face.

I'm really not that picky. I'll update later. I'm going to sleep now. See you all in 8-10 hours.

Iridia.
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, October 21, 2002 at 12:47 (GMT -5)

We've already got one group going to the Bug Temple... what about the Rift? That could be interesting...

There's nothing wrong with modifying the plot a little. Our characters sleep at night... fatigue affects them... for more realism of course... So why not say there's something else beyond the rift than a boring old library?

Just an idea....
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, October 21, 2002 at 16:04 (GMT -5)

Hmm. I didn't have much for a plan in the way of WHERE to find our doctor friend. Maybe a new village somewhere. Maybe the rift. Dunno.

Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 at 05:32 (GMT -5)

There, I've added some to RP2... somebody want to get us across the river?

Oh, Ryan... I dunno if Dr Nobody is coming back, some people only check in once a month, and then don't have any ideas and so don't add to the story... Might as well not count on it, for now. I'd like to see more than just two people on a story though.

Ah well...

BTW, what did you decide about Reiko?

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/24/2002 at 05:32 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
DrNoBody
Registered user

Last page view:

7774 days, 1 hour, 34 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 at 09:45 (GMT -5)

Excuse me for being slow on posts, I'll try to fix that.

"A little hard work never killed anyone important" Oddworld
duke ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 at 11:41 (GMT -5)

i had a thought on the ADOM RP-2 after your post, Iridia... but it'd be kinda weird. and a bit of cheating to boot. suppose somehow one of those shamans got left behind... and he happened to be the one that had the frost bolt spell... and say he still had the spellbook. that would A) get us accross the river and B) give Meridon another spell. HAH.
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 at 16:21 (GMT -5)

Well Iridia. It's your turn. I want them to find "defender" in a room filled to the brim with orcs. I also want everyone to see what Jharod meant about Reiko being a good fighter. Jharod is a long winded fellow.

Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 at 18:41 (GMT -5)

Hey Ryan... nice post, but a bit cryptic... does Reiko even know what Jharod meant? Or should I assume he's as confused as I am? :) What DID Jharod mean anyways?

We'll need whatever we can get though... the Rift is some pretty high-level stuff. It should make for more interesting story than the basic "hordes of goblins" battle, though. I've done three of those and I'm goblined out!

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 at 19:17 (GMT -5)

Reiko is one of the most efficiant praticioners of the martial arts. "nightmare" has a blade hidden at the end of it (heavy spear) and "defender" will be tweaked by our dark elven companion to do the same.

Reiko doesn't know about the blade until it's pointed out to him. when he gets both "spears" he is a lean mean Eyesmosian (see my fighting style post)

Reiko will eventually (after the rift) tap into powers he didn't know he had and become a bolt and ball spellcaster. Maybe Tenvin can heal the other's minds to allow spellcasting for them too...

Whoever wants to chime in

Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 at 19:18 (GMT -5)

BTW, the plain amulet is an AoLS

DrNoBody
Registered user

Last page view:

7774 days, 1 hour, 34 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 25, 2002 at 10:46 (GMT -5)

Freak story:

A little ventriloquism and a spider figurine of fine jade with no magic in it. :-)

The wand is a wand of magic missile (1 charge) (Laenril still has to learn charging wands in time:-))

"A little hard work never killed anyone important" Oddworld
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, October 26, 2002 at 23:40 (GMT -5)

I guess my post needs some explanation... here we go. And these are just suggestions, of course...

-No, they didn't kill all the orcs, obviously... there are probably several more tension rooms filled with them. They did managed to kill the ones who were guarding the prison though.

-Problem... the prisoners are headed back to the surface, we're headed down to the lower levels (past the rest of the orcs, obviously...) Best bet would be to have one of the prisoners offer to lead them out, get some weapons from the orc guards, and start climbing up the pit trap... the problem is the purple j waiting at the top!

Somebody name one of the prisoners please, it's going to get confusing otherwise.

Maybe they'll come into the story later, who knows? :)

Oh, and---yes. If you want in, now is the time to post, before one of us does! ;)

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 10/27/2002 at 20:19 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, October 27, 2002 at 05:18 (GMT -5)

I'm not touching it Iridia. I don't have any idea on how to expund on that

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5655 days, 7 hours, 44 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 at 19:52 (GMT -5)

CRAP. i just wrote a big long spiel for here about the ADOM RP-2 thread and went to post it, and instead lost it (the server thought i was trying to post an empty message for some reason, and when i hit back it WAS empty. but it was far from empty when i hit "sumbit").
basicly:
i think we can have our LV 6 special powers now. so konan can mighty blow, meridon can sense/avoid wilderness encounters, Iridia can dig real fast, and fire can stop alchemy from going bad in his face.

ivan.sourceforge.net
FierySam.
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, November 02, 2002 at 00:13 (GMT -5)

damn, stupid vacation had to take me away from the posts... ok if someone could send me the whole script, my e-mail is : Beloved_knight@hotmail.com
btw, can i get my Fire back?
(insert miracule here)
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 02, 2002 at 12:44 (GMT -5)

SUre, welcome back, Sam. The character never got taken by anyone else so you're welcome to him. I've e-mailed you the story-so-far. Read it before you post to avoid plot holes. (plot holes, get it? I'm so funny... )

*gets some more Mountain Dew out of the fridge*

I'm going to post on the other threads I'm on soon... no, really, I *am* going to post... really.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/2/2002 at 12:45 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, November 03, 2002 at 17:54 (GMT -5)

Freak Story: This temporarily divides the story into two parts, meaning each of us can post whenever we want. And also meaning we had better post or the story will go dead. :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, November 03, 2002 at 20:43 (GMT -5)

hmm. interesting twist iridia. any ideas on how to get her out? or not to?
i know. Meridon could blast the river again and fry Iridia as well, then we could chase her downriver and pull her out at the lake, where we perform some emergency procedures.
(j/k)

actually my origional idea was us stumbleing accross those lizardmen resting, and chase them back to their cave, where we discover some new equiptment, a new spell for Meridon, and a (quite wet) route under the river that doesn't involve swimming. but this works too.
If Meridon had another spell right now (and a real good aim and eye (so he can see, let alone hit, those turtles under the water)) he might be able to blast those turtles some. i dont' want to bring the high-elf archer back just yet. i like the way she's been showing up, only when most of the party is incapacitated to some extent so that only one person sees her, and even then can't be too sure they really saw her... thus she doesn't get mentioned.

thought: wouldn't this be an inoprotune moment for those lizardmen to come back with some friends?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, November 03, 2002 at 23:51 (GMT -5)

Well, same as the giant boar: Meridon's a druid... Pulling Iridia out (or following her downriver into interesting circumstances, whatever they may be) will be enough trouble without giant turtles to fight. A bunch of level-6s couldn't handle them anyways...

And, yes-- If the lizardmen came back at this moment it would be quite inconvenient. :) And interesting, for that matter. Who knows... maybe lizardman mages invented amulets of water breathing. They certainly live in the swamps enough to need them...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 04, 2002 at 12:06 (GMT -5)

I can't think of how to continue that. I'm not sure on how to split it and make it look good. I don't want any slipshoddiness in my story. I'll try to come up with something.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 04, 2002 at 22:47 (GMT -5)

on ADOM RP2
i think perhaps these giant turtles are a little bit chaos-mangled, which would pretty well mean i Meridon can do about nothing. besides, the lizardmen don't really need amulets of water breathing, they can swim so well.

perhaps they control the turtles tho? and by mashing them, we gain control of the turtles, giving us a method of crossing (plus some possible friends for that matter *g*)

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 at 10:49 (GMT -5)

Nice. :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
duke ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 06, 2002 at 11:54 (GMT -5)

i forgot to put my name, but that post on the goblin tale's mine.
where i was going with it:
they decide to go back for Apoc, and find him very close by surrounded by undead. for some reason, the swarms aren't attacking Apoc (or our friends for that matter). Apoc, having just realized what that amulet does, exactly, feels mad at the friends and orders the undead to attack.
hint: CHASE SCENE.
FierySam.
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, December 07, 2002 at 07:57 (GMT -5)

Sorry guys... once again. Iidia, i neve got that e-mail from you.either that or i deleted it by accident. if someone could be kind enough to give me a brief summary of each stoy. I would be foreveer in your Debt.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 at 11:20 (GMT -5)

Reminder: Please don't make new threads in the story forum unless it's a new story. OOC stuff goes in here; that's what I made the thread for anyways.

Posted by: eL
Subject: I propose the end...

of the goblin tale. Maybe, if someone wants, he (or she) may continue, and i'll continue too then.
But i think it's ok that way (OF COURSE i can be wrong!)

---
It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
http://www.avanor.com
Check it out!

ivan.sourceforge.net
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7177 days, 2 hours, 53 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 at 12:34 (GMT -5)

maybe we should create OOC comm. for every story? This one is getting far too big

duke ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, December 12, 2002 at 11:16 (GMT -5)

possibly... will think about it. but at least the stories aren't getting so cluttered. just by cutting the OOC out of ADOM RP-2 i turned it from a 5 pg thread into a 2 pg thread.
if i ever get around to it i'll try to kill the OOC clutter in the Goblin Tale.
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7177 days, 2 hours, 53 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 at 14:25 (GMT -5)

HEY!! WHY IS NO ONE POSTING?!!
AND SHALL WE END THE "TALE"?

Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: