Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Unidentified rings

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5765 days, 7 hours, 30 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 at 11:16 (GMT -5)

Is a ring with the appearance "mithril ring" always a ring of ice? If so, is this because if it has the appearance "mithril ring", it must be made of mithril, and the only ring which is made of mithril is the ring of ice?

I know that an ordinary ring is often an RoDS, and I've also had it turn out to be a ring of damage or a ring of fire. According to the Guidebook, all these rings are made of adamantium, which suggests that an ordinary ring is always made of adamantium too.

The Guidebook gives an incomplete list of what identified rings are made of, but is there a similar list for unidentified appearances? If we had a complete list of unidentified rings which are made of adamantium ("ordinary ring", "adamantium ring" and what else?), we'd know what types of ring had a chance of being RoDS.
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7762 days, 2 hours, 53 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 at 12:59 (GMT -5)

Hmmmm every my PC (in version 1.00) know ice ring as a mithril ring. But other rings can be made from mithril to.

Spoiler

Very often steel amulet (meybe allways) is a AoLS.. In all my PC AoLS allways was steel amulet

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5829 days, 14 hours, 46 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 at 04:38 (GMT -5)

Ok i can still never confirm or deny your theory ekaterin...
however i just looked back on my winners and a few others that i've got saved... and there wasn't anything but mithril ring as ring of ice. So that's like 9 samples...

however i did find -
amulet of life saving ......... golden amulet

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5765 days, 7 hours, 30 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 at 05:53 (GMT -5)

I've also had copper amulet for amulet of life saving. I think AoLS is made of iron, like most other amulets. The Guidebook doesn't mention the unided appearance of rings or amulets, but here are a few that seem to be always the same.

amulet of light        glass amulet
amulet of protection   silver amulet
amulet of order        marble amulet
pendant of beauty      ruby amulet
wedding ring           nograin ring

Portrait
Archangel
Registered user
The Creator's servant

Last page view:

7356 days, 6 hours, 52 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 at 08:59 (GMT -5)

I think amulet of light IS always glass amulet. Atleast in my games... And I've always identified ordinary ring as RoDS.

I hereby announce that I am more than willing to kill anyone who dares to cross my way
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 at 10:12 (GMT -5)

Hmmmmmmm meybe, but all my PC has steel amulet like AoLS, but this PC was necro, meybe it's only clas identify?
I check it for my thief and assasin

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5662 days, 13 hours, 59 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 at 10:42 (GMT -5)

IIRC i've had glass amulets of the eye in the past. i don't keep most of my .flg's so i can't back that up.
also one of my recent chars had an ordinary ring that ided as something other than an RoDS.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Archangel
Registered user
The Creator's servant

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 at 15:47 (GMT -5)

Hmmmm isn't The black tome of alsopwhatever supposed to be black tome when unidentified? My wizard recently found a black tome and it turned out to be SBof Mystic shovel...

BTW what's the use for Tract of Chaos/Balance/Order? I know corruption can be removed by reading ToOrder but anything else? Alignment things perhaps?

I hereby announce that I am more than willing to kill anyone who dares to cross my way
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3755 days, 10 hours, 39 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 at 20:00 (GMT -5)

yep. Tracts draw your alignment towards theirs when you read them.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6320 days, 16 hours, 33 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2002 at 01:56 (GMT -5)

Well, at least stone amulet is amulet of petrification resistance, that's for sure, it has always been in my games. And glass amulet has been amulet of light, can't remeber if it ever has been something else. Could be a tweak for newer versions? And wooden ring is always ring of fire resistance.

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2002 at 04:14 (GMT -5)

very often I know wand of wish like glowing wand a specialy grey elven necro;) About 80% my PC was necro.

Portrait
Archangel
Registered user
The Creator's servant

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2002 at 05:41 (GMT -5)

Maybe TB has planned this whole identification thing: You may easily think that some items are always the same when unidentified but sometimes they can bring you a nasty suprise if you use/wield/wear/zap/drink/eat/throw(missed anything?) them.

Ummm...My point is that these items usually look the same when unidentified but not always. I think this is a good thing. I don't know about you but it makes me want to play more carefully, not trusting my luck or some default.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: